Looking for a headlight racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by lemon0o, Jul 18, 2014.

1. lemon0o

lemon0o New Member

I'm an intermediate level player that plays doubles 3 times a week. I recently purchased a voltric80 but after using it for a month its definitely not the right racket for me. I have a lot of power and so foolishly decided on a racket that would amplify this but its slowed me down far too much. There are a couple options I have been looking at but would also love some new suggestions. I'm looking at the nanoray800, the nanoray600(as far as I can tell is this just a more forgiving racket?) arcsaber fb and arcsaber i slash. Would love it if anyone could give me more suggestions or have comparisons of those already mentioned. I'm an aggressive player with a strong smash and drive looking for more control and improved drop shots. Thanks for the help!

2. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

You might want to veer away from the arc fb if you're playing intermediate doubles :p
    arcsaber is really good for control, if that's what you're looking for. the nanoray would give you more control than a voltric80 but not as much as the arcsaber.

I hope this helps! perhaps arcsaber i-slash would go overboard on control if you're still looking for a strong smash. My friend liked the nr800 but i can't tell you much about the nr600.

3. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

NR800 is really head-light, you might not like it so much if you are a heavy smasher, however it is a fast racquet for quick exchanges in doubles. Having said that, Hendra.S used NR800 previously and his smashes were powerful. :) Have you tried NR900 (just released)?

4. rashdan

rashdan Regular Member

lecturer
    r8

maybe with his offensive style, nr800 might be the best choice. just like hendra setiawan.

5. harsono05

harsono05 Regular Member

i've rarely seen Setiawan did powerful smahs with nanoray. yes he has a powerful smash, but he did more powerful with his previous rackets. this may be because nowadays men double games more in quick play and drive not like 5-7 years ago when they play set and smash. (just my opinion) i use nanoray 800 and armortec. if u want headlight with power i would say yonex Ti-10. i had one, it is headlight and powerful but be aware of it stiffness.

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

if you indeed have a lot of power, then nanoray800 is the racket for you. even tho this racket is even balanced, the shaft is quite stiff and the stiffness is very noticeable. with your power, you wouldn't really need to worry about a stiff shaft. however, it will benefit you greatly with control because of the stiffness. if you can still generate a lot of power with this racket, then you've got the best of both worlds, power AND control!!!