Information about GGBC2 - Emeryville

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by jbanoop, Feb 13, 2009.

1. jbanoop

jbanoop Regular Member

Hi,
    I have just moved to SFO and am staying in the El Cerrito Plaza region. I intend to come to the GGBC in Emeryville from the next week onwards to play and I had some questions around how to reach there and others. I am listing my questions below. Please pardon me if any of them are irrelevant or silly. Any responses would be really helpful.

1) How do I get to GGBC2 from El Cerrito ? I was thinking I will take the BART to McArthur Station. Can I use the Emery Go-Around shuttle to reach close to GGBC2 ?

2) I do not have a car now and I was wondering how safe it would be to use public transit & walking if i were to come there in the evening/night ?

3) I do not have any partner right now. Would I find people to play with if I show up there on my own ?

4) Do I need to carry the shuttlecocks with me or can I buy them from there ?

Any answers would be very helpful.
    Regards,

2. Hall0

Hall0 Regular Member

#1. Take BART to McArthur, and then take the free Emery-Go-Round shuttle. You can take the Powell or BART Shopper, get off at 40th and Horton, and walk ~2 blocks. Pay attention to their schedule though. Other alternative is to take AC Transit bus.

#3. Depends.

#4. They sell shuttles.

3. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Thank you HALLO

Hi Hallo..

Thank you for doing our job for us! It is nice of you to do so! :D

Regards, GG Sally

4. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

GG will find partners for you...

5. jbanoop

jbanoop Regular Member

Hi,
    Thank you all for the help. I also would appriciate it if someone could give general pointers on question # 2.
    I will aso try to visit the location once, just to get an idea of it myself.

Thanks again for the help,
    Regards,

6. tonster

tonster Regular Member

Software Engineering : Yahoo!
    Information about GGBC2 - Emeryville: public transportation

Hi:

I also don't have a car. I sold it about a year ago and only take public transportation.

I see that you live in El Cerrito, so you can take BART and transfer to Emeryville shuttle or take the 57 AC transit. I ride my bike to the BART station at night to McArthur.

Personally I would not walk in that area, it's not a safe area for walking. To answer your question, be extra careful at night no matter where you are.

Tony

7. tonster

tonster Regular Member

Software Engineering : Yahoo!
    Information about GGBC2 - Emeryville: public transportation

Oh, a slight correction. I don't recommend walking to BART. But if you took 57 or Emeryville shuttle and BART, it's totally fine. You'll only have to walk 1 block from GGBC to the bus stop, which is safe.

Tony

8. jbanoop

jbanoop Regular Member

Thanks for the info Tony. I visited GGBC2 yesterday with my friend (that was by car). I will try the bus route out (BART -> AC Transit 57) today.
    Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
    Anoop

9. jbanoop

jbanoop Regular Member

Hi All,
    Made it to GGBC2 and back (BART -> AC Transit ) on 02/21. I had a nice time there and looking forward to more. Thanks for all the help.

- Anoop