Not put hope!

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by tbleong, Jan 31, 2007.

1. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

H!funny title right? , what i meant is not puting any hope to Malaysia Player esp-LCW and KKK/TBH, reall,see the LCW recently perfomence! i doubt he can do better at other SS,he has lost confidence, last year, he seem like same std with LD, since he lose to CJ,BCL,TH,LHI, and LD now can easily beat CJ and BCL, this means LCW really need to do something, if not he will be finish soon, no more other excuses pls! althought i am Malaysian, every touranment i hope they going to win or at lease to final, but once they lose, it really sad, so i dare not put any hope now!

2. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    wow, thats horrible why would you lose hope for ur own countries players? speically LCW, i still have some hope in him, only becuase i cant put my own hope in my country-men....consider your self lucky to have great players like them

3. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

u know why! more hope equal to more sad! i will support them, but not hope them to win. this way will feel more comfortable!

4. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    yes, probably ur rite... the more hope we mount on them, the bigger they will fall...
    which is as usual rite??? ;) :)

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The right way should be:

Support your players, hope that they win, but don't expect them to win all the time.

Place your hope, but lower your expectations. If you don't even hope that they win, how will they get motivated?

6. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

Ok, pro u r right! but like LCW, i hope him every time at least QF,fianl, then what is the result? like you say, not win every taurament, but he not won any taurament!! right?

7. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    the more we have high HOPES on them, the more we will get DISAPPOINTED and thus the more they wil get BASHING from us!!! :mad::mad::mad:

8. ixory

ixory Regular Member

It hard to say ,either to put hope or not,but half of my head still hope they can bring back something but what can i do now is pray,pray and pray.. so that they dun do what they had done before.Put us high on the skies and then make us crash hard on the ground.:rolleyes: :cool:

9. tjl_vanguard

Student
    high hopes on them and bring back nth... when we don hope for anything they always bring somethnig back for us.... tats how malaysian badminton is nowadays i guess... only once or twice they live up to expectations.. once or twice isn't enough to remain as a superpower in international arena.. they better wake up.... :D but i must say so far MS has been very disappointing.. while MD has much more to offer.. but to win TC, at least one singles must win to win the tie.... plus i would guarantee that our MD might not deliver at critical points cuz they are too pressured.. Msians can't handle pressure as well as Ina and Chn... :)

10. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

if we NOT PUT HOPE to them, and they acidently bring back something! we feel extra. so it is good???

11. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    everytime when we hope n expect something from some players, they bring us hell and disappoinments..... so should we put our hopes on CHI then? then mayb MAS players can win.

I duno wat's lacking for the MAS MS team
    they have the government support.....
    they have world class coach........
    they have the best facilities.....
    they have our support and some bashes from us supporters:D:D:D:D....

wat else do they need???? i think MAS just dont have enough talented players, i mean why the heck is KBH still in the MS team if we have other better players around? and those with talents dun bother to train hard enough (this is for u hafiz)........those with talents that couple with solid phyical fitness.....just happen to love to lose lately (LCW). what else can we, supporters from BC hope for???:crying::crying::crying::crying:

12. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    lol maybe Li Mao is just not the ideal teacher/leader

13. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    Li Mao alr gone to korea coaching...
    no point to say tat Li Mao is not a ideal teacher...
    maybe our single players facing difficulties for the leaving of Li Mao...
    if there is no a good coach for men singles...
    how will our player grown stronger???
    tat's why we should not put hope on men singles...
    juz hafiz will be better i think...
    caz feeling happy to have a better coach now...
    his confidence will be growing higher...
    as i saw the match between him & chen jin...
    juz unforced error tat stop him winning...
    so maybe hafiz can bring back his all england title...
    hopefully...

14. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

i agree w u hcyong
    we should continue 2 support our players
    just tat x expect them 2 win everytime
    no1 wins everytime
    put a reasonable hope on them will do
    hmm i think MAS players still lack mental strength

15. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

I DUNT THINK HAFIZ WILL GIVE US SUPPRISE! MAY BE LCW----(see, hope again)...??? noooo! maybe KBH>>>>

16. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    after come thinking, I think we shouldnt be so harsh on LCW, he has lost his confidence, and also his much fighting spirit, in my opinion he needs to have some intensity in him. After all he is humble and quiet

17. tjl_vanguard

Student
    i would really hope to see a surprise from hafiz... i just want to see the same performance we saw when he won the AE 2003.... i watched that match... his defense was great and everything worked well for him... thats wad we want to see but he is just tooooooooooooo inconsistent... really makes us out of our mind sometimes... but tbleong, the real surprise i would really love to see is not from LCW nor Hafiz nor KBH... but it is our junior backup project 2010-2012 squad... it will be good start if they start to achieve something now..... i wish they could.. haihz...

18. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

agreed. It is about time BAM should look at some of the juniors and expose them so that we are not over relying on LCW. Even if the young players are unable to be perform well in such a big tournament, it will be good exposure for them and they will learn from it.

It is the same for women. We only have Wong Mew Choo in the single and Er Hui, Pei Tye in the doubles.

19. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

ya i agree
    d juniors need more exposure since they r still far behind than d seniors esp in men n women singles n women doubles where there is much pressure due 2 lack of quality players there.
    if d juniors can improve their games 2 another level, there will not be so much burden 4 seniors with their help in tournaments.
    look at china.
    they hav so many pairs n players in d top ten in all events.
    so there is less pressure n when d top players fail, there is still chance on the other players.
    julia wong is doing very well n should be promoted quick.
    y wait somemore when she is alreay in d top 20.
    same goes 2 lydia cheah though she is still young but begin 2 expose her 2 international tourney at a young age will be good.
    d men singles juniors r improving but i still can c any good women doubles except 4 eei hui n pei tty n lim/joanne quay.
    BAM should really do sth 2 improve them
    only then we can dream of winning AE n others