Armortec 900 Technique

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by UchihaIyer, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Alrite, something is weird..

I was given an AT 700 (old) as a gift and i have been using it for 2 games.
    The at 700 is so much more powerful and fast as compared to the AT 900 T!!!

I mean i know that AT 900 T do not pack that much punch, but i control better and etc with the AT 700!!

I have never used the AT 700 before so this is my first, I am wondering what is going on..

2. JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy Regular Member

Was it a 3U or 4U racquet? It also depends on the weight and stringing too. I own two AT900T (One strung at 28lbs with BG66 and one strung at 26lbs with BG85) and it worked out well for me. Mine is a 4U racquet.

3. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    mine is all 3u so thats why i am wondering what is happening?,, :(

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    No Blurry, you haven't adapted to 3U yet. I like my racket.

However I know with my 900SA, I can swing faster but it's not as powerful as the 900T.

5. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    I am looking at getting an Armortec 900, still deciding Power or Technique. I went to Lee's Badminton (like most people in Toronto/GTA Area) and tried both out in my hands. The 900 Power feels quite solid, while the Technique is slightly (very slightly) lighter. The 900 Technique I would say is quite a balanced racquet. It feels great since I play a more balanced game, also I will be likely getting the 3U version.

6. Pochacho

Pochacho Regular Member

Hmm... I have seen lots of comment of different people saying that the technique is more a control/balance racquet compared to power. (even Yonex claimed to design the 2 racquet this way)
    However, I play better with the power in all aspects, even doing drop shot or net shot.... am I weired or that I haven't fully explore the technique? (I have tried to stick with the technique for the last few times i play... but still...)
    :confused:

7. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    This tip might help some people who feel that their At900T 3U is somewhat lacking in power. I changed the balance point to make the head more heavier. I reduced the length of my overgrip so that the racquet's balance point became 30.2 cm (somewhere slightly over 30 cm). I really enjoy my game after this adjustment.

8. JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy Regular Member

The Armotec 900 Technique is mostly good for drops and net plays. Once you get use to it, you will feel a great improvement. This is only for the 4U Technique since I have never tried the 3U before.

9. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Regular Member

Manager
    rackets

Hello People

I've ordered a Armortec 900T and have been looking through the forums for information and have noticed a pattern emerging.

All the people whose rackets seem to break are from Asia and specifically Maylasia and Singapore. My theory is that you all have fake rackets. You pay through the nose for crap because in those countries its not very well regulated and there are no trading standards.

People will sell you a fake racket because they make more money which they need to feed their family. Unlike in the UK where people don't need to work and the company who sells it to you will get alot of grief for selling you crap.

No offense

10. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I think you should keep your smartass comments to yourself and do a bit more research in the ways of how Asian countries operate economically before you make any more stupid comments like that. I could name a thousand ways to get fakes in UK, but does that make the UK a country who cannot even control it's economy even though it's one of the major "western powers"? I think not. And don't think that adding "no offense" to your statement will make that garbage you wrote look any better and less offensive.

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I have the international catalogue, provided by a Yonex authorized dealer.

To answer your question, it is posted on Yonex’s website. The question is, are you looking at the correct Yonex website?

12. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    I second this wholeheartedly :) Master Yoda is quite ignorant in his post

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yoda also posted in another AT900 thread but few others have already reponded to it.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44558&page=4

14. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
  15. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
  16. mmnoor

mmnoor Regular Member

Well, well.. touching on broken rackets, Thomas Laybourn admitted that he also broke off 3 racquets in a particular tournament. Is he using fake??

I really wonder, how stupid people can be? It's like saying that people who live in a country ruled by a woman, are a bunch of faggots.

MASTER YODA, if you have nothing better to do, since people in UK do not need to work, come down to Malaysia..... and i'll give you a kick up your @$$!! and i might even stick a fake racket or two up your bottom....

17. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

cmon now, what's with all the hate. let's put them aside and keep the forums clean.

on topic: i've been using the AT900T for a while now and I noticed that it feels better if strung at a higher tension. When I got it, it was strung at 23/25lbs and it felt good. But when I got it restrung at 26/28, there was a considerable change. I had it strung once again back to 23/25 and it didn't feel as good, it's like I've lost power AND control.

18. Kimmysolucious

Kimmysolucious Regular Member

I second this. We should all cool off now. Hopefully, this masteryoda will recognize his error and rectify the situation. Perhaps he will re-state his post is a less offensive, more sensitive way and not to discriminate whole countries. He might even go as far as to apologize. Who knows? If not, then we can't all beat on him. Well, i guess you can, but we shouldn't. Point is, let's not add flame to the fire.

I would hate for such a valuable thread to be closed.

Please don't close it Kwun!!!

19. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Again master Yoda,

There are something that you are quite ignorant about..

20. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Some racquets from Sg/M'sia/Indonesia/etc might be fakes, but I think that the people from Sg and M'sia probably plays harder, which might just increase the chance of getting a broken racquet. Or it can simply be the fact that most of us here come from Asia in the first place..

I've seen quite a few broken Nanospeeds, armortecs, musclepowers, etc.. in NewZealand, with NZ coding on it. That doesnt mean that they're fakes though.