2014 INDIA Open SS DRAW

Discussion in 'Malaysia GPG / India Open 2014' started by CLELY, Mar 18, 2014.

1. doantram

doantram Regular Member

Student
    Does she have an injury?

2. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

She was the winner last year and will loss 5,600 points by withdrawing. But she should still be able to hold on to the #4 ranking.

3. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    :crying::crying:

RI's world ranking could be in for a nasty drop? She also can't defend Thai Open title this year and WC will be challenging when you are the hunted rather than the hunter.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That is if both can progress to the Final. Both pairs tend to meet each-other at major events in the past 2 years.

5. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

Yes and doctor advice to rest her left leg at least 3 week.:eek::crying:

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

IR injured herself during training? Whatever, I think it's best for her to take a break, regather her thoughts, regroup, go back to the drawing board as Morten Frost said - the past six months, her confidence has taken a severe beating losing to LXR once, WYH twice, WSX twice, Bae JY once, Akane Y once. World ranking should be less of a concern for her at the moment.

If she didn't withdraw, in her quarter are Liu Xin, Yao Xue and Tai Tzu Ying, any of whom might spring a surprise on her in the state she's in. Imho, I feel that an ideal way to prepare for a major, in this case the Uber Cup in May, is to have sufficient quality training followed by a prior tournament to test and psyche oneself up, so I suppose she will play in the SIN Open at least. Maybe not, she needed three weeks' rest and then a couple of weeks minimum to get back into shape. Wish her speedy recovery.

7. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

RI was injured between Han Li match in AE,I wrote that in AE thread before even though she won over both Han Li and Michele Li. I suggested her to gave walkover to LXR in AE semi-final match but she wanted to play.
    So she does'nt escape some that player you mention to because she does'nt jump for 3 week so she can't play in India open.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If that's the case, I really don't know what to say. She's not being brave but foolhardy to carry on playing against Han Li, then Michelle Li before finally succumbing to LXR against whom even a fully fit player may not be her match let alone a (slightly) injured one. It's always unwise to win a battle but lose the war.

IR and her coaches, doctor, trainer and mentor should know and do what is the very best for her, injury prevention and not doing anything to risk aggravating it ought to be of utmost consideration and importance, the number one priority for any professional athletes, and what's more, a top-notch player. It'll be a great pity indeed for such a talented player to have her career cut short by injuries (I'm reminded of Wang Xin, Wang Lin).

Sincerely, I enjoy watching her play and long to see her back in top form. If I'm not mistaken, you've been telling us of her supposed injuries the past several months - this is a worrying situation, she has to take extreme caution and paramount care as she still has many good years ahead of her.

9. swunk

swunk Regular Member

that's not true, she had a heavy strapping on her calf from the first day of the AE. the strapping got more extensive while the tournament progressed. It was obvious she struggled against Han Li, expecially at the start of the second game and i was a bit surprised the chinese was unable to get the better of that.

10. swunk

swunk Regular Member

btw, have i missed out on something, why are they splitting YY/WXL ? after the AE title :confused:

11. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    There have been rumors recently about Yu Yang's impending retirement. Even if not, she will be 30 come next OG. CHN is setting up teams for the OG already.

As to why they are putting MJ with WXL, I have no idea. (Personally, playing ZYL with WXL would be a scary WD team, although it's understandable that ZYL is focusing on her XD)

12. swunk

swunk Regular Member

i was rather impressed with Ma Jin/Tang Yuanting combination at the AE, can't really see the point of splitting them...

13. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

14. swunk

swunk Regular Member

oops, sorry, my bad mate. There was no strapping in the match with Gu Juan, guess that was the one that did the damage.

[​IMG]

#54 swunk, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It was an experimental set-up to see which formation works best. Team CHN and KOR use this quite often (esp in WD for CHN).

You can see Ma Jin partnering with Tang Jinhua (WR7) and Bao Yixin partnering Zhong Qianxin before both pairs were "split" and now CHN has Tang partnering Bao (now WR3) since the last quarter of 2013. Likewise, Ou Dongni was partnering Tang Yuanting for a while (6 tourneys last year).

16. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I know I have been off radar of baddy world lately, but what happen to lethal Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong combo, and where is Kim Ki Jung as well ?
    I dunno whether I should be happy or not with their break ups cause Hendra/Ahsan havent been able to beat them in late 2013....

Military duty ? ;)

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Exactly 10 more months to go... :(

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...sanctions-Kim-Ki-Jung-Lee-Yong-Dae-for-1-year

18. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

OMG

I thought at first the sanction will be like Bodin Isara fight scene, but this is different story.

Well badminton fans surely gonna miss LYD action :eek:

Thx for the link visor

19. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Defending champion Ratchanok withdraws from India Open
    Reigning badminton World Champion Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand will not be defending her India Open Super Series women's singles title as she has withdrawn her entry.

The current World No.4 shuttler cited medical reasons for skipping the $250,000 event which will be underway from Tuesday at the Siri Fort Sports Complex.

"She sent a mail saying that she will not be playing due to medical reasons," tournament chief referee Isabelle Jobard of France said on Monday.

Ratchanok, seeded fourth, is the only withdrawal from women's singles.

But in the men's singles too some big names have withdrawn from the country's premier badminton event. They are Tommy Sugiarto of Indonesia, Japan's Kenichi Tago and Boonsak Ponsana of Thailand.

Source - The Times of India

20. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student

Attached Files: