Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It made me speechless too.:D

2. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    maybe Dato will turn out to be Bananakid.Remember what happen?
    bananaboy-bananakid.Change e-mail/username.

Yeah..give mew choo a challenge and she will turn u upside down.

3. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    It is a relaxing agme.No heart attack.

Its not about whether or not Chong Wei will have the title.
    But with 21-0 or not?
    Actually,it is simon who made me speechless.

4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    If LCW beat SS 21-0, i will look down on LCW.:D:D

5. winnie

winnie Regular Member

haha im with u on this ;)

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Malay Mail

Badminton > Lee plans to do it his way

By Haresh Deol

17 June, 2008

WINNING the Singapore Open seems to mean nothing and he remains non-committal on his Olympic target. Top national shuttler Lee Chong Wei has come a long way to become the World No 2 and is the best bet to clinch the country’s first gold medal in the Beijing Olympics come August.

Yet, he was not overly enthusiastic when asked about his one-sided win over Indonesia’s Simon Santoso in the Singapore Open last weekend.

“It was nothing to shout about. I went there to get a taste of the ‘competitive feeling’ and that’s about it,” said Chong Wei, who turns 26 in October.

“I don’t feel anything (about winning the title despite being the first Malaysian to do so).” Chong Wei, with long time girlfriend Wong Mew Choo and veteran Wong Choong Hann have decided to skip the Indonesian and Thai Opens.
    I just want to enjoy training and hope for the best during the Olympics.
    “I really hope there will not be any untoward incidents especially injuries.” When asked if he was pressured by expectations of the BA of Malaysia and National Sports Council to clinch the gold, Chong Wei remained tight- lipped.

“There’s nothing to comment. I just want to do my best.” The Penangite has come a long way since his early days playing for the Bukit Jalil Sports School.

He was smashed out in the last 16 of the 2004 Olympics by China’s Chen Hong but has won four Malaysia Opens since and even thrashed World No 1 Lin Dan 21-12, 21-14 in the recent Thomas Cup.

Chong Wei is being realistic and doesn’t want expectations to weigh him down as the world’s top players are from China.
    Chong Wei knows his capabilities and only time will tell if he can deliver Malaysia’s first Olympic gold medal.

http://www.mmail.com.my/Current_News/mm/Tuesday/Sports/20080617110809/Article/pp_index_html

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

NST

17 June 2008

Badminton: Misbun: Focus now on Beijing

2008/06/17

IT'S back to training and psychological classes for Lee Chong Wei, the newly-crowned Aviva Singapore Open 2008 men's singles champion.

Between now and the Beijing Olympics in August, Chong Wei will have no tournaments to worry about and as the countdown to the world's biggest sporting event begins, the Malaysian ace has his sights firmly set on the gold medal in the China capital.

"Every athlete dreams of winning an Olympic gold medal. I'm no exception but it will be very difficult to predict the winner in Beijing. There are so many factors to take into consideration," said Chong Wei.

"Like your form, your preparation and how you deal with the situation at hand on match day."

But if the form guide is anything to go by, then it should be World No 1 Lin Dan of China against Chong Wei, who is ranked No 2, in the fight for glory.

"But don't forget, sometimes the favourites do not always win. There is always the tendency for a dark horse to emerge in a major tournament. Maybe we will see one in Beijing," cautioned Chong Wei.

Chong Wei will enjoy a couple of days break before he resumes training under Misbun Sidek.

"Things have gone well for me in the Singapore Open but there is still plenty of hard work ahead. I'm sure Misbun will put me through a tough training regime before we head for Beijing.

"In between the physical training, I will also be attending psychological classes to improve my mental strength, which I believe will be very important in my quest to do well in Beijing," Chong Wei said.

Misbun will certainly agree with that.

Misbun said: "I'm not saying Chong Wei is perfect now but I can see he is mentally prepared for any situation on court during matches. The way he played at the Singapore Open shows he does not fear any opponent.

"In training, I've always stressed to him that he must be prepared to accept changes in his training regime, no matter how taxing it is.

"He must be prepared to be moved away from the comfort zone and I am doing it," he said.

The performance of the doubles in Singapore has also provided the BA of Malaysia the confidence to look ahead to better days.

Zakry Latif-Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari's triumph is proof that the pair are on the way up.

A strong debut in the Thomas Cup in Jakarta last month and now their first ever Super Series triumph have the pair looking at this week's Indonesia Open.

"We are now being looked at differently by the rest but we are not worried. Our goal is to break into the top three by year-end," said Zakry.

And they are getting there. -- Bernama

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Tuesday/Sport/2269553/Article/pppull_index_html

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...to break into top 3???...i think this was posible...winning more title will do...maybe in IO they can win too...

9. winnie

winnie Regular Member

limsy, who u r referring to?

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    zakry says it in the news...

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

winnie, if u read the articles, u shud be able to know who limsy reffering to:D
    limsy was reffering to the fuzzy pair:)

Zakry Latif-Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari's triumph is proof that the pair are on the way up.

A strong debut in the Thomas Cup in Jakarta last month and now their first ever Super Series triumph have the pair looking at this week's Indonesia Open.

"We are now being looked at differently by the rest but we are not worried. Our goal is to break into the top three by year-end," said Zakry.

12. winnie

winnie Regular Member

hahaha i actually jz briefly read thru the articles! i think i missed that sentence! LOL

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

The psychology sessions are doing LCW wonders. The way he annihilated LD, PG, Santosa....must have been a product of the great psychology sssions.

I think I will have to seek a shrink too.:D

14. george@chongwei

santosa?
    santoso la X ball:p:D
    haha

15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The Singapore Open 2008 final display from him is one of the best. Executed with perfection. A complete player. Hopefully he can maintain it or raise his game towards the OG. Careful with injury. Many will be walking wounded when its coming close. KKK is already one walking wounded.

16. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    LCW sure will take care himself, somemore got WMC to take care of him also:D:D

17. george@chongwei

yeah, hope that he will very cautious of every thing.//:p

18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Dont forget LD also got XXF to take care of.....

19. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I will retired from BC forum.:(

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    aiya...dato...no need retired lar...we still need u...:p