Any more users of Tetracross 700 ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by twobeer, Oct 5, 2007.

1. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    Is that a widebody frame?

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    For me the GP-88 is not better than TC700. TC700 is stiffer, and better suited for me personally (in singles).

For "wippy" wristy players and defence the GP-88 is nicer though, so I think it is more up to preference and style, than which one you would choose..

The balance, head-heaviness & timing is very close to the TC700/3U so it is very easy to adjust and switch between GP-88 and TC700.

The GP-88s classic shape and aero fram combine with the slightly more flexy shaft than TC700 makes it ideal for cab lovers and players who feel they would like som "assist" from the racket to generate power.. It is extremely easy to get power from the GP-88.. It feel like I have to dig up an old Tannepak quote "effortless power" :) .. But the max-power potential to tap is greater in the TC700 imop..

I actually was more or less forced to order some more GP-88 from a former Carlton Elite user at the club, who felt the new carlton line didn't feel as good.. he tried the GP-88 and was like a baby in a candy store.. he refused to give it back to me :)...

So for cab lovers, and users who preffer classic head shape.. the GP-88 is probably the no.1 racket :) .But for me the TC700 reigns supreme :)

/Twobeer

#202 twobeer, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Nice pics :)

yummy.. I really like the design of the new mizuno rackets..

/Twobeer

4. liajy

liajy Regular Member

old and new

anyone noticed that the new colour tetracross700 have grommets with a much narrower diameter then the old one? just strung the new colour back to back with old colour and noticed the new one was more of a pain:eek:

5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Thanks Twobeer for the review, it is very helpful.

Wonder if there's another GP model that plays like the GP88 but is iso design ?

6. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    After 2 month play with AT700 and now I'm using my TC700 back, and I feel TC700 is the best :D :D

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    GP-80 should be essentially the same but ISO.. I have not tested my GP-80 yet though.

/Twobeer.

8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Thanks Twobeer, from the website, it does seem that GP80 probably fits what I was asking.

BTW, have you tried Forza racquets before ? I am quite interested in them, but they are not available here in this part of the world and it is quite expensive to order them from UK.

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yea.. I have tried many FZ rackets..

I currently own TI-22,Ti-28,Ti-45 Kevlar 200 :) ..last one I tried from a friend was ti-550 S ...

All these rackets (with possible exception of ti-22) are great rackets!!

/Twobeer

10. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    ^
    great but not as great like TC700 rite? :D

11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Nope.. TC700 is the king :)

/Twobeer

12. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    i see your view bout GP88 @twobeer and decide not take that type :D thanks for sacrife that much :p

13. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    @twobeer

I thought I am crazy as I have quite alot of racquets, but I think I don't even come close to you, chinese saying "there's always another mountain that is higher" ;p

I am interested in the Ti. 400 N-Forze TT as the specs seems suitable for me.

#213 teoky, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yea, New rackets are fun!!! But I have not tried the ti-400, looking at the sponsored players using forza here this model seems not to be so popular..
    have you looked at the Kevlar 110 N-power TT, I think that model seems to be more popular and similar speced ?!?

If you try it let us know, your findings :) I always like to find out stuff about rackets :-D

/Twobeer

#214 twobeer, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  15. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

The last time I played with the TC700, it was just crap.
    I gave it another try a few days ago and I had gotten used to it a bit more.
    Not so forgiving, but it's really powerful IMO, about the same as an AT700 3U and more responsive, better solid feel.
    Defending is also much easier with the TC700 than the AT700. Full-on smashes are easier with the more forgiving AT700 though, and I keep getting the timing wrong with the TC700 for that :p.. Still need getting used to.

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Keep working on that timing.. It is well worth it to find that "bang" :)

IMO, AT700 has a larger sweetspot, but that is about the only thing I can think of to the ATs advantage.. Thw power is really there to tap in the TC..even more so than in the AT.. Power in smashes, control in defence, quickness and precision (stability, stiffness, torsion-stiffness), are all better with the TC700.. god, I sound like a mizuno marketing rep :D :)

/Twobeer

17. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Did you reach the shuttle too early? When I played sealman's TC700, that's the problem I found on a full-on smash. I kept hitting the top of the racket. On a wrist smash, the TC700 did show that it has a lot of power in reserve -- that's the only smash I manage to hit. With proper timing, I'm quite sure the smashes are going to be huge. Didn't dare to try any further in fear to break his string.

18. modious

modious Regular Member

Please do test them out as I'm interested to get the GP 80. :p

[​IMG]

I've re-strung my Mizuno Mystic Power 900 (top end model in 2004) as I'm thinking of switching back to Mizuno again. ;)

[​IMG]

19. modious

modious Regular Member

Mongoose used to have some Forza rackets. There isn't a need to try them as Mizuno rackets are generally better. ;)

The finishing/paintwork of the FZ rackets were not very impressive previously. Not too sure about the quality now though.

20. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    @modius

So how are you going to get the Mizuno GP80 ? Let me know if you are getting it, maybe we can share the shipping cost if you are ordering it overseas.

Wonder how Mongoose got his Forza as it is not available this part of the world. The current series seems pretty good in terms of the quality and also the technology used.

I am quite impressed with the TC700 in terms of the quality and finishing, if all other Mizuno's racquets are the same, then I must say it is pretty good !

Unfortunately, the model I got is only meant for monster players like Twobeer ! Me just can't use it effectively !