2011 French Open SS: Semi-Finals Sat 29-October

Discussion in 'French Open / Bitburger Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Oct 28, 2011.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

didn't LD took a game off LCW twice in a match quite a few times recently?

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

CL yesterday didn't play with the same intensity,sharpness,accuracy and ferocity as in the two previous matches against CW,plus he made more mistakes and CW had a few lucky breaks - it could have been 2-0 to CL. Only in G3 that CW won, and I'm sure in his heart he knew it. Again,just my two-cents worth,we can agree to disagree. Both CL and CW are great players,but time is definitely on CL's side,the more so when CW AND LD will be retiring in one two years time;by then I hope to see other players emerge to challenge CL to keep the badminton world entertained,excited and very much alive.

IF not,would you and I as well as other BCers bother to exchange our views,support and argue with each other?

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes,Cobalt from Arrakis,the fun guy,the poet,the jovial and humorous,the imaginative and creative one,the court jester(hoped you don't mind this one)...[I've run out of accolades,my mind isn't as fertile as yours]:);):D:rolleyes::p:cool:

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It s not forte. It s called rote training. Like how some students try to ace their exams. Spot questions, concentrate all efforts on those, the questions come out, they ace, other questions come out, they flunk. Kevin Cordon was one question that CL did not prepare for. But not bad actually,CL just barely flunked. Some questions are very tricky, like Tago. He has no clear pattern of play yet. Tago s syllabus is infinite so it s not efficient preparing for it. Just have to hope Tago s slow start lasts for 1.5 games. LCW s question s only scary when he takes the trouble to tweak his syllabus 20% throughout a match.That s enough to cause havoc and panic to a rote-trained mind.

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

But you are always so good at imagining what could be going through LCW s mind. So how about imagining what s going through CL s mind in G3? Why was CL less intense, sharp, accurate, ferocious? What happen to his mental strength? Why did he run out of ideas? Why did CL panic? Tell us, mind expert, describe it all what you think went through CL s mind.

6. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Tomatoes & Tomartoes

Different ways of putting it into the same conclusion. :D

There are tomatoes and there are tomartoes.

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

MS isnt the only match in a tourney. There's always MD,XD, WS, WD. Personally, I prefer to watch MD, XD over singles

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

So, you're suggesting Liew Daren was a 'test run'? :D Then BAM should send Darren et al out more, to test2

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Ah...... That's because these events can be won by different countries. :):):)

In WS and WD, it's usually CHN-vs-CHN. And with some match-fixing/acting, we find some matches giving us strange/funny results.

In MS, fortunately we have LCW, PG and TH, otherwise with just CL, LD and CJ, MS will be another event not worth following too. :p:p:p

Many of my Badminton friends don't even follow tournaments; Just because there is so much match-fixing/acting going on. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

It looks like Liew Daren is Malaysia's No.2 MS player currently.

If BAM will not be sending him out to participate in more tournaments, it should be best for him to go independent too and leave BAM. ;););)

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Just found your post.:D:D:D

Not to worry, Chen Long could defeat LCW in their next match.
    :):):)

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You are right. CL s forte is in rote training.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Don't be surprised that CL will defeat LCW in their next match (after CHN examined why LCW won in their previous match). :D:D:D

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I agree with you. CHN coaches know LCW is their stumbling block to OLY gold, and expect CL to be in LCW half. They have put their collective mind to train CL to play LCW. Therefore, the more CL play LCW the better, it is not about winning SS, but using SS as a sparring session to try different tactics against LCW. If CHN has a choice, they would skip half the SS. And if LC can beat LCW at SF, so much the better than rely on a must win by LD at final. The way LD is playing now, who knows he may not even get to the final.

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LCW should look forward to playing CL so that he will know in how many ways CL can defeat him (preferably with CL gifted a walkover). In fact LCW should even risk losing to CL by not trying anything new on him to rote train. That way, CL will be given the wrong LCW syllabus for OG12.

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

As from 20-Oct-2011, CL is ranked World No.2. CL is now China's No.1 player.

From now onward, if ever LCW and CL are to face each other at tournaments, it would be at Finals Day.

I don't think LCW would like to lose any Finals matches. ;););)

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Do you think CL would or for that matter, anyone?

18. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Blessing in Disguise

Many see CL defeating LCW as a sign of LCW on the decline due to age and psychological block. But i see it as good quality training for LCW to put him back on track while fine tuning his game here and there. The recent exacted revenge by defeating CL is proof that LCW can overcome mental block. CL's similarity of strokes and game plan to LD is also free training for LCW as the true LD training form is very hard to come by for LCW.

19. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Many see that CL's recent triumph over LCW is also a sign for LD to buck up and start playing seriously, otherwise he has CL to deal with also. But I don't think LD is slowing down or deteriorating as he is just following orders from LYB. The advantage for him now, is for you guys and LCW to be fooled into thinking that he is slowing down and pose less of a threat while he is actually preparing himself to shock you again! LD lives and thrives on suprising us in awe of him which is when he can take off his shirt again while your jaw drops open in awe for him! That is his character. He does not care about winning of tournaments consistently like LCW.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I didn't watch this Semi-Finals match between KT and LD.

What I like to know is - Was there an announcement when the match stopped; explaining why LD needed to retire when leading Game 2 at 18-15?