is going shirtless going green?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by multiplayer, Jan 31, 2008.

1. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    even in an all girls club and everybody is open minded, i would still prefer to have a shirt on. mainly because i think it is impractical to play with no shirt. sweat everywhere make slippery courts make injury more common. :)

2. multiplayer

multiplayer New Member

The sources of sweat

Wearing a head band and wrist sweat bands are the optimal way of combating sweat on court. This is because it is your forehead and your arms that sweat most when you are playing racket sports. The wearing of a shirt will not stop your head and arms dispersing droplets onto the floor, especially in dynamic play with impact shots.

In contrast, your chest and back sweat less. You may think they sweat more because as shirt wearers you contain what sweat there is in the shirt and do not allow the sweat to evaporate naturally, harmlessly into the air.

I would be interested in the results of an experiment, especially among those forum members who believe that leaving off the shirt will create more sweat on the floor. Play one week, for an hour with a shirt and assess, between games off court, the amount of sweat you are able to flick onto the floor from your arms and head. Now try the next week with no shirt on. You may be surprised to see that the natural cooling effect means you sweat less and I doubt there will be sufficient sweat accumulating on your chest or back to be able to jump up and down to make some fall on the floor. Your head and arm sweat may also have reduced due to overall greater cooling. Report what you find back to the forum please.

I am planning a shirtless session tonight.

3. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

Student, Martial Arts Instructor
    I guess that not wearing a shirt during badminton goes against the unwritten rules of society... or perhaps it is stated somewhere....?

4. terror

terror Regular Member

u may catch a cold

5. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P
    Honestly it's not something that would bother me except the part about sweat dripping on the court all the time. Imagine the opposite player went to do a clear and a bit of sweat flew from their arm and somehow managed to find your eye :p:p