Cab 20 Feast !!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bluejeff, Apr 13, 2004.

1. anandalphonse

anandalphonse Regular Member

Engineer
    does any one from India (especially from kerala) tell me where I can get a cab 20 muscle /power/ tour special :confused:??????is it still available???:D

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

dont bring up old threads. you already have a thread you made, and these people don't frequent the forum a lot. this serves no purpose, except for clutter

3. potato.studio

potato.studio Regular Member

graphic designer
    25 years old cab20

heres mine. repaint again with flatblack because of too many scratch. still in good condition. amazingly for 25 years old racket restring at 22lbs (Yonex BG66 black colour)!!! hahaha.. love so much this racket, and i name it MP4-20... carbon with T-join.. hehe.. :p

Attached Files:

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    that is not a cab20, it is just a cheapo steel racket

5. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

either he is telling the truth, or he did a buttcap transplant. however, i don't understand either why someone would paint a racket at all.....

6. potato.studio

graphic designer
    its cab15. well, everytime i go around.. and meet old people they recognise its old yonex.. and its not steel cheapo.. hehe.. its fully carbon.

7. potato.studio

graphic designer
    well the pictures quality very bad, but next time i'll post it again. the serial numbers there. no buttcap transplant (original gold colour old yonex logo). want to make its look better because the scratch too much, so i repaint it.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

it is so cheapo that iamverycheap http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/member.php?u=39939 gave it to u LOL

#48 cooler, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  9. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

The 1st generation cab15? I just don't know. The 1st generation Cab15 has an external T-joint but the frame cross-section is very squarish. Yours look rounded.

10. potato.studio

graphic designer
    hahha... lol.. i keep it(cab15) because of sentimental value. and my cab not so cheap like iamverycheap. hahaha... and not so expensive like you too.. my others racket pro kennex carbonpro 767, cab 21sp, Ti-10 2ndgen and Ti-10 3rd gen. lin dan racket too expensive, cannot affort to buy it. and my skill not as good as you to use very expensive one.. :p

11. potato.studio

graphic designer
    next time i take a better shot okey. my phone camera not very nice capture one.. cheap phone.. haha..

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u r one honest spud;)

13. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Please do... I've been trying to get my hands on a photo of the 1st gen Cab15. I lost mine eons ago. :crying::crying:

14. anandalphonse

Engineer
    At last my own cab 20...............

Hiiii to since 2 months i've been in looking for a cab 20....at last i spotted one on near by sports shop...there where actually 2 different versions, a cab 20 (usual blue black)and a cab 20 sp (red black)... though these 2 where marked 85 grams both of them where enteirly different..blue one was very heavy...
    so i settled for red one (sp version , new i think!)...now is sp version is the so called cab 20 special?? because i saw a cab 21 sp and a cab 21 special ....they where having different price tags...

#54 anandalphonse, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  15. kimir

kimir Regular Member

what is the weight stated on the cone of the cab20s? 2u or 3u?

the red one is the new color version of cab20sp and is different from cab20 special.

16. anandalphonse

Engineer
    on the cone ?? it was 2U i think....it got masked by the over grip i applied:p
    but the other one was definitely heaver ...a bit head heavy i think...

17. anandalphonse

Engineer
    length od cab 20 sp

@ Bluejeff......
    I recently got mt frst cab 20 sp(orange color scheme) n has a few questions??
    its about the length ... on the shaft its stated that its a regular length racket bt when I measured it its about 671 mm in length...n its head is more ovel than my bro's cab 8000Lt ....though I got it from India its coded 'sp' on the cone (isn't that Singapore distribution code?) is yonex supposed to provide 'ID' distribution code in India? and is manufactured on 2005 april .....

18. ESTDING

ESTDING New Member

Do you have a cab 20 with old yonex logo?

19. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    Hi All, I hope some of the folks here is still around and don't mind if I bring up old thread...
    :D:D

I just want to share two of my cab20s that I have and will give a tribute to this Cab20 Feast thread! (and I think these two rackets are missing from BlueJeff first/original post thread Cab20s photos collection)

I've been using Carbonex 20 Tour Special (Red) almost exclusively for the last 9 months, and it's been my all-time favourite for now.
    And recently I was able to obtain a Carbonex 20 Tour (green) and been using it for several matches.
    For quick conclusion between those two rackets: I love both of the racket: the 20 tour is around 5 mm more head-heavy than the tour special and a bit stiffer. Therefore: for power, the 20 tour is more favourable; and for mobility, the 20 tour special is better. Both of the racket gives the same solid feeling for me.

I've been looking for the 20 tour for quite a while now and very glad that I own one finally :):)
    I've found in the internet that a lot of Indonesian player using the 20 tour in early 2000's: Taufik Hidayat, Halim Haryanto, Trikus Haryanto, and Hariyanto Arbi... And I've read somewhere in BC forum that the 20 tour is the standard racket used for training in Indonesia Training Centre (PBSI Pelatnas) in late 90's to early 2000's.

Here's quick snapshot picture of the 20 tour vs 20 tour special
    :):)
    (and I may write a full review in a new thread later perhaps)

Happy Badminton and Stay Healthy as Always!

IMG_1731.jpg IMG_1732.jpg IMG_1735.jpg IMG_1741.jpg

Cheung likes this.