Super Dan wins Gold / beginning of the end

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by pralinescream, Nov 21, 2010.

1. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

as the final piece of his trophy cabinet is complete and the legend of Greatest Badminton Player of All Time is in the final pages, it is de beginning of the end of Super Dan's dominance.
    with nothing significant until de 2012 london olympics, lin dan will juz let chen jin and de china juniors to continue conquering de world.
    maybe Super Dan will come out once in a while simply for the benefit of his overseas frens.
    chinese domestic badminton standard is already higher den what de world can offer.

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Just wondering if Lin Dan will turn to coaching although I don't think that he will. He has achieved everything that he has achieved as a player, so I was just wondering if he wants to stamp a mark on the coaching scene too. Lin Dan has earned my highest degree of respect.

3. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

he is too valuable to badminton not to impart his tremendous experience, knowledge and winning mentality to the next generation. for sure he will also be legendary coach, someone like tang hsien-hu and li yongbo.

4. wisdomcivet

wisdomcivet Regular Member

student
    But hopefully he has more manner than that Li Yong Bo lolzz

5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

May be LD will follow suit of David Beckham... to launch a series of products... with 1.3billion people market, he is sure to reap big bucks...

6. policecop

policecop Regular Member

I'd like to see him defend his Olympic title, but I think he'll struggle to stay motivated for the next 2 years and may just call it a day and hand over the reigns to Chen Jin/Chen Long. Greatest Of All time though, without a doubt.

7. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    I doubt LD will call it a day just yet. The Chinese has this "team" mentality that China still need him to fend off LCW challenges for major titles for the next 2 years. As seen in the AG, China's next-in-line men single, CJ is still not LCW's match and the 3rd/ 4th single CL/WZM, although have the talents and the potentials, are still too raw, inexperience & inconsistence when playing top class players like LCW, TH, & PG. As LD is younger than LCW by 1 year, I guess LD can afford to "retire" only after LCW hangs up his racket, given their current physical states prevail.

8. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

Totally agree with you, prolinescream

And congratulation to Super Dan!

I guess we can now call Lin Dan the greatest badminton player of all time

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..as mentioned and discussed numerous times before, LD will probably be focused more for the team events in the foreseeable future (defending the Sudirman Cup (2011) and the TC(2012))..But should the coaches want him to qualify for the 2012 OG (a country with 3 players in the top 4 Singles WR will be able to send 3 players), he'll need to participate and do well (not necessarily means he'll win) in a lot of the tournaments starting in May of 2011 til end of April of 2012..We shall see what happens starting next May..:cool:

#9 ctjcad, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes, lin dan has collected almost all the titles there is to win

but for olympic 12, you think he can just choose and play again?

you should surf for the new ruling on olympic qualification released a couple of months ago.

to qualify for olympic 12 is not that simple.

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The next challenge is to see who retire first. ;)