Zhang Jiewen where are you?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Just4Kicks, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    How wrong can it be to put Zhang Jiewen and Yang Wei back together, after all they are the Olympic 2004 champion!!! Is a no brainer.

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, I also read about that too, even Mew Choo said they are only good friend. We also haven't seen any picture about this couple in public so may be they are really just a good friend :confused:

3. Angelou

Angelou Regular Member

Hmmm... well I have observed this partnership between Yang Wei and Zhang JieWen for quite a while. And certainly Yang Wei was usually the solid one during many of the matches. Yang Wei's ability to cope under pressure and create openings for her partner has been very visible and quite incredible in my opinion. I'm surprised that Yang Wei isn't recognized for her excellence. Especially in her positioning and thinking. Quite amazing. Zhang JieWen on the otherhand is not bad as well, but not as consistent when I watched her recently. She often does go out on bad spells. And So I can see why there was a split in the partnership. But I felt that this was somewhat of a blow to the morale of the team. Though Li Yong Bo and his management team is doing what's best for China, I think that it's also important that the feelings of the players be put into perspective.

But Anyways I hope that Zhang does find her light back into badminton.

4. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

I truly believe that this is just a tip of the iceberg.
    Perhaps incident like happens all over the times in China team.

5. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Yang Wei is a low profile but very solid player with good brains, her ability is no less than GL. GL is more popular perhaps because of the her achievement in both WD and XD.

6. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

The difference I think is GL seem more happy on the court though... like even when she is behind she is always smiling which might make her partner relax more and take pressure off him/her?

7. phaichamnan

phaichamnan Regular Member

Engineering
    Yehhh......Finally LYB decision is wrong.
    V Marissa/L Natsir beat W Yang/TT Zhao

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think that's why LYB split them.....they are already OLYMPic Champion.....if they win again in Beijing.....thats mean no change for LYB golden girl to be OLympic champion .....so LYB has to split them,.....i think ZJW/YW is the only pair that always beat GL/HS in all important tournaments....in the past...:rolleyes:...........;)..............:D

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ya true zhang jie wen shall play for MAS...she does noy have a future at china team anymore... so come to MAS la.

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I tend to agree with your thinking...;)

11. azneric

azneric Regular Member

according from china badminton discussion form, LYB has mentioned that ZJW is about to retired soon, such action makes me feel that he is tryin to either force or persuade her to retired.

12. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Its not surprising. Even YW might hv problem getting in the OG squad too, GL/HS, WYL/ZYW and Du/Yu seems more established partnership than YW/ZTT. Both YW and ZJW nvr appear to me as LYB's fav pet, even they r the Olympic Champs.

13. dranmo

dranmo Regular Member

Sales
    i watched the game and ZTT is a bit slow on covering up YW. ZTT seems to slow on following at the net front and many shot push right thru her and cost YW to play passively. 3rd game that is more clear that ZTT is the weaker link and most point are cost by ZTT unforce error and bad judgment. Recently performance of ZJW shows a lot of weakness in defense. However YW/ZJW is a better pair compare to YW/ZTT

14. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    Ants, what about a little leak? please.....:)

15. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I'm really sick of CHN sports of having to retire in-form players just to make way to some favorite players.

I can almost guarantee that LYB will choose GL/HS, WYL/ZYW & Du/Yu for OG08. Wait & See.

#75 robin7, Jul 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  16. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    in my opinion, i think this is called "long term planning to keep on dominating."

17. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    LYB's explanation of ZJW's retirement!

搜狐体育讯 北京时间7月16日消息,2007中国羽毛球大师赛今天下午落下帷幕,最后进行的女双决赛爆出小冷门,中国组合杨维/赵婷婷1-2不敌印尼选手纳西尔/玛丽莎屈居亚军,杨维在雅典奥运会夺冠的搭档张洁雯此次没有出战女双比赛,赛后李永波接受采访暗示张洁雯可能会选择从国家队退役。

20多年来,羽球女双一直是中国队的强势项目。从当年的林瑛/吴迪西到林瑛/关渭贞再到关渭贞/农群华,女双一直保持着世界顶尖水平,之后就是葛菲/顾俊这对无敌组合,从1996年3月至1999年间,她们国际比赛未输一场,连胜的场数达到100场左右,还连夺96年亚特兰大和悉尼奥运会两届冠军。

目前中国队除了杨维/赵婷婷,目前中国羽毛球队还拥有多哈亚运会冠军高崚/黄穗,目前中国女双头号选手张亚雯/魏轶力以及小将杜婧/于洋等三对组合,而雅典奥运会冠军杨维/张洁雯目前已经被拆对,张洁雯目前没有好的搭档,在大师赛赛后羽球队总教练李永波表示,比起另外四对八名选手相比,张洁雯和她们的竞争力要小一些。也许她会像陈宏那样选择回到自己的省队或者就此退役,毕竟当一个队员感到参加奥运会的机会十分渺茫的时候,选择离开也是我们可以理解的,这是首次李永波在公开场合透露,前奥运冠军张洁雯可能就此退役。

相比杨维12岁从湖北来到广东,张洁雯可是一个地道的广东妹,而且一开始就专攻双打。98年世青赛,她和曾经的双打运动员谢杏芳搭档获得了女双冠军、两年后她又和魏轶力搭档获得世青赛冠军以及全国双打冠军赛女双冠军,2001年世锦赛她们输给高崚/黄穗获得女双亚军;在当年广东举行的九运会上她和杨维搭档在主场夺冠,一对黄金搭档就此出现在了历史的舞台。

2002年釜山亚运会上,韩国名将罗景民、李敬元连挫中国数对女双,为了夺回优势,中国队对几名女双主力进行了重新配置,由于杨维2000年奥运会夺得银牌的搭档黄楠雁退役,杨维和张洁雯自然而然的在国家队走到了一起。出生于1979年的杨维身高1.72米,出生于1981年的张洁雯身高1.77米,从先天条件来看比葛菲、顾俊要强,杨维司职前场,以攻为主,扑球迅速,能为搭档创造出绝好的进攻机会,防守也密不透风;身材较高的张洁雯坐阵后场,扣杀势大力沉,两人组合同样珠联璧合,虽然配对时间不长,但由于她们在生活中就是一对好姐妹,因此在不长的时间内迅速达到了葛菲、顾俊般的默契程度,这对组合甫一亮相就令人眼前一亮,在02年底的亚锦赛上她们一路过关斩将闯进决赛,输给了队友高崚/黄穗获得了亚军,03年她们俩在多项比赛中闯进决赛,世界排名迅速进入前三。04年雅典奥运会登顶后,她们又在05年夺得世锦赛冠军,成为了葛菲/顾俊之后又一对金牌搭档。

然而2005年益阳世界杯上国际羽联开始改制实行21分制后,两人的命运开始发生变化,从发球得分到每球得分,要求队员对于每个球的注意力增强了,而且对于防守的要求更高,虽然在05年世界杯上杨维/张洁雯击败配对仅一个多月的魏轶力/张亚雯夺冠,但赛后都坦言对21分制的不适应,张洁雯在赛后接受采访时说:“我(甚至)觉得21分后的比赛有点不像羽毛球了,包括在小组赛中我们面对实力差的对手,压力都好大,真的不是很习惯。”

相比心理,技术上暴露出的缺陷更是让张洁雯难以适应新赛制,李永波认为,21分制对杨维/张洁雯的打法很不利。“张洁雯的防守现在有较大问题,比赛中她防守时很勉强,而且比较怕防守,这使她变得打法不够全面,由于不全面,在场上丢分的机会就多了。”

此外伤病也成了杨/张分道扬镳的原因之一,此前,张洁雯因为伤病导致训练不系统,状态比较差。在去年广州公开赛,张洁雯忍着腿伤和杨维创造了广州公开赛三连冠的壮举,但在赛后她们俩久就得到了一个坏消息:由于要锻炼新人,她们将无缘年底的多哈亚运会。

但是命运就是这样奇妙,由于女双小将于洋的受伤,杨维/张洁雯又获得了参加多哈亚运会的机会,拥有奥运会、世锦赛和世界杯冠军头衔的她们只要再拿下一枚亚运会金牌,她们就能追平葛菲/顾俊的“金满贯”记录,然而遗憾的是她们在决赛中输给了队友高崚/黄穗,未能追平前辈的成绩。

进入07年后,这对广州双妹的命运更加不顺利,马来西亚公开赛输给日本选手止步八强,韩国公开赛输给了高崚/黄穗屈居亚军,虽然德国公开赛上他们夺冠,但在全英公开赛上她们在决赛上又输给了队友张亚雯/魏轶力,接连的“内战”失利,使得瑞士公开赛前,羽球队做出了决定,张洁雯回国,瑞士赛杨维和赵婷婷搭档出战,同样和葛菲来自江苏南通的八一小将赵婷婷同样身材高大,球风泼辣,和杨维首次搭档便取得良好效果,拿下了瑞士赛的冠军,此后国际比赛外战保持不败,并且拿下了亚锦赛以及新加坡、印尼两站奥运积分赛的亚军(冠军分别是张亚雯/魏轶力以及杜婧/于洋),直到中国大师赛,她们才首次输给外国选手。

虽然女双这次罕见的落败,但中国女双仍然是世界诸强中最为强大的,由于奥运会一个国家最多三对选手参加,因此高崚/黄穗、杨维/赵婷婷、张亚雯/魏轶力以及杜婧/于洋四对组合的“人才储备”数量令人满意,本次大师赛张洁雯并没有出战女双,而是和小将徐晨搭档出战混双,在1/8决赛中,徐晨/张洁雯的对手是去年的亚军于洋/何汉斌。在三局战成1比1的情况下,第3局,原本势头迅猛的徐晨/张洁雯突然频频失误,屡次回球下网,他们很快便以13比21败下阵来。赛后有记者发现,张洁雯罕见的躲在卫生间痛哭不已。此前老将夏煊泽也在和徐晨、赵婷婷搭档男双和混双不成功后急流勇退,选择了退役。

张洁雯如果真的从国家队退役,她将是半年多来羽毛球队继陈宏、桑洋、夏煊泽之后的第四名国手,首个奥运冠军,此前黄穗一度萌生退意,而本次比赛受伤的老将张军也多次被报道可能退役,这些曾经功勋卓著老将命运不禁令人唏嘘感慨。 (责任编辑:斯汤达)

18. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Take a step back ...

This thread started with an new article and some suspicious about what had actually happened between a XD match of 2 Chinese pairs.... after about 40+ posts, with no other facts or details of the incidents, it then suddenly became a fact that the match is thrown! :eek:

Amazing, how speculations after being repeated many times become fact!

Dont get me wrong, I was not there courtside so neither do I know what actually happened. That is precisely why neither of us so come to conclusion just base on one news article.

If we want to be skeptical, we should also question the source, which is from a Guangzhou-base local paper... and ZJW is ex-Guangdong province! Given this connection, we need to read the article with a (large) pinch of salt! :rolleyes:

We may question some of the dubious "walk-over", but we cannot simply put one and one together just like that.

19. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Robin, this article you quoted only suggested ZJW may choose to retire. It is not like your post heading "LYB's explanation of ZJW's retirement" suggested that she has decided to retire.

I think this is important for those members who could not read Chinese to understand that it is a assumption only and not a reality yet.

#79 Linus, Jul 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  20. badminto_expert

badminto_expert Regular Member

Consultant
    Hi. LYB want to split them because LYB love to ZTT..