What Are You Doing To PROMOTE Badminton

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by badwally, Feb 12, 2009.

1. RacketlonCanada

RacketlonCanada Regular Member

Racketlon.ca webmaster
    I'm a level 2 coach, I teach kids the passion for the sport.

And lately I've joined the Racketlon Canada board of directors and I'm looking to promote racket sport interest in the world. I say forget about who's the best between ping-pong, badminton, squash and tennis (they're all so much fun, even though I have a preference for badminton :))

Racket sports, unite! Combined, we can crush any sport in the world by mass and media coverage.

Try a racketlon tournament everybody!

#21 RacketlonCanada, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  2. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I always mention badminton in front of my friends.
    I wear YY tee twice a week to my university with one tee printed China at the back :D
    I am using YY's mini bag as pencil case.
    I am using YY's bottle.... :D
    When my friends or other students see the logo YY, they will think of badminton :D
    I try to drag them to play badminton also :D

3. winstonchan

winstonchan Regular Member

CBO (Chief Babysitting Officer)
    i guess you are promoting YY more than badminton... YY also do golf and tennis, so if you think you are promoting badminton, you're just promoting 1/3 of YY business...

pick up a few used rackets, a tube of cheap shuttles, and visit the poor remote villages of China, play with the kids and put a smile on their faces...

my hats off to anyone who will do that. promoting badminton does not need money, does not need brand, does not need anything, it just needs your heart to put a smile on those who play with you, and make them love badminton, make them feel loved...

#23 winstonchan, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  4. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

because many of my friends and students in my university don't know YY also engage in other businesses like golf and tennis. So, when I am using YY stuff, they will think of badminton ;)

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Promoting Badminton

suetyan ... I agree with winstonchan.

You are promoting Yonex more than Badminton.

:):):)

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    I'd say: "Never mind... because badminton too is getting promoted." :)

7. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

for them YY = Badminton :D
    I want them to know more about badminton, instead of NBA, FIFA :D
    If time is allowed, I would like to held a friendly match with all classmates in my class :D

8. smashingmark

smashingmark Regular Member

In Malaysia badminton is big however there are a few angles we need to look at to promote it.

1. more and more people feel its getting more expensive. Cost of shuttles are reaching RM 60-70 a dozen. If the game is too costly it will discourage people from playing.

2. I think the top players should endorse the game by doing more workshops or to do some ads in TV or the net to encourage the young ones or to build more hype to the game.

3. Goverment needs to come up with more awareness/ground events in the country to promote it in M'sia.

4. Its good that astro shows more LIVE games however they should come up with a panel of pundits to talk about the game.

As for me how do I promote the sport?
    1. I try to be an ambassador like the many other badminton bloggers. I write a blog to promote the game called smashingmark, I write about my past experience when I represented the state, what I have learnt and my views of the game. I hope this blog will reach out to the many people who are interested in the sport.

2. I play the game as often as I can and our group of friends constantly advice each other on tips to improve.

3. The cost is something we all are concern and I manage to get some average rackets for a cheap price of RM 60. Those interested to let me know.

thats all for now folks..

majulah sukan untuk negara :p
    smashingmark