Yonex SHB 95

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Jeff, Jun 2, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Guest

i was wondering if anyone knows of an online site that ships to the US that carrys this model. Or a hong kong store around kowloon or other areas that i can find this.

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    No readily available stock so far in Hong Kong, unlikely to have in future as well because of the high price (above HK$1,000). In other words, you probably need to order it before it is shipped from Japan.

3. We have SHB95 Low and other new model such as SHB65.., you can fax me your model , size which you want to order. By the way , we have new version Mizuno badminton shoes in our shop . Wellcome you to visit us, you will find many different racket, racket bag, string, grip, shoes,etc..which you cannot find these in other place in Hong Kong.

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    When you search this forum for the keyword "Luxis", you will know how much marketing I've done to your shop. :)

Btw, I agree that Luxis is one the best place to buy badminton stuffs in HK. Besides reasonable price and wide variety of products, I think customer service is excellent. When an enthusiastic people like me buys something, I always want to have someone to discuss and explain to me the pros and cons for different models, or share some prior experience. This is something most other shops cannot offer.

5. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    And to sweeten the deal, why not have a website? =)

6. modious

modious Regular Member

Is there any pictures of this shoe?

7. Jeff

Jeff Guest

http://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/index.html

its mostly in japanese, but most of the stuff is in english. You can find pictures there

8. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Do you ship to the US? If not, I could work something out with my family down there.

9. modious

modious Regular Member

Is it the Power Cushion 95?
    Can't seem to find any SHB 95 there.

10. Arnold

Arnold Guest

Re: Yonex SHB 95 Low

SHB 95 Low in Japan HK$875.00

11. We can ship to you or you can pick up by your family in our shop. But it is better to take out personally because you shall not pay the postage fee. If you have interest on it, you can give me your size and model (Yonex SHB 95 low / mid). We will sent you details price and give you a good after-sales service.

12. modious

modious Regular Member

Hey, I'm living in Singapore.
    Can it be shipped to here and how much will it cost?
    The SHB 95 mid I mean.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    luxis, can u give a little better pricing for international orders? We have to incurr shipping costs plus that we would be likely not requesting any after-sales service (from across the ocean).

14. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    We don't get too much after sales service here (in HK) as well. In fact, unlike US (and probably Canada), the idea of "after sales service" is not that popular in HK. For example, money back return with 30 days ? replacement of a broken racquet (especially for parallel imported version such as those from Taiwan) ? I never thought about these before.

15. modious

modious Regular Member

btw

My size is --> Europe: 43, USA: 9.5, Japan: 27.5
    Just in case it can really be shipped over. :)

16. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Say what you will about Americans, but most of our retailers give quite good, customer friendly service (just stay away from mail order camera stores - most of them are run by thieves). It's nice to have supermarkets open 24 hours a day, fast food restaurants open until 2 a.m., many stores that give you a no-questions-asked refund if you have your receipt and the item is in new condition, etc.... Outside of large cities on either coast, most Americans are quite friendly, especially in the Midwest. Ricky, have you visited the States before?

Based on several visits to Canada, I expect our northern neighbor is the same way, except possibly for Quebec. I had a five day trip to Quebec City in the winter of 1984 and encountered as many rude shop clerks, waiters, etc..., there as I had in four trips to France. In France, quite a few French weren't eager to help an English speaker, but usually were friendly if I gave it a try in French. In contrast, I found at least a half dozen Quebecois mocking my (then fairly reasonable) French and/or pretending they couldn't understand me.

I can segue this experience to badminton, though. My hotel did have membership privileges with an indoor racquet club in downtown Quebec that was mostly a badminton club and I played with a friend's drunk dad who was insisting on playing in those old big furry apres-ski boots that were popular in the early 1980's. He further insisted on betting me $5/point and I beat him something like 15-3, but since he had just bought me, his son and two other friends a $700 (US) dinner (best meal I've ever eaten) including lots of superb bordeaux, I declined to collect on it.

17. modious

modious Regular Member

I am not joking.

18. Jeff

Jeff Guest

email Luxis, you will get a response

19. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I haven't been there before, but I heard from various people that customer service is better emphasised in US. I think part of the reason is cultural differences. There are friendly people in HK as well (such as Luxis Sportnet), but you can't expect something like "money back guarantee".

20. Tony

Tony Guest