Asian Badminton Championships: Quarter-Final (31/03)

Discussion in 'Asian Badminton Championship 2006' started by badMania, Mar 30, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES

Lee Chong Wei vs Poompat Sapkulchananart -- the Thai might suprise yet again

Park Sung Hwan vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro -- another candidate for match of the round. Tough test for Sony and I hope he can win.

Chen Yu vs Jang Young Soo -- shouldn't be a problem for the Chinese.

Boonsak Ponsana vs Simon Santoso (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- Simon's confidence must be pretty high after beating Hafiz out. Can he reach his first semi-final in a major event by beating Boonsak tomorrow? I hope so, but my money is on Boonsak.

MEN'S DOUBLES

Candra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto vs Hoon Thien How/Tan Boon Heong -- the young Malaysian pair is no easy opponent. Candra/Sigit will have to be at their best.

Shen Ye/He Hanbin vs Hwang Ji Man/Jung Tae Kuk -- the more experienced Korean pair should win.

Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- expect a thrilling and explosive match. The younger Indonesian pair might yet again win if they play the right strategy from the very beginning

Gan Teik Chai/Abdul Latif Mohd Zakry vs Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto -- a close candidate for match of the round. Can Luluk/Alvent have their revenge after losing in the AE quarter-final 2 mths ago? On paper, they should prevail!

WOMEN'S SINGLES

Wang Chen vs Eriko Hirose (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- a tricky tie for Wang, but she should prevail.

Lee Yun Hwa vs Jiang Yanjiao -- the Chinese youngster should win.

Trupti Murgunde vs Chen Li -- I will be really amazed if the Indian player could win again.

Seo Yoon Hee vs Kaori Mori -- the Jap has a slight edge.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES

Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui vs Lim Pek Siah/Joanne Quay Swee Ling -- the no 1 seed should not face any problem.

Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing vs Zhao Yunlei/Cheng Shu -- a tricky tie for the Chinese Taipei pair...but they should prevail.

Pan Pan/Tian Qing vs Saralee Thungthongkam/Sathinee Jankrajangwong -- Pan/Tian could sneak a win here....but I am still picking Saralee/Sathinee to win.

Du Jing/Yu Yang vs Jiang Yanmei/Li Yujia (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- I hope the Singaporean could win...but Du/Yu should be more superior.

MIXED DOUBLES

Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir vs Gan Teik Chai/Fong Chew Yen -- shouldn't be a problem for the world champion.

Keita Masuda/Tomomi Matsuda vs Zhang Wei/Yu Yang -- the Jap is more experienced, but I put my money on the Chinese pair.

Muhammad Rizal/Endang Nur Sugiantivs Hendri Kurniawan Saputra/Li Yujia -- a tough match and in terms of ranking, the Singaporean is more superior. Hope the Indo pair can win though..

Anggun Nugroho/Yunita Tetty vs Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thungthongkam (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- Anggun/Yunita have beaten them in the SEA Games individual event semi-final. An interesting match tomorrow and the Thai has a slight edge despite them still not being in their top form yet.

2. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    Very good analysis.
    I tend to agree with all your predictions, except Chong/Lee to win and the korean no 1 (Seo) to beat the japanese no 2 (Mori)
    I won't be surprised if there are three chinese pairs in the ladies doubles.

3. dugz86

dugz86 Regular Member

i agree with bad mania coz kido and hendra didnt play on 1/16. they will fit for tommorow.

4. tun3r84

tun3r84 New Member

Schedule ?

May i know for quater final matches rite ? when it start ? as usual at 9am ? cun manage 2 check from internet even... website like crab !!

5. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

hey BadMania, can you help us to find out if there is any possibility for taufik to play 2nd single in thomas cup... let's say if sony win this tournament, is that possible if his rank jump into some where above taufik?

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Its highly unlikely.

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    No way Sony is going to outrank Taufik, he's too far ahead.

I hope Taufik will make the TC finals, we need colourful players like him, even if it means Malaysia's chances to beat Indons (should they meet) is reduced. All his peers (Lin Dan, LCW, Hyun-il and Gade) will be on their toes.

8. asriwn

asriwn Regular Member

Desa Paya Mengkuang, Gelang Patah,Johor, Malaysia

Quarter final match start at 6.30pm because I look at the schedule in the stadium Bandaraya Johor Bahru(place of the event). Are you want to watching it live at the stadium?

9. alloh

alloh Regular Member

Any TV live in Malaysia?
    Poor Astro.... no live for this ABC.
    WTF ... pay monthy to Astro but always no live for Malaysia 1st sport.
    But a lot of those boring sports, such as golf (boring for me).

10. terry

terry Regular Member

I agree with you...golf is boring!.

And Astro! very poor one!:mad:

11. tun3r84

tun3r84 New Member

yupe ! currently studying in JB... tan Q n i just realise after look at newspaper this morning... regarding sunday final ticket, cn we buy nw ? don feel like turn down 2 JB early n queue up 4 da ticket...

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi asriwn

Thanks for the info. I intend to watch the ABC (semis) tomorrow and maybe Sunday too. Can you tell me schedule or what time is the first match and whether the Finals will start in the afternoon instead of 6.30 pm like today's QF. They also call the Stadium "City Stadium" at Terbau Road or Jalan Ternbau?

Thanks for your help. :p

13. asriwn

asriwn Regular Member

Desa Paya Mengkuang, Gelang Patah,Johor, Malaysia

semi final and final will start at 2.00pm until 6.00pm.the ticket cost are RM20 for SF and RM30 for Final.The stadium are near the hockey stadium.

14. JBKokKeong

JBKokKeong Regular Member

Live

Starhub Cable TV will be showing it live on Ch 22 at 2pm for the Semi and the Finals. So please catch it if you guys can!! I will be watching live at Stadium Banderaya!

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you for your prompt response, asriwn and JBKokKeong! :)

16. qwertyu

qwertyu Regular Member

any update on the QF please?

17. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    too bad, reiko and kumiko are out. tot of seeing them playing tomorrow
    hope they'll be going to the stadium tomorow!

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Both Nova/Butet and Zhang Wei/Yu Yang have won their respective matches pretty comfortably, They will meet each other tomorrow. Technically, Nova/Butet is more superior, but you can't discount any mixed Chinese pair. And unfortunately, Nova/Butet does not have a good record against Chinese pair :cool:

The CG bronze-medallist, Saputra/Li has also beaten Rizal/Endang in 2 sets: 21-11, 28-26. They will face off against either Sudket/Saralee or Anggun/Yunita.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Sudket/Saralee has beaten Anggun/Yunita in 3 sets: 13-21, 21-18, 21-11

MIXED DOUBLES SEMI-FINAL
    Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir vs Zhang Wei/Yu Yang -- a tricky tie for the world champion...but they are far too experienced to lose.
    Hendri Saputra Kurniawan/Li Yujia vs Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thungthongkam (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- Sudket/Saralee should prevail against the the CG bronze medallist. Hopefully both my favorite pairs will meet in the final :D That should set up yet another thrilling final.

20. snowflake

snowflake Regular Member

any other latest result???
    eager to know about that.....