z force 2 head out of shape?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by funbound, May 30, 2015.

1. funbound

funbound Regular Member

My Z force 2 LD version just arrived to my house, ordered from mybadmintonstore strung at 26lbs. However the head of this racket is not the same as the normal Z force 2. The head is slightly shorter than the original z force 2 i compared it with and it is also wider. Is there anything i can do with this faulty racket head? Pretty sure it cant be the racket like that as its just a re painting of the z force2?

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

did you email mbs? Maybe it's a bad string job

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    1-3mm can be offset due different jobs. If you stretch the head by tightening the 12/6 o'clock supports more than usual and do a x/1.1*x ration, the head can be slimmer and more narrow, which means the racket is longer. If you don't stretch the head and do an x/x ratio on the racket it can be wider and shorter. I had in the past many ZF rackets to string. I can tell that even unstrung rackets don't have exactly the same length. They differ around +/-1mm. I recommend to measure both rackets. If they are in a range of 676-673mm everything is fine. If they are longer or shorter you should be worried.

#3 ucantseeme, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  4. nws56

nws56 Regular Member

guitar maker
    Ha! In a similar situation myself ; two of those gaudy pink LCW versions arrived at my door last week. They were untidily strung and looked very elongated , but I had no real idea exactly how much until I took the strings off of one them. It lost some 4mm in length and gained 3mm on each side at the bottom end. Despite this it still felt much nicer to play than my distortion free
    ZF 1. So I wouldn't worry too much over the consequences of these stringing induced distortions as far as playing is concerned . On the other hand, adding unnecessary tensions to a structure already close to the edge of viability is ideologically unsound.

5. funbound

funbound Regular Member

So would you guys recommend me to cut it straight away? Will the shape hopefully go back to shape or somehow ask my stringer to somehow compensate it?

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Please measure the length of the STRUNG mbs racket. If it's under 673mm you should email them to find a solution. I would return it to their costs and ask for a replace (racket or money). Please share the difference here. Is it 1-3mm or more?

7. funbound

funbound Regular Member

Well its exactly 673mm... i guess its fine