Oh no...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by action_man, Oct 26, 2003.

1. action_man

action_man Regular Member

I'm an endangered species, jobs can kill me.
    Since last year (when I broke my ankle, and my club disbanded), I've stopped playing until now. So guess what? I can't even hit the simplest of forehand shots. :( The good news is that that's the only thing I can't do...Otherwise my game is just fine (I might not be as fast as before).

Like everytime I try to hit, I always end up missing the birdie! :mad: And now, try outs for the badminton team are about to start, AND I'm FAR from prepared. I didn't make it last year because I was really sick (and boy, was my partner mad at me!).

So has this ever happened to you guys before? If so, what did you do about it? And how long till you got your game back? (As in how long did it take to get as good as before?) And maybe you can throw in some tips about how to hit forehand shots? As of now, I'm clueless...:confused: (and I used to be a hard smasher, that's why this keeps bugging me so much. :mad: )

2. AzNbOi2747

AzNbOi2747 Regular Member

Student
    that sucks...

i even lose my touch in a week, not to mention a year.

btw are you a hs student?

3. action_man

action_man Regular Member

I'm an endangered species, jobs can kill me.
  4. Ashish

Ashish Regular Member

student
    ouch ^.- .. that sucks.. well i tink sumeone cod only get their touch back through practice..and so if u think you're not relaly prepared. just go out and play a lot more..

5. graphite

graphite Regular Member

Student
    Try to get a coach/trainor to teach you the basics again. A similar situation happened to me when I was in 1st year HS, I had bronchitis and stopped playing, and when I got back, I really sucked! My biggest mistake was that I took about a year to realize that I need to get a coach to get me up to speed again. My advice is, if you can afford to get a coach, by all means do. Its worth it! :)

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    This problem is very common. Everytime, we step away from a sport for such a long period of time, the movement (more to do with timing) could be way off.

It takes time and more practice to re-gain the skill. However, make sure do within ur limit, and don't trigger ur old injury for rushing through.

7. chub2003

chub2003 Regular Member

i think you should just do drills only, stay away from games first, to get back the feel of the game

8. ArchDevil145

ArchDevil145 Regular Member

student
    You know losing your touch doesn't mean losing your skill. It means you just forgot or you don't have the proper "feel" for it. If you play casually, you might suddenly remember how to do the move/skill.