Zheng Si Wei ( 郑思维 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by volcom, Nov 25, 2014.

1. minions

minions Regular Member

Oh, sorry. I didn't check it. Still, that's quite a tall order. However, ZSW can possibly reach that feat.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Oh don't worry. I am sure the coaches will give always give him the BEST partner available like they always have. How can't he do that? He's their golden boy after all.

3. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

Not yet, but yeah I feel like zheng at 22 is better than zhang at 22.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

ZN was All England, World and Olympic Champion at 22. Now, the OG part isn't quite a fair comparison as ZSW hasn't had the opportunity to compete there yet, but personally I don't see it that way. ZN/ZYL were very dominant overall at that time, only in 2013 and 2016 did they not win the biggest tournament of the year (WC and OG respectively)

buibui2 likes this.
  5. minions

minions Regular Member

The key difference is that while Zhang/Zhao has Owi/Butet and Nielsen/Pedersen as their main rival, I don't see any current pairs become Zheng/Huang's main rival. Still looking for any pairs that can challenge Zheng/Huang on consistent basis other than their compatriot, Wang/Huang.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

To be fair, ZN had a fantastic XD partner as well when he was in his prime :D
    MD was a side note for him until 2014 or so, so it makes sense he didn't get the best partners then. Also, HYQ probably prefers playing with ZSW compared to Lu Kai, no? :D
    Anyway, I'd like to see the ZSW/ZN MD pairing. Even fits into the apparent Chinese team's philosophy of accomplished experienced players having to groom unexperienced ones :D

buibui2, Saru, wade and 1 other person like this.
  7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

See, but that's exactly what irks me - there's simply not many great XD pairs around. ZN/ZYL had a few to compete with, and still came out on top, whereas now there doesn't seem to be any great, consistent competing pairs. Wang/Huang are still inconsistent. The Japanese arent great (yet) either....

8. minions

minions Regular Member

Zheng/Huang will continue to dominate if it happens. But, I wonder if they can improve themselves under current state. I think they need a good rival that can challenge them so that they can continue to improve. I sincerely hope that Yuta/Arisa can challenge them on consistent basis. They have made real progress since last year. Also, INA pair can potentially challenge them. Richard, the INA XD head coach, said that he knows how to deal with Zheng/Huang. Praveen/Melati almost proves the coach's statement as the SF AE match suggested.

buibui2 likes this.
  9. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

ZSW and HYQ have no real rivals to test them DEEP. To an extent, kinda like what Momota is in now. Not saying that the rest of the MS pool isn't up to par; they're there. Only it's not as the way when we had all the four kings playing in their prime.

Meanwhile, ZN/ZYL had Ma Jin-Xu Chen, Pedersen-Fischer and Natsir-Ahmad. Let's talk about it.

buibui2 and Baddie lover like this.