Thai players

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by Georgina, Sep 23, 2006.

1. mikki

mikki Regular Member

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    SCG unveils “SCG Badminton Academy”

Source : http://www.scg.co.th/en/08news_release/01_news/detail.php?ContentId=1918

SCG unveils “SCG Badminton Academy” Thai badminton players will be fully developed skills and potential through sports science as international standard

Date : 19 March 2008

Siam Cement Group (SCG) today announced the official launch of its SCG Badminton Academy, the group’s latest initiative to develop Thai badminton player’s skills and capability under the international standard. Young badminton players will be carefully selected to take parts of the program on potential development. The candidates will be trained intensively in specific skills and given detailed knowledge of sports science with the dedication to excellence in badminton.

SCG will spend Baht 30 millions annually on generating young badminton players for the national teams, hoping for upgrading the standard of Thai badminton to the world-class level.

Matana Leongnarktongdee, Corporate Communications Director of Siam Cement Group (SCG), disclosed at the SCG Badminton Academy press conference, “Setting an international standard of badminton player development in Thailand for the first time at the SCG Badminton Academy, all badminton players’ potential will be developed through systematic training programs which are organized and supervised by the specialized trainers of international renown from China, placing great emphasis on techniques and skills in professional badminton. Currently, 22 players are participating in the program, all of whom are urged to improve their capability through practicing and adopting a scientific approach, for instance, physiology, nutrition and psychology, which are the fundamentals of potential development. Moreover, SCG plans to enhance their capability with the dedication to excellence in badminton, and at the same time pushes them to important tournaments, both national and international events, namely SCG All Thailand, SCG Thailand Open, World Junior Championships, etc. Furthermore, SCG provides all players with special care and comfort, including the arrangement of accommodations, nutritious meals, appropriate education in conformity with certain practice, and seeking the schools that fully support the young participants. SCG also provides services in transportations for picking them up and dropping them off, so that they will have plenty of time to rest and practice, and makes the education plans in favor of their development program. All expense approximately Baht 30 millions per year will be paid for by SCG.”

SCG Badminton Academy, located on Krungthep-Kreetha 37 road, is Thailand’s first initiative project that provides comprehensive program for the development of skills and potentiality of young Thai badminton players with the international standards. It is established with the objectives to support any talented players and give them an opportunity to develop their badminton potential towards a world-class level. And after the completion, these players are to be handed over to the Badminton Association of Thailand in order to represent the national team for future competitions.

Associate Professor Jaroen Krabuonrat, A Lecturer of Faculty of Education, Kasetsart University and an expert of Sport Science, said that sports science is essential for the players’ potential development. At present, it is widely recognized by the sports leading countries. This is due to the fact that it enhances skills and capabilities of the sportsmen, both in practice and competitions, through a series of systematic performance and a good planning. By applying different theories to their regular practice, the sportsmen will have a complete control over any situations while competing in the arena.

“According to the principles of sports science, masterful players are the result of practice not a gift. Although a gift is considered a natural advantage, without the right and systematic practice a player may temporarily be benefited from that gift, which may not last long. Moreover, good nutritious food and psychological development are also essential for the sportsmen to pursue their excellence in sports. I am confident that capability of Thai sportsmen is as great as that of other nationals, only if they are enhanced by the systematic sports science.” Added Associated Professor Jaroen.

Qualifications for the participating sportsmen of SCG Badminton Academy are male or female aged between 14-17, who has passed the badminton skill test and the physical examination, any young badminton player who are truly gifted with the potential and outstanding performance from any national tournaments. The candidates will practice under the system of sports science, utilizing badminton techniques and skills.

Promoting and sponsoring badminton is one of many social activities that SCG has continuously and fully been engaged in, both the national and the international levels, because it is considered suitable for Thai people due to our physical appearance, and because Thailand has many talented badminton players who can compete in a world-class level to win the international recognition and bring fame to their nation. Furthermore, SCG aims to improve their quality of life and develop them, both physically and mentally, into good and moral individuals, who will be an important force of their nation. SCG also hopes to foster a generation of highly capable and morally upstanding individuals who can contribute to the country’s future development.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hope they can develop another boonsak ponsana:)

4. pookypie

pookypie Regular Member

Student
    Haha, with reference to the Pattaya Beach Outing thing,
    it seems that most Badminton players always wear Yonex wherever they go huh! :D

5. kclint

kclint Regular Member

well i think in the future there will be another Boonsak, i stayed there for about 6 months... and every badminton court i go... there's a lot of kids training everyday... from 6 yrs old - above... so i think yeah.. in the future.. :)

6. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Boonsak is the only one who has 6-pack in the photo...

7. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Sudket is sooooo funny... :D

Btw, can Hauge or someone else ask him to change his hairstyle? :p

8. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Can someone translate this?
    [​IMG]

9. xmatvx

xmatvx Regular Member

do you guys have pictures of Nichaon Jindapol?I think she's a junior player.

10. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

looks like "Kungfu-Panda" just whopped the lil guy haha :eek:;)

11. k-a-n-t

k-a-n-t Regular Member

hahaha The man in circle run to the man who said and got his elbow.

so He said like>>>Friend i'm sorry but you ran to my elbow by yourself.ieie

12. rookienen

rookienen Regular Member

yup!! and i'm lovin it..:D:D

13. Shuttlekok

Shuttlekok Regular Member

She is Kunchala Voravichitchaikul. My new found favourite female player!
    Got mezmerised by her fighting spirit and skills in the recent SO08.

Up and coming... hope she can go far! :)

14. Shuttlekok

Shuttlekok Regular Member

Yes she is cute! Her name is Kunchala Voravichitchaikul... think of Thai's
    women players... think of her only! She is so.... sweettttttttt..... :p

15. Georgina

Georgina Regular Member

Student
    So sorry that I have MIA for soooooooooooo long after starting the thread!
    Loh: I havent graduate yet! Next year! Haha!

I still love the Thai players and I met some of them during Aviva Open a few weeks ago!! :)

Songphon issssssssssssssssssssss so naughty! Arghhhhh!
    I asked him to take a photo for Sudket and I.
    Look at how he took the photo for us?! He claimed that this is called artistic! Faint!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanted to take another pic with Sudket, myself and my friends and look at what Songphon did.
    Can someone please slap him for me!
    Khob khun naja!
    Hahaha!

Miss them miss them!

#175 Georgina, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  16. phoiyih_luv bad

phoiyih_luv bad Regular Member

student
    omg

omg.....u noe songphon?.....
    he's cool.....haha..^^...:cool:
    u go 4 aviva?
    got take pic wif him, tanongsak n boonsak or not..^^../?
    if got....post up ya....me wanna see...big fan...haha..

17. Georgina

Georgina Regular Member

Student
    Ya I know him.
    He is highly irritating! :D
    Tanongsak didnt go for Aviva Open unfortunately.
    He is still part of the junior team!!
    Ya I took pics with Boonsak,Sudket(love him the mostest!haha!),Saralee,Songphon & Poompat but Im shy to post them here! :p

18. phoiyih_luv bad

phoiyih_luv bad Regular Member

student

y not...?
    k la....juz post tat one
    u n boonsak la...^^

19. Georgina

Georgina Regular Member

Student
    Ok la, I'll share some of the photos...
    But please dont throw papers at me! Haha!
    :p:p:p:p:p

[​IMG]
    Sudket took this pic for Songphon and meeee...
    Sudket! :D

[​IMG]
    Boonsak and me...

[​IMG]
    Poompat, Boonsak and me!

[​IMG]
    My favouritest Sudket and meeee!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

20. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

wah, georgi, it has been a while eh?
    what have you been up to all this time?