Indonesia SS 2008: Day 6 (22 June -- FINALS)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2008' started by badMania, Jun 21, 2008.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Maybe they have to take out thoes 'extra' players...like ZM, WL, JYJ, ....etc...thoes ranks in top 32....but not qualified to represent their country.....as Chn can only sent 3......the rest not included the the OG list...:rolleyes:

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Both lah.......enjoying at the same time mah....dont waste....:D:D:D

3. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Tony/Candra and Tazari/Fairuz will be in world top 10 next week, replace HJM/LJJ and Ikeda/Sakamoto...

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Thanks for the respone.......;)

5. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Zhu Lin will be up to 2nd place; replace her compatriot Lu Lan and Tine Rasmussen.

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LOL, no need to think why, Maria was WR #24 at the end of qualifying period, the highest ranking Indonesia WS. If want to have 2 representative, must be top 16. We already have WMC.

http://internationalbadminton.org/WS Olympic Qualifiers - 150608.pdf

7. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

Maria Kristin's loss is a blessing in disguise...she's gained a lot of confidence and will work on her weak points between now and the olympic games. Hopefully she hasn't peaked yet. :)

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

its an hard fought and mouth watering battle between zhu lin vs maria juz now..
    i love to watch that match!!:)
    have been very long time didnt see such an exciting and interesting ws match:)

9. george@chongwei

why???????????????!!

i juz cant understand!!!
    why everytime malaysia fuzzy pair takes points, the INA fans will boo them??:mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    there is no sportsmanship at all!!!:rolleyes:
    eventhough they always boo fuzzy pair, but luckily fuzzy pair can deal with the situation and not get panic and eventually win the game and title!!!:cool::)

10. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

I was quite surprised by how well Maria played today. When she beat Zhang NIng yesterday, I thought that ZN's lack of fitness and slow movement was a big factor in maria's victory. BUt today, Maria was just brilliant, retrieving and anticipating nearly everything that ZL threw at her , and smashing like there's no tomorrow. she was in control of most of games 1 & 2, but unfortunately crumbled in the third ..

11. george@chongwei

she`s juz like nguyen tien minh in the ms category..
    suddenly so strong in playing badminton!!:D
    and can challenge many top players./

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    not suddenly lar...they are slowly improving...:D

13. MaLiq

MaLiq Regular Member

i'm asking the same question!!!
    even when they announced the MAS pairs' name in the prize-giving ceremony,
    fuzzy received boos and jeers from the crowd
    fairuz n zakry didnt look like celebrating much on the podium
    kinda sad
    it was a hard-fought match and the winner really2 deserved to win
    haihhzz

14. jadehunt

jadehunt Regular Member

student
    yes they do..when im in the stadium...its was so obvious!..we(students..abt 13 of us) cant do anythings..only waving our small jalur gemilang..n so sad when they call us maling-sia(maling means pencuri):(...hope this never happen again next time

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    just relax...they are just wasting their energy...for nothing...dont take it into your heart...let it like wind...gone...

16. victory

victory Regular Member

Congratulations to all winners! I am so glad to see the fuzzy have finally grown to be a formidable consisitent pair. There is no doubt about their capability now after their win against Tony/Chandra. I think Tony/Chandra played to the best of ability in IO in past 12 months time. Yet fuzzy came out on top.

I am also very impressed with maria Kristin even though she lost to ZL. I think her skill , speed and fitness is definately on par with ZL if not better then her. Maria played fantastic dropshot and chops in the match. Also she is not tall but she has excellent angle. I think she lost because of her injured right leg and her inexperience. It's a pity she played too many over ambitious inaccurate dropshot and chops in the third game that cost her too many points at the beginning of third game. In third game her stoke is not that accurate due too fatigue she should have played more conservatively. She should have attacked only after she created better opportunity. May be her leg injury started to give her pressure to finish each rally faster. Anyway she is definately rising.

Indonesian spectators have very lousy sportmanship! If they have heard of sportmanship and fair play at all!! Indonesian spectators boo zakry/tazari everytime they gain points. But I am most shocked when they even boo fuzzy when they receive their prize from the VIP!! Unbelievable! If I am the VIP that present the prize i will feel very ashame of the behaviour of the crowd. Don't they know the war is over? Don't they know that is the time to honour 4 players that played their heart out to give us some highest level badminton?:mad: Instead of booing they should have cheered all 4 players! What a shame Indonesian spectators! :mad::eek:

17. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Political reason. More than meets the eye. If you're malaysian, you should know exactly what's the cause of that.

18. Chikka-Chan

Chikka-Chan Regular Member

Student
    Wow!!!I get so impressed with maria!!What a spirit!!!
    And,congratz 2 lilyana!!!!She's totally cool!!!!!Vita did great too with her smashes!!!!!
    Great,indonesia's women team!!!!

19. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Jadehunt, I think it will happen again until some fairness is restored... Actually, the reasons are obvious... and have nothing to do with sportsmanship and badminton.

In order for all your questions to be fully answered. Please ask the Malaysian leaders on why Malaysians get this treatment from many Istora spectators... We can't discuss this in BC forum... For now, just don't take it personally before learning of what Malaysian leaders have done to Indonesia.

That's all. Let's return to badminton... :)

20. MaLiq

MaLiq Regular Member

lets juz leave politics to the politicians
    n enjoy good badminton
    think of badminton as fresh air to the ongoing political issues
    me, i still support indonesian badminton players (except if their opponents on that day are malaysians) especialy simon santoso..
    pity he didnt won..
    zzz

#760 MaLiq, Jun 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2008