Chen Jin should have been denied already to play London 2012

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by 2cents, Oct 27, 2011.

1. zerosum88

zerosum88 Regular Member

I feel sorry for Chen Jin

He has trained hard. Yeah, do not tell me that all Chinese do not need training.
    Olympic is every player's dream.
    Chen Jin can not go to Olympic just because he is Chinese, even though he is world #5? Actually Chen Jin beat Gade 5 times in a row. Chen Jin is probably the #4.

How unfair!!!

No wonder LYB wants to fix some games. I used to dislike LYB, but now I totally understand him. LYB is fighting against unfairness towards Chinese players.

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I do feel somewhat sorry for Chen Jin too. He has a rather style of play that's not easy on the eyes and so fans don't pay much attention to him. Further, he has been forced to be a foot soldier for LD and now CL.

But LYB will forever remain the villain. He's been perpetrating "match-fixing" since who knows when, so the Olympics is just another convenient excuse for him.

3. sen

sen Regular Member

If Chen Jin in the Olympic and then LYB orders "match - fixing", say in the semi final of Olympic in order to keep a player fresh in the final to fight LCW, would you say it is unfair or it is fair.

I do agree that world rank 5 not given the chance to to qualify is not fair. World rank 4 may not even get a chance to qualify but I do not think it is ok to match fix in order to qualify.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    its not fair for chen jin not to qualify

but

it is not fair to the whole ms department in og 2012 if chen jin qualified
    which lyb will fix here and there

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I think CJ should be allowed to compete based on his ranking. If I were CJ I would feel unfairly treated. Is it his fault to be borne CHN? He is a badminton player.
    But his ranking should be earned by himself, meaning if team mates meet each other during competitions, they should go all out to defeat each other, not through manipulations. That's what making many people disgruntled.

#125 nokh88, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I believe in 1996, same thing with INA..we had many MS in top 10 as well as MD but few were allowed to participate..please dont whine about unfairness like BWF does to Chinese..the rules are set up by Olympic...again INA had that problem also...
    Again...dont talk about BS unfairness then USA or AUs will complain about their swimming...Jamaica/Kenya/USA also on Tracks...Even Tennis has same problem....only the narrow minded thinks unfairness..it is OLYMPIC...dont blame on BWF..
    Cuba will have their bunch of boxers...Kenya will have 6 or 8 top ten in long running distance...at least badminton can have 3 players from same countries...swimming and others can have 2 maximum....

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Swimming?? baah, they have like 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100,110,120,130,140,150,160,18,190,200 meters disciplines and then variants with different strokes and rules so that everybody can get a medal :D Or aq good swimmer can get like 8 gold in the las olympics.. it is really quite ridicilous with all "variations" of length and swining-style..

I can get it that there are sprint and long distance freestyle (to figure out who can swim the fastest).. but breaststroke and butterfly.. thats kind of insane.. itslike speedwalking.. Just get rid of these sports..!!

They are like a competion in who can whisper the loudest!!

8. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

they only changed the rules to prevent chinese from winning like how they changed table tennis rules, even ball size and racket lol.

9. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    It doesn't make sense to compare badminton with tennis or other games. BWF grant Olympics the biggest ranking points while tennis never count Olympics. The main issue with BWF is not just how many people from the same country to play, the problem is BWF should count ranking points from the open tournaments only. The revenue generation for BWF is wrong. BWF fails to commercialize / industrialize the open tournaments, so BWF depends on Olympics, World Championship, Thomas cup, Uber cup, Sudirman cup to grab money. That's the wrong business model since it's against the trend.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    since world championship is not a open event,so does ssmf and team event
    this mean bwf shouldn't award ranking points too?
    lol
    from not fair to chen jin ,bla bla bla,then suddenly become bwf wrong in management?that is off topic from this thread,thanks

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Judo (Each nation can qualify one athlete per event)

We must not forget to mention Judo (Each nation can qualify one athlete per event).

There are 14 judo medals available at London 2012, involving seven weight categories for both men and women. Each nation can qualify one athlete per event.

Qualifying in judo is based almost entirely on the world ranking list prepared by governing body the IJF on 1 May 2012.

For each men's event, the top 22 athletes in the rankings (abiding by the one-per-country rule) all directly qualify for the Olympics. For the women, that number is 14 athletes.

If a nation has more than one judo player - or judoka - in the top 22 or 14 depending on gender, that nation must select the judoka it wishes to qualify. The other(s) are excluded and the search goes on until 22 (or 14) different countries are represented.

To understand more, have a read of this link;
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/judo/8855623.stm

#131 chris-ccc, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yet another misleading post

Please read these:
    The Olympic tennis events are run and organised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the International Tennis Federation (ITF), and will be part of the Association of Tennis Professionals and Women's Tennis Association’s tours.

The points distribution for the Association of Tennis Professionals and the Women's Tennis Association tours for the singles and doubles competition of the 2012 Olympic Games are listed below.
    [TABLE="class: wikitable"]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Gold Medal 750
    [/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]685
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Silver Medal 450
    [/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]470[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Bronze Medal 340
    [/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]340[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]SF 270
    [/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]260[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]QF 135
    [/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]175[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

#132 badMania, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The rules were set way before. I believe the philosophy of the olympics is for more countries to have representation - not necessarily the best in the world (though we would like to think otherwise).

I totally agree with Hau-ge. Indonesia had the same problem before. The rule is set there and applies to all countries - not just China.

It's tough for China - if you have 3 good players. Japan has the same issue with women's doubles. 3 pairs in the top six and indonesia mens doubles with 3 in the top ten. Very rarely are people making a point about those players players not being eligible. I don't see why Chen Jin should be given special treatment.

Chen Jin cannot go because he is the 3rd ranked chinese player. All he has to do is get a higher ranking. If Chen Long can do it, then I believe Chen Jin has the same opportunity. Don't say it is just because CJ is chinese. The same would applies to Japan and Indonesia.

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Always tell us the source of the info

That's why we have always asked posters to always tell us the source of the info. ;););)

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The ranking pts dedicated to Olympics for ATP & WTA are available from wikipedia.

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

17. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Are you sure what you said?

I swear to god, that when I followed tennis a few years ago, ATP never count Olympics.

18. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

I did NOT mislead, as I never mislead.

I just checked, there are points for Davis cup, Olympics, but not countable.

Davis cup, Olympics are still non countable tournaments.

19. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

thanks for the link, i noticed that, and I have stated in the previous article that there are 2 ranking points system in ATP. That's SA Airways ATP and ATP for ITF. Olympics has points, but it is still a non countable tournaments.

20. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

more important, even though ATP today is a little different from several years ago, the Olympics points and Davis cup points(non-countable tournaments) are ATP world Tour 500 events. While the grand slam tournaments are ATP 2000 events. On the other hand, no more than four 500 level events can be counted.

In a word, Olympics points (and team events) are at least negligible in tennis, while in badminton, it's the highest awarded points.

Don't messed up the main point with trivia things.