Racket Quest Done [for now anyways]

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ormy4, Oct 16, 2008.

1. ormy4

ormy4 Regular Member

Received a post from Dan [dinkalot] telling me of an interesting racket I should try so said what they heck shoot me one. Later he put a post up once he had tested a few. Badminton just started here a few weeks back so finally got a chance to use it and bingo me likeee big time. For myself it fit in between a w9 and a ti-10 both of which I really like. Dan strung it for me direct pull at 26 lbs and being a 85 or 86g racket works out well. Defence is excellent and power is very good but it feels effortless to use. I now am using my wrist more and have a backhand smash although not the best. Will play around a bit with tension to dial it in but for me and my style it works.

Drum roll and my new racket of choice is the Li Xiang 858. In fact just bought 3 more which just arrived. Dinkalot had one left and a few other models but wanted the 858 so contacted markache@hotmail.com and made a deal with him for 3. He strung them and sent them the next day so it worked out well as I had no idea where to find backups. Not a pretty or an
    ugly racket but for people playing doubles who like to smash with a racket
    they can use all night without tiring something definately to check out.
    It also answers why I was selling all my rackets [fidget lol] still have the ti-10 and x2-ap [cheap plug] in the buy sell.
    cheers

Attached Files:

2. mannie

mannie Regular Member

scientist
    How much would the Ti-10 be posted to the uk?

If i can sell my nano 9000 S i'm interested:)

3. markache@hotmai

markache@hotmai Regular Member

It is my best racket too , among 8 rackets :)
    Yes, I should have a better designer to make it more beautiful :)

4. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

ormy4,

Congratulations. Certainly feels great when you find a racket that suits you well enough to stop looking around...

5. ormy4

ormy4 Regular Member

Actually with all the talented guys here should have a design contest where the winner would get a free racket of their winning design. Add an interesting twist here to the normal routine hopefully it is not against any rule. Be cool to come up with a design that actually went into production.

6. markache@hotmai

markache@hotmai Regular Member

I like the the suggestion :)

Do we have comrades ? :p