Chen Long ( 谌龙 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by robin7, Nov 6, 2007.

1. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Congratulations to both of them. May they prosper together. :)

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Finally, good news. Rejoice for the couple. Chen Long popped the question and Wang Shixian said yes !
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20171127/033687.htm

Briefly,

1) After the HK Open'17, Chen Long didn't return to Beijing straightaway, he went to Xiamen and proposed to Wang Shixian !

2) The couple will register their marriage at year end;

3) Actually, they have been dating for 10 years already, keeping their relationship under wraps until it was first reported by the local media in 2013 when the two went sightseeing at Jiuzhaigou Valley;

4) During the All England 2014 championship, the foreign media exposed their secret romance;

5) In fact, the couple started their courtship in 2007 when she was 17 and he 18, after they both joined the National Second Team in 2006;

6) During the Rio'16 Olympics, she specially flew over there and stayed at a rental apartment near the Olympic tournament venue to root and cook for him, and each day Chen Long after his match would go over to spend some time together with her before returning to the Olympic hostel for the next day's match;

6) Presently, WSX is studying at the Beijing Sports University as a postgraduate majoring in sports management.

[​IMG]
    Wang Shixian wearing the earliest diamond ring that Chen Long bought to propose to her today, 27th November 2017
    [​IMG]

#1282 Justin L, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Abu Tanki and latecomer like this.
  3. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i have a legitimate ?'n:

so, like, ummm... why is the sign in english?

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon

This thread is 10 years old! OMG :eek:

visor and swsh like this.
  5. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    WOW!

6. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Chen long gave shixian's gift wrapped with used newspaper?

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    The newspaper is in English, too.:eek:

8. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    I live in Xiamen and on all my badminton groups they are sending around a picture of them with their "red books" (Gov't marriage license). So I think they are officially married though obviously will be having the wedding party later.

Super excited they got married in my city, and I guess it happened this morning...which means Chen Long is still hanging out within a few km of me. Should I go stalk him? ;)

Abu Tanki and Cheung like this.
  9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Wondering if he bought the ring in Hong Kong.

10. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    I like he asked her regardless of his loss in HK. I'm glad his plan wasn't "if I win HK then I'll ask her to marry me" cause that wouldn't have gone so well. ;)

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Why stalk, you can just call their names and walk right up to them or request somebody around them to seek their permission to congratulate them and pose for pictures. That'll be great.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I think he did. Cheaper and safer quality than a purchase in China.

13. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    Well, it's not exactly a public appearance. All those pictures were taken by friends and such. SO first I would have to track him down and than force myself upon them for a picture, haha. Although I do know the restaurant where the proposal happened. A little too out of my price league but cool nonetheless.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I thought I saw Wang Shixian in the players hotel when I was walking through the hotel last week. Obviously mistaken.

It's a bit off topic but Xiamen is a bit far from Beijing for a post graduate student. I guess the whole thing was planned anyway. Any significance for them to pick Xiamen?

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yup, don't have to wait for year end, the couple has registered their marriage officially and collected their certificates (the "little red book") today, 2017 November 28th. So I guess the wedding will be held year end as the author also speculated.
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20171128/022129.htm
    [​IMG]

Chen Long caught everybody by surprise today because he originally said yesterday night they would get married year end. Maybe he was referring to the customary wedding ceremony, likely the case.

Their marriage was registered at the Xiamen Si Ming Qu (Si Ming district) Civil Administration Office.

stanleyfm, Abu Tanki and Cheung like this.
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Doesn't look like newspaper to me, the bouquet of flowers that it wrapped. I think it's from the florist, the gift wrapping paper with lots of printed words.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Xiamen is considered Chen Long's hometown though he was born in Wuhan. I think Xiamen is also where his parents live, and, it could be his hukou (household registration) as well, which means he didn't change it to Beijing where he is staying at the CBA quarters and undergoing his training with the national team.

Wonder if the married couple might decide to set up home at Beijing where he is doing his training and she her postgraduate studies.

Cheung likes this.
  18. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

but Wang Shixian did go to Hong Kong with her mom, according to this account

#1298 stanleyfm, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Cheung, Justin L and swsh like this.
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Assuming Chen Long is planning his wedding for the year end, hope it doesn't distract or affect his preparation and mentality before and during the Dubai SSF which,presumably, he is participating.

As he's a married man now, Chen Long has greater duties and responsibilities to fulfil, particularly his financial burden to shoulder as WSX is undergoing postgraduate studies and probably has no income for the time being.

I trust Chen Long is fully aware and motivated enough to want to do well in his sporting career for which I hope to see him make hay while the sun shines and strike while the iron is hot to be all-conquering and in his winning ways as he once were.

At age 28, I believe he's not past his prime yet for he still has the physicality coupled with the experience and skills to carry on performing at the highest level he's capable of and win as many titles as possible and earn as much as he can in terms of prize money, product endorsements and, esp, sponsorships.

Lin Dan has set the example and shown the way for him to emulate in the aspect of how to make money and plan for the future. At his marriage proposal attended by friends and reporters, he also declared his intention to aim for Tokyo Olympics 2020. Let's see how he performs from now on.

Chen Long, all the best. With Wang Shixian as your pillar of strength and your love for each other, there can be no greater motivation and inspiration to spur you on to greater heights. Jiayou !

20. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I love my Xiamen can’t wait to go back and eat some long tou fish balls 183 in Gulangyu island.

Prolly sometime next year.