Switching Armortec 900T

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by billbobfrd, Oct 26, 2008.

1. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

4 u really should suffice for power, if you can't get it then maybe you should drop to a AT 500 that is more flexible

2. Silent_Ninja

Silent_Ninja Regular Member

Student
    They don't sell AT500's either. Why would the GM of Yonex decide that they onlt stock 4U AT900P's and T's for UK?

3. billbobfrd

billbobfrd Regular Member

US doesnt have 3U either does it?

4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

nope, not at all.
    sucks kinda, no?

5. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

i prefer the 4u to the 3u which plays like a 2u even balance... If you get the timing right the 4u armortecs are deadly... but also help so much with defence....

6. techd

techd Regular Member

7. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    It's the ARC10. He's been using it since after the olympics.

8. nipoy

nipoy Regular Member

college student
    Anyone knows why Taufik switched to ARC10? a guess maybe?

Taufik actually won places after switching to ARC10, MACAU OPEN 2008 CHAMP, FRENCH OPEN 2008 1st Runner Up,just got beaten up by Peter Gade during the finals who also switched to ARC10 from AT700.

I mean its the "ARC10", havent heard anything special with it. Any clues? Maybe there's something special to it that we dont know other than its shock dampening stuff. ^^,

9. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    The shock dampening really important as it means you can keep on smashing without tiring out ! It is like using a rifle (one shot) versus a machine gun (many shots continously) !

With the rifle, you need to be accurate to ensure a kill, with the machine guy, who cares ? Just spray and one of the bullet will hit, ha ha. Same concept with the ARC10 I supposed, just keep on smashing !!!

10. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

compared AT900T with ArcSaber10 .. which have more head heavier? i know Arc10 have the slim frame so make the swim more faster...how about AT900T?

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

An issue I noticed between the 3U and 4U AT900T (especially compared to a 4U P) was in frame stability - I thought the 4U T wobbled noticeably with power shots while the 3U T did less so. Can anybody corroborate:)? Probably down to aero vs. box section.

I think the key difference between the two is that the 900P's power is accessed more easily than that of the T, but it all comes down to the user - LCW might have changed to the P because he had all the control he needed, but couldn't get those last few percentage points of power out of the T. Who knows (besides Chong Wei himself, that is;))?

I hope to have a T permanently residing in my racket bag soon; I love the P to bits but, in my heart of hearts, I have to admit that the T is a better all-court racket for me.

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

An issue I noticed between the 3U and 4U AT900T (especially compared to a 4U P) was in frame stability - I thought the 4U T wobbled noticeably with power shots while the 3U T did less so. Can anybody corroborate:)? Probably down to aero vs. box section.

I think the key difference between the two is that the 900P's power is accessed more easily than that of the T, but it all comes down to the user - LCW might have changed to the P because he had all the control he needed, but couldn't get those last few percentage points of power out of the T. Who knows (besides Chong Wei himself, that is;))?

I hope to have a T permanently residing in my racket bag soon; I love the P to bits but, in my heart of hearts, I have to admit that the T is a better all-court racket for me.

Cack - double post :( please moderate, someone!

13. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I find the AT900T in 4U is actually not extremely stable, but it's good enough. I have two 3U AT700 old so I'll compare the T to the 700s since the 900P is similar to the 700. I find that the T demands excellent technique to produce any power from it. I need to make sure my forearm rotation is perfect, and the swing is smooth and explosive. The AT700 however can produce an equal amount of power by just swing as hard as possible, no refinements required. However, with perfect technique, enormous power can be generated in such a short time because of the fast swing speed. IMO, the AT700 is better for monster baseline smashing, but the 900T is more useful in fast play, or for the less heavy smashes.

**Side note, since the AT900T demands better technique, when I use the T then switch to the 700 I feel I gain more power, which is useful for training.

***I know I use 2 different racquets on extreme sides of the spectrum, but my playing style pretty much uses any kind of racquet.

**** Another side note, my AT900T has a BP of 325mm with strings and grip, but still remains extremely fast in 4U.