What is still lacking in LCW?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by xymaerts, Mar 8, 2009.

1. chirigamii

chirigamii Regular Member

I don't really understand all you said (sorry I said it my english is very poor:D), but I can't understand : when you enter in sport you want to prove to yourself and others maybe that you can be the best, but on your own. If one day I was in a tournament in a semi final I would be very disappointed if I had an arrangement with my oppenent to be sure to reach the final in the best conditions.
    I really asked myself : is LD thinking of that? I mean does he ask himself questions like "would it be the same if I didn't had arrangement?", "Am I really the best?"...I don't mean especially about this all england, bubt this kind of "cheat" is not the first with china.

2. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    its not his BAD habit, its the most wonderful habit he has! :) its a first thing I was impressed by him, and this makes him real HERO

3. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    The culture and mentaility is very different between where you live and China... you may think it is not fair, but to them, it really doesn't matter what you think as long as they are getting their job done, and that means everyone on the team is making some money to live, and the coaches get to keep their jobs.

By the time, we are all gone from this world, the history book will only mention the winners of each tournament and not "HOW" the winners end up winning the tournament.:cool:

4. mazinkaiser

mazinkaiser Regular Member

Network Consulting Engineer
    I say even if LD play CJ to the rubber game, he would still whip LCW just the same way. You guys have to remember, these are world class atheletes, they train 8 hours a day. Especially now under 21 point system, physical fatique is not an issue for these guys. They only play ONE 21x3 MATCH per day while they are used to train 8 hours a day. So whether LD plays CJ 1.5 games or 3 close games, it would not matter to him. LD would still whip LCW the same way.

5. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

Are you sure LCW is not just training with the Nintendo Wii against Hafiz and friends during those 8 hours a day training??? I mean he lacks good sparring partners in Malaysia... haha... maybe the "expert" mode in the Nintendo Wii is more of a challenge for him;)

6. chirigamii

Yes you are totally right, a question a culture and mentallity I think. And that's why I hate beyond all : "you had to be the best or you are fired, or "useless".
    I know that history book will only mentions the winners, but the history between badminton players will also mention the unfair of china team (many badminton players know that, and speak about it on website like badmintoncentral), the judges linecall in china and korea, and so on, history will remember too how LD is consider as an antipathetic player in the circuit even if he's the best player. And history book will remember LCW as well, like Shon Seung Mo even it's just for one moment:)

7. chirigamii

The fact that they had hard training doesn't mean that they are not humans. Their matchs are more difficult than yours or mine. So yes they are more resitant but they have harder matchs too. I think it has an importance.

8. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Don't think LCW is lacking in anything. He is the closest LD has got for a true sweat out match.

9. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

I think you are wrong about the last facts, his girlfriend was Malaysia no. 1 WS player Wong May Choo :D same as LD.

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Don't think Ld's closest opponent would be the toughest opponent for him.And Lee Chong WEi is the toughest opponent for him, period.
    LCW could beat Lin Dan ( which is debatable by most ) , well, come again, Lin dan is no God.No matter how good he was, Lin dan is beatable.
    Finding excuses is not the best way to have a win over Lin Dan later.Be it the unethical arrangement etc, Chong Wei has no one to put the blame on, but himself.That's how it goes.

But, to see the crowds cheering for him, in the arena, BC and at home, i could understand the whole meaning of Malaysians' support.That is priceless.Any big title could not pay for it.
    So, if u ask me whether LCW's lack of anything, he isn't.He is fighting till the end.As long as he's trying to do smash, stay on the game, and keen for the next title,other things would be less important.
    Bravo Chong Wei.

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Yeah..and Wmc's not less pretty, charming than XXF.
    Better player?
    well, let's say WMC vs XXF is more or less, at par with LD vs LCW.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There we go. You need all of these to beat Lin Dan:
    1) the smash to beat LD's defence
    2) the reaction to cope with LD's sudden injection of pace into the shuttle (this is his biggest weapon)
    3) big match mentality to close out the game when at 15 or 16 points are reached.

This is why LCW, as good as he is, can only win a couple of times against LD.

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

What is LCW still missing??? I would say true quality when playing away from home.

I would also say the only way now for LCW to win that AE is for BAM to talk to IBF and the English BA to franchise out the AE, you know something along the McDonalds model. This way, we can have the AE in KL or KK or Johor Bahru or better still Bukit Mertajam as LCW being a village WR1 champion is more comfortable at home. It is not easy playing in England. Its chilly over there. The food is weird. Parents not around. No Akademi Fantasia on tv there.

14. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    He has to use psy war one day before the final, like TH did to beat LD.:cool:
    No need to upgrade girlfriend or meat on the skin.:D

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Realistically, I see LCW winning AE when LD somehow breaks a leg (preferably LD's own leg).

16. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

This is Misbun comment.. Perhaps this is what LCW lack off

“In terms of standard, I will still say that very little separates them. Lin Dan has variety in his attacking armoury and, maybe, this is one area Chong Wei will have to work on.”

17. sudirman

sudirman Regular Member

Watching Chongwei vs LD live is really exciting, 2 best players in the world.

Although I agree with bananakid, exaggerate how much benefit lindan got from his draw is really lame. slightly injured CJ can hardly do any damage to LD. Be honest, Chongwei is the closest one to LD but still there's an edge, we have to admit it, Lin dan's smashes are far more superior. chongwei's smashes just can't kill. Lin Dan has improved his net shots during the 3 months training which makes him almost unbeatable ( i said almost).

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Only a "maybe"???

19. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Misbun needs to be honest with himself and LCW... LCW lacks so many things in his game and his mind, that he loses to anyone of Taufik, Bao, Gade, and Chen Jin when one of them has a "good day" so to speak.

Meanwhile, Lin Dan will still beat all of them even if any one of them has a good day. That's the biggest difference between LCW and Lin Dan.

Just look at the power and accuracy(also being able to smash under difficult positions) of Lin Dan, then compare it with LCW... big difference.
    Most of LCW's smashes can be retreived by Gade, and pals at least 75% of the time, but when it comes to Lin Dan's, the % goes down significantly.

When Lin Dan gets to about 16 points or so, very rare that he can close the match, whereas LCW tends to have trouble doing so when against similar level players.

Not to mention the fact that "STILL" LCW has not won a tournament outside of Malaysia ever since being world ranking #1 EVER!!! that's a lot of tournaments we are talking about.

20. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Wahaha and that is perfectly fitting with this statement from cooler too:

:)

I think it's true that LCW will always be better as a number 2 than a number 1...

#80 phaarix, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009