Zheng Si Wei ( 郑思维 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by volcom, Nov 25, 2014.

1. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    I don't think the Lu Kai combination is working. They haven't progressed well.

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Amazing talent he has what 23 titles already or something absurd and he is only 20?

As I said years ago, he isbe better than Zhang Nan and I stand by my word :)

buibui2 and Sundis like this.
  3. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, and this new XD combination looks deadly, with Huang YaQiong dominating the net and yet being able to handle her own when caught at the back.

This pair looks like the real deal that CHN will send to Tokyo 2020 OG.

#23 visor, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. Abu Tanki

Abu Tanki Regular Member

Student
    What do you guys think Huang Yaqiong brings to the court that CQC didn't?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

5. visor

visor Regular Member

She has better defence, better front court coverage (better reach from being taller), better in controlling the net to set up lifts for her partner... and just generally more soothing to watch playing...

buibui2 likes this.
  6. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Zhang Nan don't forget became champion in the era of Xu/Ma, Fischer/Pedersen, Natsir/Ahmad and others. It can be difficult to assess how great a player he can be with his style of play. He's more tactical and technical than physical like most players. He cannot smash as hard, but he won WC and OG this way.

On top of that, and the scary thing is, he can adeptly adjust his game with different partners and still fare well. And we haven't brought up MD yet. He has defeated different styles of players from LYD/YYS, MA/HS and even the Minions.

So it's too early to compare him and ZSW. Though I agree ZSW seems promising; him and HYQ I hope will go places. Plus, I totally ship them more than her and Lu Kai. HYQ and Lu Kai look like siblings :D

7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

But didn't Zhang Nan win World Championships with Liu Cheung ?

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

For the time being I would still consider ZN to be the significantly better player. He won everything there is to win, whereas ZSW won a lot of titles, but none of the big ones yet. Winning 10 GPG is still nothing compared to one WC in my book.
    I'm also basing this on what I've seen from both so far, ZN may be a bit weaker in terms of pure power and speed, but he places the shuttle so much better that he still is the more effective attacker of the two. When SAW gets a shuttle above net height you can bet that it's going to be a hard drive or smash 90% of the time. With ZN there was/is more uncertainty and he also takes more care not to give his opponents counter-attacking opportunities by playing too fast too soon.

#28 j4ckie, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    buibui2 and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  9. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Huang is better at the back court than Chen. If you can pin Chen to the back court long enough, she can be forced into making errors.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    He is a lucky guy to get Huang Yaqiong!

11. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    I'd recommend you to watch 2017 HK Open Final. It may change your evaluation about ZSW.

12. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    He played some amazing disguised drops shots and cross this final.

13. jlimzq

jlimzq Regular Member

Agreed. Anyone know what is the Li Ning racket ZSW uses here? Looks to me like a Pro Master Turbo 7TD to me but then again, there are so many out there that I could be wrong.

14. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

After the awarding ceremony last HK tournament, near the end when they're done with the photos, he left HYQ too soon: along with their individual trophies and mementos, she had to carry the huge cheque thingy off the stage herself :D

15. yeo_melaka

yeo_melaka Regular Member

I think he should try to qualify for 2020 MD with Li Junhui.

Li Junhui's current partner isnt progressing. Any thoughts?

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I just think that Zheng Siwei is too uptight in some of the matches, esp finals where he wanted to win so much, and the pressure gets to him. That's something he has to learn to overcome by gaining further experience and growing maturity, some people do but some never.

The good thing is he's still young at age 20,born 26th Feb 1997, time is on his side.

17. Master

Master Regular Member

Zheng Siwei is partnering with Wang Yilyu in Fuzhou China Open...

IMO Zhang Nan/Zheng Siwei is better than Zhang Nan/Liu Cheng and Wang Yilyu/Zheng Siwei. Maybe the time will come for Zhang Nan/Zheng Siwei in several months.

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Just like what they did last time with HDP/HYQ doing a WD. I am not sure they are seriously trying out these partnerships. Could it have something to do with the mandatory number of tournaments to fulfill?

buibui2 likes this.
  19. Master

Master Regular Member

I don't think it's related with the playing mandatory since the mandatory is just applied in the respective category and can't be replaced with the appearance in the other categories.

It's clear enough IMO, this trial is more about finding a good backup MD or even the better MD than the currently present. Li/Liu somehow isn't good enough against Kevin/Marcus. And yes, China have Han Chengkai/Zhou Haodong to stop Kevin/Marcus, but still they need at least 1 more pair to accomplish their mission. While the expected pair Zhang Nan/Liu Cheng face their stagnant result, the need to have one more established MD pair is there.

Zheng Siwei have delivered good record and dominance in XD category with Huang Yaqiong. So, CBA need him to lift up the MD department.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I am not even convinced part time Zheng with any partner would do good enough against minions if that really what they are looking for. They have Han/Zhou and He/Tan who had done pretty well for that. Playing both XD and MD in high levels is not as easy as people think. Sure some players had managed really well, and Zhang Nan certainly making it seems much easier than it is.

Zheng/Huang has only dominated for less than a year, surely they don't want to jeopardize that by having Zheng play MD with the Olympics is coming soon. Well of course with the low competition within XD itself probably won't change anything. What puzzles me is why they are trying new partnerships with two top 2 XD players for both MD and WD. That just doesn't make sense if they want long term good partnership unless they are trying the pairs out for team events.