Denmark Open 2006: Day 3 (02/11)

Discussion in 'Denmark Open / Dutch Open 2006' started by badMania, Nov 1, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

72 matches will be played today, with 2 rounds in WS and XD. Here's the pick of today's matches

MEN'S SINGLES ROUND OF 16
    Peter Gade vs Wong Choong Hann (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- a huge match for the recently recovered Malaysian. He had done well to beat Kaldau yesterday. However, I think Peter is still too strong for him.

Joachim Persson vs Kendrick Lee Yen Hui -- Kendrick has been displaying some good form lately, beating Bjorn Joppien twice. I think he has a good chance to enter the quarter-final.

Przemyslaw Wacha vs Kenneth Jonassen -- the Danes to win.

Mohd Roslin Hashim vs Lee Tsuen-Tseng -- so far so good for the older Hashim brother. He should win in the battle of the Malaysians.

Chetan Anand vs Chen Hong -- a tricky match for the Chinese, but, nothing less than a title here will be satisfactory for him.

MEN'S DOUBLES ROUND OF 16
    Hendri Kurniawan Saputra/Hendra Wijaya vs Mathias Boe/Joachim Fischer Nielsen -- I put my money on the Singaporean brothers.

Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian vs Shen Ye/He Hanbin (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- a tough match for Rian/Eng Hian and I hope they will prevail.

Chris Langridge/David Lindley vs Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari/Lin Woon Fui -- technically, shouldn't be a problem for the now Malaysian no 1 pair. However, the English pair has troubled Luluk/Alvent before.

WOMEN'S SINGLES ROUND OF 32
    Maria Kristin Yulianti vs Huang Chia-Chi -- Maria is on a roll and I hope she continues her good form.

Yao Jie vs Adrianti Firdasari (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- a bad draw for Firda yet again. It will be a miracle if she can beat Yao.

Ella Karachova vs Wang Lin -- I am rooting for Wang Lin in this tournament :D

WOMEN'S DOUBLES ROUND OF 16
    Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nur Sugianti vs Ekaterina Ananina/Anastasia Russkikh -- Rani/Endang should win!

Natalie Munt/Joanne Nicholas vs Pan Pan/Tian Qing

Jwalla Gutta/Shruti Kurien vs Jo Novita/Gresya Polii (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- a tough match in store for Jo/Gresya. But, they do have an edge.

MIXED DOUBLES ROUND OF 32
    Devin Lahardi/Yunita Tetty vs Robin Middleton/Liza Parker -- should be a breeze for the INA pair.

Jurgen Wouters/Paulien Van Dooremalen vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa -- ditto for Flandy/Vita.

Daniel Shirley/Joanna Quay Swee Ling vs Kristof Hopp/Birgit Overzier

Lars Paaske/Helle Nielsen vs Robert Blair/Jenny Wallwork

Hendri Kurniawan Saputra/Li Yujia vs Nathan Robertson/Gail Emms (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- the world champion's first match since Madrid and the Singaporean pair is unlucky to draw them.

2. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

how many hours to go when its live?

3. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

agree .... i think peter gade will beat him ... but i still pick him as my favourite

4. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    who will Chen Yu meet today??
    thankz!agree with all your predictions!!

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    "Joachim Persson vs Kendrick Lee Yen Hui -- Kendrick has been displaying some good form lately, beating Bjorn Joppien twice. I think he has a good chance to enter the quarter-final."

Yes I'm quite surprised but I was rather disappointed that Ronald Susilo lost to Saman in R1! Hope Kendrick will keep the Singapore flag flying.

6. jiayou

jiayou Regular Member

playing time should be in afternoon *GMT + 1

it depends on where you are now :rolleyes:

7. jiayou

jiayou Regular Member

Loh.... but I think Person would win 60&-40%, but of course I hope Kendrick can kick ass arrr :D

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes I think Persson is no mean player (Is he the Dane who beat KBH at 3rd singles during the Thomas Cup?). But Kendrick has nothing to lose and so long as he believes in himself that he could defeat Persson as he has also beaten KBH before, and concentrates on the process taking each point at a time, he should do well. ;)

9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I think he plays Richard Vaughan next.

10. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

There's nothing exceptional in Persson's game.KBH lost to him because of nerves.Kendrick,should be able to defeat him.

11. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Well what's exceptional about KBH's game? I don't think he's any better than Perrson or Kendrick as these three guys are at about the same level with Kendrick having a bit more experience than the other two.

#11 virusvoodoo, Nov 1, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  12. wynn000

wynn000 Regular Member

KBH got play Denmark Open ??

13. Budakkiwi

Budakkiwi Regular Member

Student
    No KBH is not playing =)

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I hope Kendrick has learned not to give up too easily as he was predisposed to in many previous outings when he faced a strong player. Again I'm harping on his mental aspects. I was hoping that he could give Ronald Susilo a better fight than the scores revealed during the finals of the recent Luxemborg Open, but then Kendrick seemed to just give in if the score of the second game was any indication.

Granted that Ronald knows a great deal about his game, his strengths and weaknesses, Kendrick himself should play to his strengths and change the setting and the score to his advantage. The ability to do this on the spot is a mark of a better player and differentiates him from other less creative and mentally immobile opponent.

#14 Loh, Nov 1, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Devin Lahardi/Yunita Tetty have won their first match, beating Robin Middleton/Liza Parker 21-17, 21-13. Next, they will meet the young Chinese pair Zhang Wei/Zhao Yunlei for a place in the QF later tonight.

16. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    thankz!:D should be easy for him!!:)

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The Japan Open champion Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa also won easily 21-12, 21-12 over Jurgen Wouters/Paulien Van Dooremalen. They are expected to play He Hanbin/Tian Qing later tonight.

They have also been handed a good draw for next week's Dutch Open, where it's expected that they will get their second title.

18. cyipee

cyipee Regular Member

hope WCH will have a good performance against PG although he had just recovered, he must find back the confidence since 5 months haven't participate any tournaments.

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    WCH always play his heart out. He give 150% in everygame.

20. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    i think if you would hope WCH to win the match...
    it's almost impossible as he juz return from a long break...
    it's much better if we hope WCH will get 1 set or having the score up to 16+