Japan Open-Day 6(21/9/2008) finals

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Open / Japan Open 2008' started by robin7, Sep 20, 2008.

1. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    now let's off topic here.. and continue the next tournament!!! CHINA MASTERS SUPER SERIES 2008!!!

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    both CMO and JO is quite boring to me...hmm...no lydia and others...hmm...anyways....ours md are there(CMO)...hehe...go...kiong kiong...

ops....sorry....off topic...

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

And as usual also a lot of criticism ...... will appear in the media soon. When LCw lost last yr Denmark Open due to knee injury it's called excuses i.e. injured also cannot lose. Lost cos tired/fatigue also got critised.
    And cannot just say "the other player played better", also excuse (not saying you :D). Give any reason, is also excuse.
    Other country players give injury reason dont kena critised as intense.

Give reason cannot, dont give reason also cannot.
    :p;):D:D

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Speaking of pressure...

...i just hope his newly bestowed Dato title hasn't put any pressure on him..;)

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Being professional badminton player in mas aren't easy. U have to be mentally strong enough to absorb those critics when u lost and praying words when u win.

1 question - If Datuk Lee is injured, why he still want to continue playing the game (final)? He can choose to quit at the beginning of 1st set. And somemore news reported that the injuries is not bad - ''slightly injured.''

If he feels that he is not fit enough (MAYBE HE GOT ALOT OF FUNCTION AND PARTY AFTER CAME BACK FROM BEIJING) to compete in the Japan Open after the 'exhausting Beijing Olympic Game', why still want to compete? He can choose to stay at home and play guli (marbles), just like LiN dAN.

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It is not LCW's fault that he is a Datuk. Criticise all you want, but at least it is unfair to be sarcastic about his Datukship.

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

They won Indonesia Open in 2005 I think. Thrashing Candra/Sigit 15:3 in the 3rd game. I am not sure whether they had any major title before that.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it seem all the 08 OG finalists who entered in this JO fail to grab any title considering so many withdrawal from many top names.

9. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Well said, these lame excuses need to end ;)

10. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    hau-ge must be happy his prayers are answered.. finally sony get to beat chong wei..

haha :D

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Making opponents more determined and hungrier to win before the next match

:D:D:D Dato Asbullah ... So are you saying that LCW was thinking that after winning the Semi-Finals was "Mission Accomplished"?

We have to note when LCW told the press about his hand injury.

Anyway, I feel that players should make less comments (to the press) about their injuries before their next match. When learned about a player's injuries, it could make opponent(s) more determined and/or hungrier to win the next match.

:):):)

12. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Well said.

In professional sports, injuries and fatigue are normal and part of the game (imagine that in tennis, it is common that MS players may have to play 3 hours or even 4-5 hours every game in a competition, and when lost, they or their supporters never complain of injuries or fatigue but admit that the winning opponents are playing better).

This is because, managing your own physical conditions from competition to competition are also part of the professionalism / intelligence of the player.

From this simple first point of view, LCW is way worse than many players. Therefore I said he is not good enough to be world no.1, overall speaking.

Talking about his own injury before the JO final, given me an impression that he is pre-empting people with some pre-excuse so that people would have advance sympathy towards any potential loss he might have in the final (okay this is only an impression, no one but LCW could only know whether the true intention is). He should not mention it, or just pull out of the match if the injury really matters.

Therefore, from this second point of view, LCW still disappointed me by lacking the charater of a real champion.

And I dare to guess that being a professional badminton player in China would be more difficult than in MAS. If you are not performing well, apart from critics, you would be easily dumped out of the national team, as they have too many choices. Look at Chen Hong, Wang Chen, Zhou Mi... They could still be in the world's top ten when not in team China, but no longer in team China.

Only when LCW has breakthrough in these areas would he become the real champion, real world No.1..

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) There's not much "praying words" when he wins, just ok, win lor. If LCW win SS title, just alright he won another title. THe OG silver medal was considered as "failure to win 1st gold" not "great you won 2nd". THe praises by the politicians aft OG (seldom happen normally) was due to political tug a war.

2) Also will have criticism, worse maybe - 'how can give up in the finals -> mentallly weak. :D

3) It's already posted that contractually the players must go Japan Open as that's the home country of Yonex. As I recall, LCW is the only MS rep from BAM. LTS, Sairul, Roslin are from clubs. And.......... LCw is defending champion of JO.......

ANd, of course, if dont go, there'll also be criticism....... the Indonesian MD gold medalist, XD silver medalist can go, why LCW so weak & tired, cannot go?:p

All the above is not saying you say,but for sure there will be such comments - that's why the perception of non Msians that Msians are a negative lot, here & in real life.

Have you noticed the Indonesia MD gold medalist, XD silver medalist, WS bronze medalist also didnt win the JO title ? Their junior XD (one half at least) won XD title instead. The WS OG bronze medalist lost to the OG 4th place finisher. All the OG medalist did not win JO title, best is runner up.

So, all the medalist also... not fully fit this JO, do you see the criticism for them is as intense ?? That's what I mean. :D

#1093 eaglehelang, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well said! ;)

I did not watch the finals, but a friend commented that LCW employed the wrong tactics against Sony. Sony was thought to be the smarter player by first slowing down the first game with lobs and clears and not allowing LCW to pressure him with his speedy play. Sony seemed to do better with this strategy and it appeared LCW could not match him.

In the second game, my friend said Sony changed tactics and speed up his game instead. LCW was caught in the wrong gear and could catch up and that was probably why he gave up his Japan Open title so easily.

Sony deserves to win more titles after having been in the circuit for such a long dry spell with relatively short periods of success. I hope he will continue to shine for INA. :)

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

itu dia!!

satu jaringan yang baik..haha:p:p:rolleyes:
    actually i expected this comment to come out after lee chong wei lost in the final yesterday..
    the conclusion is, (very well shoot)`satu tembakan yang baik` :rolleyes::cool:, dato.

16. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Again, Mas mentality is weak.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Could that friend be..

...your loyal and faithful traveling BC companion??...;)..
    The Finals matches were okay. The WS, WD & i heard the MD (couldn't see the livestream) matches were pretty good as they went the distance. But it was refreshing to see many new faces & competing in the Finals.:cool:

18. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

After reading this thread, I am sure lucky without internet access yesterday...if not I might already a gone case with all this excitement....I watch the live on TV without a clue what Hau-ge had PAWs and thus without the stress

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Only in BadmintonCentral..^^

..where cardiovascular & heart pounding exercise without the need to get up from one's seat and not moving the arms and legs happens!..:cool:

#1099 ctjcad, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No this is a Malaysian friend from my badminton group. ;)