Withdrawal list of WC 2009

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by suetyan, Jul 29, 2009.

1. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Off topic...

... I only read "The Star" and "China Press" :D Let's come back to the topic, with the withdrawal of MK/HS, badminton supporters will be sad but badminton players will be happy.

2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

I dont believe any professional players will be 'happy' that their fellow players are unable to complete in one of the most important tournament due to injury. even that leave them with a better chance to win, i'm sure they rather play with the best, win or lose.

3. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

maybe they are hiding their 'happy' in their heart, they won't let us know about that :D:p

4. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

KIDO/HENDRA ABSENT FROM THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS/ p* z2 p" K! x! o+ A: b
    , g6 G- s! m: P( c
    Tuesday, 4 August 20092 ^, T# K) y" p d

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The Men's Doubles World No 1 Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan are now certain of not defending their title at the World Championships in Hyderabad, India, from 10-16 August.

This confirmation was provided by the Media & Communications Manager of the Badminton World Federation (BWF) Selvaamresh Supramaniam through short messaging service, on Tuesday night.
    e9 ^4 H4 p* t* Y, |
    It confirmed the matter after the organizers received a letter from the General Manager of the All-Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) regarding the withdrawal of the Olympic champions.
    u
    Rumours of the possibility of the pair of Kido/Hendra being out of the World Championships had already circulated in these last few days before the tournament, however until now the GM of PBSI had not provided official confirmation.:

The absence of Kido/Hendra, according to Selvaam, will provide a WO (walkover) victory to their opponents in the 2nd round, Hu Chung Shien/Tsai Chia Hsin
    from Taiwan since both pairts have received byes in the 1st round
    "There will be no replacement (for them) WO" said Selvam.( a" I- @$ W( l+ z

"There will be no replacement (for them) WO" said Selvam.( a" I- @$ W( l+ z
    _5 G! S. F8 |3 [5 \' x) q
    With that, Indonesia will be banking on their seventh ranked pair of Bona Septano/Mohammad Ahsan and the 11th ranked Rian Sukmawan/Yanatan Suryatama in the men's doubles event.& d' @#

Other than them, Indonesia is sending the mixed doubles defending champions Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir, men's singles runnerup Sony Dwi Kuncoro, champion of 2005 Taufik Hidayat, together with Simon Santoso, Maria Kristin, Adriyanti Firdasari, Greysia Polii/Nitya Krishinda, Shendy Puspa Irawati/Meiliana Jauhari and Devin Lahadri/Lita Nurlita

5. Chibot

Chibot Regular Member

This is a shocking and sad news :(.I just heard this info from local TV, they said Kido got sick because of food. One possibly gold medal just fly away :crying:

6. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

food? food poisoning case again? :confused:

7. tjiang2

tjiang2 Regular Member

8. ashdorado

ashdorado Regular Member

Events & activities Admin
    wow...thats a sad news...i was looking forward to their match. they are a good pairing.

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Unstable Blood pressure cause Markis Kido to pull out from WC 09................sigh...

Hope he will be OK by next tournament...........best wishes...!

10. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

food always causes problems to the players, previously was LCW, now it's MK's turn :(

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, seafood that caused Markis Kido was hospitalized two weeks ago (22-26 July 2009)...I have posted the article at News/Articles on WC 2009 thread.

12. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

even without the withdrawals, there are still not full draw for competitions except MS (there are still bye in the first round for WS, WD, MD and XD)... this is really a waste as for such as top competition, BWF should endeavour to achieve a full draw so that everyone should play the same number of rounds if like to obtain the champion.

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

owh!..this is very sad indeed.
    wish he could recover as soon as possible.
    the chances for mas, china and korean pair to begs to md title are brighter a bit now..lol;)

14. Chibot

Chibot Regular Member

Well, indonesian folks... lets look at the bright side about Kido/Hendra withdrawal, maybe this is time for young pairs Bona/Ahsan to rise up in this tournament. I hope they can reach to SF.

15. ray_mond

ray_mond Regular Member

does anyone know why about half the canadian team has withdrawn? take a look at ms and ws.. and anna rice was telling everyone how she was ready for the challenge in india.. sigh.. i was hoping to see her do well again..

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Most likely..^^

..as far as i know, one of the reasons could be the Canadian team is still in need of funding. Even some of the Canadian pairs were planning to hold a mini Doubles tourney soon, where they plan to invite Tony G. & Howard to do some exhibition matches, in order for them to raise some money/fund. I don't know the success/how much $$ they were able to raise from that tourney.

As for Anna Rice, the last time i heard (during the recent U.S. Open), she mentioned that she was planning to attend the World Championships. But don't know what happened to her plan.:confused:

17. badwoman

badwoman New Member

Canadian competitors have to pay their own way.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Very sad about Kido/Hendra's withdrawal. Was looking forward to the doubles event.

19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Without Kido/Setiawan, practically INA will depend on Nova/Liliyana to bag title in Hyderabad. Best luck for INA team, they leave Jakarta today.

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member