Who is going to Super Series Final 2008

Discussion in 'Super Series Master Finals 2008' started by luyi80, Nov 3, 2008.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I might go on 17th as well and come back on 22nd.
    Good. U must have taken the RM344 ones. :D

#41 robin7, Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

unfortunately i cant go to this tournament!:rolleyes::eek:
    too far from here..KL side..and this is not the right time for me..
    p/s i just realized that this thread had been created..
    been to outstation for a some days..thats why very busy and and no time to post though;):eek:
    dont worry, IM BACK RIGHT NOW!:p:p:cool:
    i wil slowly catching up/reads all of the post..and slowly read u guys post 1 by 1..:):D

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

to all of you who are going to this tournament, do enjoy yourselves!:):D
    and enjoy your `seafood` too:D:D
    unfortunately i cant meet up with u once again, rudy:(

4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I will be flying out on the last Air Asia flight out on Wed 17/12.

Coming back on the last flight out on Sunday 21/12.

5. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Very convenient, now Air Asia website booking (for LCCT KLIA departures) includes the Skybus Service. And it just so happens that for the next few months I would be spending a lot of time in my new Group HQ at KL Sentral. Just a matter of hopping to the Skybus after work .......

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The partey won't be complete without your presence..

..George, if our Hau-ge can make it to KK (this gathering) all the way from L.A., you should do even better....;)

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    US$500,000 - Biggest prize money on offer at Masters Final

Daily Express
    Sabah, Malaysia

04 November, 2008

Super Series Masters Final - Dec 18-21

Kota Kinabalu: The Badminton World Federation (BWF) Super Series Masters Final that will be held here on Dec 18-21 will offer a total prize money of US$500,000, the biggest the BWF has ever offered.

Sabah Badminton Association (SBA) President, Datuk Maijol Mahap, who is also BAM vice-president, said the sum was the biggest compared to that of Super Series events in other countries which offered prize money of US$250,000.

On Sunday BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) secretary P. Ganga Rao told AFP that Sabah would be the host for the finals.

"We are very glad that the BWF and BAM have agreed to our request to host the most prestigious badminton tournament in the world," said Maijol.

"I have been in discussion and consultation with BAMÉSBA's good relationship with BAM made it easier for us to bring the tournament to the State," Maijol added.

On the players participating in the tournament, Maijol said that only the top eight ranked men, women, men's and women's doubles as well as mixed doubles in the Super Series standing will be invited to compete.

"The French Open is currently being held and that will be followed by the last two Super Series - China Open and the Hong Kong Open. At the end of the Super Series circuit, we will know the top eight players in each category. So, you can say that the Super Series Masters Final here, is the final of all the Super Series."

He said that the Malaysian shuttlers likely to compete in the tournament are Datuk Lee Chong Wei (current Men's world number one), Wong Mei Choo (currently fifth in the Women's singles world ranking), Zakry and Fairuz (currently third in the Men's Doubles ranking) as well as the current fourth ranked Women's Doubles Wong Pei Thy and Chin Ei Hui.

"However, all of them have to compete in the China Open and the Hong Kong Open to at least maintain their ranking," he said.

Maijol said that this Nov 18-22, the State will host another world-class event-the Malaysia International Challenge-that will see some 200 shuttlers from 10 countries including India, Chinese Taipei, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea, Singapore and hosts, Malaysia.

Tickets for the tournament is now available and those interested can contact Tan Chu Chen (012-8158191), Yapp Su Chew (012-8254419) and Ajahar Abd Latif (013-8661616) for further details.

#47 Loh, Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  8. hFang

hFang Regular Member

Hi all...I didnt log into BC for so long. Very busy this lately and I didnt know that this super series final will be held in KK, Sabah which is so near to my hometown (Labuan). Not until Samuel informed me. Unfortunately I wont be able to join you all as I'll be away for my year end trip. For those who arrive earlier or leave later than the tournament, I would like to recommend you guys to visit the national park in Kundasang. To enjoy the nice scenery and also the cold weather there. :)

9. hFang

hFang Regular Member

Likas Square Condo Hotel is very near to the stadium but there's nothing much in Likas Square Commercial Complex. Staying around Api-Api area will have more choices of food (especially late night supper) and of course shopping since its in the city area. But only problem is the transportation. Would suggest you guys to rent a car if possible. :)

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yup, I told them so already. And transport to food area would not be a problem, walking distance only .....

11. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    im still splitted 50-50.. $$$$ aduh..

12. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    BTW, has the ticketing plans been released already?? me and my friend need 2 plan early so dat we can go... we need to plan early...

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    just bought my ticket: from Kucing to Kota Kinibalu
    Dec 15: AK 5902 departing: 16:30
    Dec 21: AK 5903 departing: 14:40

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    So Hau-ge, you'd be missing the finals .... flying back so early.

15. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

So u'll arrive Kuching on 15 Dec as well?

16. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

We did contacted the ticketing guy, but they haven't come out with the price yet...so, we have to wait either...:(

17. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    cat sisters, mayb can bring hauge out for dinner or something while he's here? i don think i can make it to kk.. no $$$$

18. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

I love to do that but it all depends on hauge's schedule...if he arriving Kuching on Dec 14, then for sure we can take him out for dinner...wait for hauge's reply...

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Jen and my flight details
    18 DEC 3K525 ETD 1320 ETA 1550
    23 DEC 3K526 ETD 1620 ETA 1850
    We're flying JETSTAR and hope there are no flight cancellations cos they fly alternate days.
    For accm,Likas may offer nothing but we're gonna be in that area from noon to night anyway;the only free time is morning and supper.In any case,Likas provides shuttle to town centre and One Borneo.The last thing I would go for is a location that's neither here nor there; not walking distance to stadium or to great food places. If we hire a car,Likas shouldn't be a problem. As for shopping, that's taken care of by its shuttle service. There's really nothing much to shop in KK, anyway. Jen and I like the idea of sharing accm during the tournament days but we'll move out of Likas on 22 Dec.
    Car hire is a super idea.

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    My heart is still against staying in Likas, but if you guys need to split hotel bills, say the word .....:)