Malaysia Team : I'm proud of you.

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by undeadshot, May 14, 2010.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hahaha!!! On another note, maybe it is just coincidence that whenever, The Thing is on the sidelines watching LD play LCW, LD played his best baddy in this TC10 and in OLY08. It is like LD can switch it on and off, played great now and played so poorly in the 4 tourneys previous to this TC10 with no Thing there. In ABC09, LD legs were stucked on glue and reactionary anticipation but this TC10, his footwork is graceful, fast and anticipate where the shots were coming at him. So, we can expect The Thing to be there on every major tournaments. LD is following a game plan by the Thing.

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    you noticed the thing somehow motivates him differently. the thing follows him in the game and he can respond well;)

i see it as everything was pre-planned, daring but it work and they are one hell of a team;)

3. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I have watched OLY08 many times and this TC10 LCW-LD 2X, you can see LD eye contact with the Thing now and then at both games...like Ying-Yang, one coach is suited for one special player, Thing-LD is a match well made, people may not agree totally but I feel the same for LCW-MS (provides a calming/understanding influence to LCW), the body language between LD-Thing and LCW-MS is so evident and speak volumes. LD display in TC10 is a great game played, beautiful badminton to see whether people like him or not, and a strategy that does not allow LCW to play his game at all, i.e. nothing works. I know I will be watching replay of TC10 again and again, thanks to IloveCP for his 1080P video and I think he should change his username to 'WeAllLoveCP'...owe you a big one. Million thanks.:)

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

IMO, the M'sian team could've done better..

..they won in Mexico is correct; but it was in Guadalajara, not Mexico City..;)

As for the thread title, my only comment is (frankly): they could've done better. Even if they were to lose to CHN. Losing to JPN, in the group play, was a disappointment.

I saw their performance vs. Japan. Overall, i thought it was a disappointment losing to JPN. Whether it was a coaching/tactical error to field Fuzzy pair or not, that i don't know. Hafiz losing to Sato was also another disappointment.

Then vs. China, in the Semis, only saw the 1st MD and 2nd MS matches so i can't give much comments. The only player i would be proud of is Wong Choong Hann.
    I saw KKK & TBH play vs. CY & FHF and imo, the M'sian pair played sub-par. Made many errors and easy mistakes. Also, there was no fight from them.
    For the LCW vs. LD match, i only saw part of the 1st game on cctv. Then I only heard the crowd cheered LCW when he tried a come back late in the 1st game after being down 18-10. By then it was too late.
    For LCW, imo, it all goes back to his mental factor. It's like deja vu all over again like in the 2008 OG. In this match, from the highlights i've seen, he seemed to be clueless and lost when he played against LD, right from the get go. As if he has another episode of stage fright. What happened to his form from the AE? Did he lose it all of a sudden? Where was the fight from LCW?

#164 ctjcad, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  5. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    it's all in the mind..

a.Boast of a new 'secret' weapon that can demolish LD. sit on it,keep trying and it didn't and would not work - against LD. then his mind just went blank. clueless on what to do. what did the coaches do ? NOTHING.

b. LD lulled m'sian and the world into thinking he's 'done'...lost at AE n Swiss. but actually ??? - sleeping tiger...

c. WANTS to take 'advantage' of home ground .. bah..that's the worst part. see what one of the Fuzzy pair did ??

D. I PERSONALLY prefer M'sian team to win on foreign soil - otherwise the TAG will stick forever and ever into eternity - JAGUH KAMPUNG.

conclusion ??

- REVAMP EVERYTHING. HEAD TO TOE. otherwise , sad same story ala FAM.

- my personal conclusion - no point being World no.1. and i rest my case.

6. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    also another point to ponder.

remember those days of Tan Aik huang and gang ? the days of merdeka tournaments ??

those guys are not 'pampered' . not much or totally no monetary help at all. have to dig out from own pocket for the equipment/travel expenses.

and what are the rewards /prize money at the time ?? very little or none at all.what are the rewards form the Government of the day ??????

they did it for the LOVE of the game and for the PRIDE OF OUR COUNTRY..

what happend to them ?? Arumugam ( our SPider-man ) died a poor man.

and yet THEY MADE US PROUD.

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Those are pre-CHN days, I grew up in those days, almost poor and not knowing better esp on financial planning, tidak apa those days. Players had first job and playing badminton is after work affair. Nowadays, to compete against the might of CHN, needs full-time dedication to training, a player playing career is very short, either you make it to the top or wasted a good part of your youth chasing a dream, not to forget the abuse from fans, media. A player, is like me and maybe you, one day has a family to support and a life to retire to when the playing days are over. So, when the players have overstayed their welcome and discarded like flies, who is there to look after them...begging, charity. I have no problem TH/LD/LCW making $$$, for every TH/LD/LCW there are countless players who don't make it anywhere close to these 3 players financially. I look at those players who are not so fortunate who might end up giving up so much of their youth and end up like Arumugam;)

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You are equating WR1 to being the best and should not lose to LD so badly, so no point in being WR1.
    I look at WR1 as a financial payoff from MAS. Professional badminton player play the sport as a fulltime job, unlike the Tang Aik Huang of yesteryears who play for honors, pride and the nation, not the Arumugam who played for nothing you so fondly remember but died poor.
    LCW makes his $$$ the hard way, he earns them, not freebie. Being WR1 pays him RM15,000 bonus a month, plus salary, winnings SS, endorsement, pension from OLY silver, etc. He has to stay as WR1 to earn them. If playing baddy is a full-time job, I would expect the players to be compensated fairly. Nobody expect me to work for free, so how can we expect the players to work for free. I hope you got paid for what you do, not free. Only dumb enough people works for free;)

9. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Man, this eye-to-eye stuff is just too deep for me:D I thought it only applies to opposite ***, I am from the old school obviously :D

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer

Arhhh, I am from old, way too old school also:D....these days people with hair dye in all kinds of color (Asian dye blonde, do these people really hate their generic black hair:rolleyes:), tattoo everywhere including restricted areas of the body, piercing, erring (some oversize stuff), rings on noses (I thought only cows do that), Mohawk hair style, piercing on tongue,....so eye to eye contact between same s*x and blinking eye too, you never know what that will lead you to, so go try and find out for yourself, it could be fun, hahaha!! I am too old to find out, I give a pass.:D:p

11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Again, I would like to stress that many people mentioned 'doing' instead of 'trying'. Please tell the difference! :mad:

12. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    We are in the same boat BIRDIE. How well could we respond to the current trend except "mou arn tooi loh' (hope you understand chinese).:D

13. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    true, otb, only dumb people works for free and dumber people think otherwise:p

if i can be lcw as wr1, i just don't mind losing once in a while to only one lin dan while i get the fat checks plus plus rm€us$ every month every year:D

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Msia thomas cup advertisement invited all 1992 winning members except SOO BENG KIANG!

What happen to him?

15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I am cantonese, sure I do:)

If you are LCW, you deserve every penny you earn, you earn them the hard way i.e. you have to perform and even harder to do, is to maintain that level day in, day out. That is why I admire/respect their achievements but never get fanatical nor envy what car they drive or how much they make cos it is not an easy thing to do.