LD vs LCW....unfair match...

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by **KZ**, Aug 17, 2008.

1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Not only that, but before next point, he apologised to LCW for the delay and dispute.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

errrrhm, i request an exemption rule for Du and Yu:D So glad they weren't wearing skirts:D

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hehehe, LCW should say thanks to LD for a free gifted point due to a technicality. LD was moving so fast that his shorts failed him, and like kwun said, even the rubber mat got wrinkled when LD breaks.

4. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

LD was very gracious and polite throughout the match. Looks like he only focuses on winning and left his emotion off the court. Good for him!

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yes, TXF did his magic again!

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    The easy way LD beat (more like demolish) LCW, is it similar to ZJH demolishing JS in AE91, but on a far bigger stage. LD is like a precision, killing machine, focus on each point and focussing on all his opponent throughout the tournament....no that LCW could not beat LD, nobody can either...fair and square, no excuses, a very convincing win by LD, and put to rest who is the greatest of them all.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    TSF prepared Lin Dan well. despite his skill and power, LD best weapon today was his focus and determination. if anything perturb his focus, LCW will be able to sneak in and reverse the match.

TSF knew that.

Throughout the match, LD have had chances of emotional outburst. when LD turns back to look at TSF, TSF will put both his hands up to tell him calm down. esp in the 2nd to last rally of the match. LD was in the verge of bursting with victory but he looked at TSF and LD signed back to TSF telling him that "yes yes, l will stay calm."

No one else could have done it. LD is the rebelious type who would defy authority. TSF had the complete respect and authority over this rebelious LD to keep him in full mental focus and stability. he has not only groomed him perfectly technically but he has also prepared him perfectly mentally.

TSF has tamed the roaring tiger and made him into a champion. i believe the true champion of the match should be TSF.

8. markham player

markham player Regular Member

medical
    Kwun : "TSF has tamed the roaring tiger and made him into a champion. i believe the true champion of the match should be TSF."

IMHO & to be fair, 1/4 of LD's gold medal should go to TSF, 1/4 goes to Chairman Mao, 1/4 goes to the spectators on spot, the rest goes to LD himself.

9. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

Hope LD won on performance only

I watched the game live last night from Darwin Australia on TVRI. I have never seen such total domination in a singles match before between what should be two evenly matched players. Something just didn't add up to me. LD didn't tire even after a number of long rallys and just didn't show any physical effects of the game, even towards the death null. He was playing shots at the end of the game that were just as sharp as the first point. After also watching CJ & the Korean (CJ also being super fit) it was a different story, they both became very tired. In last nights game LCW was exhausted. He was sucking in every bit of free air he could get and it must have been like hitting against a wall. PG even scored better against LD compared to LCW which probably shouldn't be the case given PGs age. I just hope that everything was legit (not saying it's not and I'm very unbias) because he was like superman last night. LCW at his total best wouldn't have scored any better against such a barrage. Lets just hope that LD is 100% clean and hasn't used any artificial performance enhancing products. Badminton seems to be a really clean sport compaired to others and I pray it remains that way!! Lets just hope nothing comes out in the wash.

Tim H

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

none for LYB:confused::eek:

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    this is the tightest olympics in terms of doping control. so your conspiracy theory won't fly.

some of the top athletes have been tested many times a day and i am sure LD will not be any different.

12. viver

viver Regular Member

For tournaments, TXF always placed determination in the first place. During matches, never let the emotions distract yourself from the objective and always vigilant to the changes in your opponent and reply accordingly.

It seems simple logic, but to achieve this one need to be well prepared not only in physical and technical terms but also know your opponent well.

To me, TXF is simply the best. :-D

13. sepang

sepang Regular Member

LCW wasn't played well if you really READ the game :D; however, there was no doubt that LD played superb and well prepare for the game.

Game is over. The fact is the fact. no more if then else.:cool:
    Kudo to LD and keep up the good work to LCW.

14. markham player

markham player Regular Member

medical
    What did he do?

15. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

Phelps is another god.

16. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

Not a conspiracy theory, as I said, I just hope Badminton remains one of the cleanest sports on the planet. If Lin Dan played that well with no artificial help whatsoever then he's the best I've ever seen period and that's most likely how it is.

I guess if LCW played way below his standards then that's just how it was. Maybe badminton is just a lot more unpredictable that other sports because I'm sure we all expected a very tight match. Lets just hope any drug cheats get busted. If that sprinter from Jamaca is clean he's a super hero to. He just laughed at the other sprinters whilst almost breaking the WR, amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at anyone I'm just amazed that's all!

17. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

I don't know if you play badminton yourself, but I do, and in my experience, you get tired much more quickly if you are losing because your opponent is controlling you and making you spend more energy chasing down the shuttle. LCW was losing by a lot, it's no wonder that he got tired much quicker than LD did.

18. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

I do play and I realise that, but LD just looked like he could have played another game straight away. One or two of the rallys went for quite awhile with awesome shots played by both players and with LD running to all corners. Not only did he return everything that LCW could throw at him he didn't look puffed at all, amazing!! I did notice that LD was anticipating LCWs cross court smash weapon. He got beaten a couple of times by it but after that he favoured his backhand side a bit more in readiness. I was just amazed by the great contrast between these two players given that it was even money before the game commenced.

19. scann

scann Regular Member

IT - Software
    It is not fair, because Tv director always show Ms Xie and not Ms Wong:crying:.

20. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

LCW lost and LD won well.....it is just not LCW (maybe, cud not handle the pressure from the whole nation of MAS)....his normal return of LD smash which is just above the net, flew up very high every time last night and easy for LD to kill, and LD was superbly fast.....it wont be easy for any MAS in any final after 51 years of independent still yearning for a olympic gold medal