Iso 800

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Matt, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I'm wonder if people who have had or still use the ISO 800 provide their input reguarding it. I've read the reviews but it is not current.

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks

2. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

iso800

i used iso800. initially it felt very stiff, no repulsion at all. as i get used to it, i got better. Very good for push and accurate clears, standard length with isometric head makes it very manoeuveable. Its strength is good control and placement. Net also good. Not a power racket, for placement players. Not head-heavy, quite stiff shaft, normal carbon graphite shaft (not HM)if i am not incorrect.

Overall, it's a good racket, i broke mine i am not sure when. Its only when the stringer showed me a crack before stringing that i knew it broke(maybe the stringer broke it, i am not sure). Completely different from iso900sp feel. Nowadays, quite outdated and not much sought after with so many new rackets available.

rgds

cs

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Thanks for the reply crazy smasher.

Just curious, the one you tried was the 3U or 2U? I'm trying to get a 3UG5 version if possible. If not I'll try to obtain a Iso SP 900 SS (possibly a 2004 dated one) as I was told it was a replacement of the 800.

4. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

All iso 800 i know of is 2U and most are G4. i do not think 3U exist. Anyway, 2U will give the racket more stability. ISO SP900 is completely different from ISO 800. I normally would advise you to move on to newer racket because ISO 900 ones are virtually phased out. So, if you want to get used to it, it is likely that sooner or later you cannot find it. Then, you will need to move on and adjust to other newer rackets from scratch again. Armortec 700 is very close to ISO900 i would say (same shape and length and head-heaviness) only difference is ISO900 head is more solid feel and vibration is less than armortec from my opinion. Here, ISO 800 can still be found quite a few places, ISO 900 ones are very rare, old and not so cheap. If you have never played with ISO800, you may hate it, it is not as forgiving as ISO900.

Rgds

CS

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I tried one a few years ago, don't exactly recall how it was like. I asked BBE reguarding 3UG5 and they were saying yes they carry them.

The 900's are rare and managed to get 2 new 900 SA's with 2004 date code a few months ago.

6. Gosupizza

Gosupizza Regular Member

correct me if im wrong but...

i get the feeling that the high end iso's of the past pretty much jsut become the at700's and 800's...

i could be wrong tho

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    No, both the iso 800 and iso swingpower are very different from the AT700 and AT800. The iso 800 is almost 10 years old. It was the top dog then but its weight is a bit out of place in today's scene. I own an iso 800. The iso swingpower is an all UHMG racquet with a slim cross section (good for speed and an indication of the quality of its UHMG) and is inherently better than the AT700 or AT800, but its weakness is its sensitivity to balance point change. Almost all iso swingpower racquets that I have come across and strung never really played well because their b/p were upset by a change of grip. My most satisfied customers(stringing) are iso swingpower owners despite the fact I charge them HK$ extra to put things right.

8. liajy

liajy Regular Member

I have a few iso800's and one iso900SS, previous comments are correct, the iso900 SS is far far more forgiving then then the iso800. the iso800 is a racket that takes a while to get used to, but is an all time classic in my opinion. it is far easier to generate power in the iso900ss then the iso800 which is why the iso900ss was aimed at "attacking doubles" players i presume. Haven't used my iso800's in a while, but i recently picked up my iso900ss when I broke 2 strings in one night in my at800de, the iso900ss was far less moneuvarable then the at800de, but did not have any significantly noticable lack of power.

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    To be correct, the 900's have UHMG on the shaft, while the head is HMG. The thing I like about this racket is that the head does look a bit fat on the side when compared to the shaft.

#9 Matt, Apr 7, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2006