World Cup 2006:Day 2

Discussion in 'World Cup 2006' started by cao ci dan, Oct 24, 2006.

1. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Depend on the draw later. But I quess it will take lots of effort to win a bronze for Indonesia WD in Asian games. Gold and silver will go to Chinese pair. The bronze probably will go to Taiwan pair. After them Malaysia girls had hope to win the bronze. After that Indonesia, Thailand and Japanese pairs.

2. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

And if Lee Hyo Jung healthy again before Asian games, there will be no need to fought for the bronze for other Asian pairs cause the Korean pairs Lee/Lee at least will win bronze or better.

3. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

@sickgal, Julia Wong lost.

@peter_ned. If 3 singles had a record 1 WIN 1 LOST in a group standings, usually first they will compare who win in straight sets or rubber sets. The person who win in straight sets will move to next round.

If all two or three win in staright sets, it will be looked upon their amount scores/points from all matches that already been played. Who had the highest scores will move to next round.

I hope I am not wrong. :D

4. Peter_ned

Peter_ned Regular Member

Here is the correct awnser by BWF laws.

16.1 Ranking will be established by the number of matches won.

16.2 If two players/pairs have won the same number of matches, the winner of the match between them will be ranked higher.

16.3 If three or more players/pairs have won the same number of matches, ranking will be established by the difference between total games won and total games lost, with greater difference ranked higher.

16.3.1 If this still leaves two players/pairs equal, the winner of the match between them will be ranked higher.

16.4 If three or more players/pairs have won the same number of matches and are equal in the difference between total games won and total games lost, ranking will be established by the difference between total points won and total points lost, with greater difference ranked higher.

16.4.1 If this still leaves two players/pairs equal, the winner of the match between them will be ranked higher.

16.4.2 If three or more players/pairs are still equal, then ranking will be established by drawing lots.

5. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    thanks for the update! :D :D :D jia you! :D are they playing Kido/Seitawan tomorrow? :confused: :)

6. blessing

blessing Regular Member

hey..where u guys go n watch da live?? tv or internet?? if its on internet..can gif me da website??? such a pity lcw not playin in World cup.. by da way.. y MAS single n doubles veterans r not competin in WORLDc..?? expecially kkk.. chen yu beat bao..?? fairuzizuan n woon fui beat luluk n yulianto???? Eric pang beat chen hong??? unbelievable~!!!

7. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    anyway a random question.. anyone know how old is Yeoh Kay Bin?

8. xijiayu

xijiayu Regular Member

MT/ LWF look to have a better chance to qualify for AG after the unexpected victory over more experienced Indo pair.

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

In skiing, the circuit where they race week in and week out is called the World Cup. Every couple of years (I think), they hold a World Championship. Confused??:confused: Don't feel bad for the IBF (or whatever they're called now), other sports are using the World Cup/World Championship combo too.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

From the yumaquio.net website...

Widianto nova/Natsir lilyana INA 21 0 0
    He hanbin/Yu yang CHN 9 GIVE IT UP

I guess GIVE IT UP translates into WALKOVER :p :p