Olympics 2008 : Who's going ?

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by Syaoran_Style, Nov 18, 2007.

1. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Hey Loh,
    Nice pics there. Yeah that was one different restaurant. I'm glad you & Yong had a good go at the intestine dish. The other dishes were quite nice. :)

2. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Hey Chris, How is Hong Kong? sounds nice there... Are you there Friday night, or go during friday?
    I said farewell to Beijing today & now in Shanghai - its is really foggy right now - visibility down to afew blocks :eek:
    I do miss Beijing, could have done with afew more days, but it was all a good experience!

3. kemana

kemana Regular Member

picture of our get together. these were taken near the entrance

Attached Files:

4. kemana

kemana Regular Member

you can see jason seawell jenniffer kevin fengwei ctjcad in the upper pics, guess who is who

5. kemana

kemana Regular Member

by the way anyone has any idea where the china open should be held this year? if it's in beijing i'm gonna cry , cause i'll be in hongkong during china open

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

coca cola advertisement perhaps??:D:D
    [​IMG]

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..thanks Loh & kemana for sharing more of the get-together pics!:)
    ..hi Jason!! I'm still here in HK! It's great!! I will be leaving HK on Saturday, though. Tomorrow (Friday), i will be out the whole day (noon and night), so don't know if i'll have a chance to meet up with you.
    I just got a chance to surf internet/BC now, as i was out & about the last couple of days!.:p
    ..both upcoming China Opens should be in CangZhou & Shanghai...and supposedly the BWF Super Series Final will be held in China (not sure where; could be in Beijing, one more time)..;)

Off topic:
    YAY!! So happy to finally meet up with red00ecstrat(Stefan) and Cheung!!!:):cool: both of them are so nice & generous!! as they took time off from their busy schedule to accompany me!! Too bad my stay is HK is only a few days! Like in Beijing, so many things to see but yet, so little time to see them all..:p
    Tomorrow afternoon, before i leave for the states, i've got a date with our badMania!!So happy, to meet up with these 3 HK BCers!!..:);)

#327 ctjcad, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hmm, how come buyer of scapled ticket is bad but buyers for inflated tickets from that broker is not:confused: *confused*

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Actually...

..it's illegal, either or both ways, to sell overpriced tix.
    The situation where the buyer was caught red-handed, right there & then at the spot, happened in front of many people (incl. police/security guards). I wasn't there, but BadFever saw the incident and shared with me.
    As for the jacked-up tix prices, that's the way it goes, if one wants to watch the sessions. I, myself, had to pay for 2 overpriced tix myself to watch 2 sessions. After that, i stopped watching the sessions; just too much. One will be lucky to have someone give him or her free tix or slightly a bit more priced tix.:p

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    On the first evening of our arrival on Aug 12, hcyong and I rushed to meet up with Chris "under the bridge" across the stadium to collect from and pay him RMB700 for a RMB50 badminton ticket. Inflated though the price was, there was no way we could get a cheaper ticket then. :(

It was also the first time that we got to see the rest of the BC group in the stadium, some for the first time like Jason, Syaoran Style, Kemana and Seawell. We chatted animatedly as though we have known each other for a long time! Unfortunately, Li De Quan was not with us as he was patiently waiting outside to secure the autographs of his favourite players. :)

Some of us next gathered at Wangfujing and after some rigorous shopping spree, we adjourned quite late in the evening for a bite at the Food Republic in the vicinity. Hcyong and I shared a large plate of "ice kacang" Beijing style, while the still-growing and very hungry Fengwei gorged down a few small 'baskets' of dim sum. Roti prata was even available and it was passed around by Chris. Leslie, Tarek's friend from France, also joined us and sampled a few spoonfuls of our ice kacang. She liked it! :D

Attached Files:

11. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    :crying::crying:I met taufik twice(also his lovely daughter:p:p),but it was impossible to get his autograph!There were a lot of INA fans and also some volunteers!The INA fans took photos with taufik.I was just beside taufik but those volunteers(some people like bodyguards) pushed me away:cool::cool:!!
    But fortunately,I got XIA Xuanze's autograph:):).

12. LI De Quan

student
    Some photos(normal quality:mad:&off topic)

Attached Files:

13. LI De Quan

student
    another four photos

Attached Files:

14. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    may i know what are those food on the table?
    [​IMG]

15. kemana

kemana Regular Member

i didn't even meet him , i think i'm the one that should cry:crying:

16. kemana

kemana Regular Member

too bad we only get together for such a short time, maybe next time :D
    by the way ,can i have a bigger version of the picture that we took in the stadium?

17. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Main course clockwise start from the plate with pink flower
    1) Roast Lamb.
    2) Soya sauce pork.
    3) Some internal organ of whatever. If look closer, the black color were a lot of spiky soft needles shape. Supposed to dip with the curry look a like sauce.
    4) Some kind of mixed bean pastry.
    5) As for the noodle, it's called "char chiang mien" i think. You can see a small bowl of "black ink" sauce next to my chopstick which is to be mixed with the noodle. The sauce is made of pork lard.

This is my first time having local Beijing food.
    The food is too 'exotic' for my taste bud. For me, the best on the table is the cup of tea. Yummm. :p

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Couple more pics to share..

..(courtesy of seawell);):cool:

During our Aug. 12th get-together at the stadium..
    [​IMG]

During our baddy get-together, on the 15th. Also have other pics of other BCers, but will wait for Fengwei to upload those>>Feng, i hope you're reading this:);)..The gentleman 2nd from left is the person/Chinese Universities Men's Singles winner Fengwei mentioned about. And the gentleman standing on the far right is our Glasger (Ian).:cool:
    [​IMG]

Off topic:
    - Jason, hope you made it to HK this past Friday, as planes, ferries were all cancelled from coming into & out of HK. The weather was bad on that day as typhoon Nuri hit HK & Macau starting on Thursday night. I believe it was the first time in 5 yrs, a typhoon was elevated to no. 9. I guess it's the only way for shops, stores, schools, offices in HK to be closed. Was on a ferry coming back from Macau (on thursday night) and was it a rough 1-hr ride or what..:p
    - Speaking about food, tried the Portuguese' egg tart in Macau. I would say, it tasted a bit different, better, IMO, that those sold at KFC. The outer skin definitely has more "crunch".
    ..yeah, back to reality.:p...It was a pretty rough ride on the flight back (from TPE to L.A.), a lot of turbulence.:p...But glad & happy to meet you, Cheung and Stefan in HK!:):cool:

#338 ctjcad, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  19. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Hey Chris, Yeah you guessed it. I wondered if you got out on Saturday OK - sounds like you did.
    I got to Shanghai airport Friday - every flight to HK, Macau, Taiwan cancelled :crying: Least I got to go on the Maglev train to the airport at 431kmph;)
    My flight was changed to today (monday) 3 days away, wasn't going to stay in Shanghai another 3 nights so got a flight back to Beijing for some more shopping. In HK now for 1 night before heading back to Australia.

Went to mybadmintonstore this arvo. Good prices & friendly owner.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Hmm..^^

..i guess the stores' owners in Beijing were praying hard so you would come back and continue your shopping there, eh??..:):p..j/k..;)

Yeah, sorry to hear you couldn't come to HK earlier. Good & safe trip back home to Melbourne!..And don't forget to post any pics you've got during your Beijing trip!..;):cool:

*I almost didn't leave HK on Saturday (actually was hoping that my flight would be pushed back til Sunday). But fortunately/unfortunately, the sky cleared in the afternoon.;)

#340 ctjcad, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008