Zymax 62 tension recomendation

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Budi, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

A friend just string his racket & send me some string photo.
    Kizuna, Maxbolt, & Zymax.
    One catch my eye Zymax 62.
    While im browsing around seems the new one are 62 Fire & some say that 25lbs Zymax 62 feel similar as thick 0.69 gauge string at 30lbs.
    So here i ask opinion from they who had been try this string.
    Is it worth string for its old version (i think)?
    Normaly i use BG66UM 27lbs, if its worth it, what tension suggested for it?

Thanks

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

If you want to test a string, use the same tension and stringer you normally use. Otherwise you cannot get any useful information from that test.

I didn't like ZM62F, but it certainly didn't feel like 30 when stringing it at 28 (in my case).

If you are looking for alternatives to BG66UM, LN1, G-Tone 5, and Überschall F66 come to mind.... that reminds me, I really cannot wait to compare those when I can play again!

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Yes, i know the golden rule. I have try most of Yonex, Lining, & Victor string. The thing that interest me is that zymax use different material but not sure if i should follow the rule or not.
    For Gtone5, to bad i cant find one to try.
    And for Uber66 its available in mall (Planet Sport) but not sure if they willing to string non Adidas racket & due to Covid i havent go to mall more than 6 month.

4. what07

what07 Regular Member

62 fire will not feel as tight then the older versions of 62.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

So in the end im very curious with it & try it. I ask my friend to string it at his stringer @26lbs, 1lbs lower than my usual tension. Play 3 games with it today & here my tought for it.

It seems it had smaller sweet spot as i miss hit alot today (makes me wonder how bad am i on hitting consistency:confused:)

for low swing shot (drive, net, serve) its kinda less repulsive abit but on full swing (clear, smash) its very devastating i would say & the sound really really KABOM:eek: (that if you hit the sweet spot)

1 thing that are very noticable, its a sandpaper string, very rough surface. Put it on a light & you will see the rough surface, quite noticable to when you feel it with your finger, & when i fix the string from moving, i could feel & hear click...click sound as the rough surface scratch each other. For that trait it bite the shuttle very well. When im slicing the shuttle today, i slice way beyond my usual slice.

For durability, considering im miss hit many times today & it didnt snap, i guest its good, but idk time will prove it.

Last, my friend told me feedback from the stringer. This string is the hardest to string & little mistake would snap it which is why he didnt restock any zymax.