What is still lacking in LCW?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by xymaerts, Mar 8, 2009.

1. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

LCW is indeed a very good player but Misbun stated the exact reason why he loses so badly now...

If you lose out a little on almost every field of the game and a lot on the attack & confidence... how do you expect to win? LCW lacks in deception also, hes such a textbook badminton player that I no longer enjoy seeing him play.

Also I got no idea why ppls say LCW is fitter than Lin Dan... not because he is skinny and has like 7% bodyfat that he is fitter... he has no where the reaction time of LD, LD rushes to his shots at a much higher speed.

2. ggsam

ggsam Regular Member

LD is obvious the biggest winner under 21 point system. Fast and furious. I don't think anyone could match up his speed and power at current. Skill player like TH or peter might had slight advantages under 15 point system, but not 21 point, bcause they always amied for precision and shuttle placing, which mean more error might occur.For LCW, i would say his games are so predictable and monotonous. He is nomatch againt LD. Feel sorry for him.

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Well said....Koo_fan..........

When LCW was a new player in the arena....LD already WR No.1......LCW started to train hard....keep improving......from year...to year.....getting closer...and closer to LD.........and now the 2nd best player next to LD.....
    thats the results of his hard work..........his efforts...all these days......although he is not as talented as LD....but...no one shd deny his determination to be the best..........one day....so I am proud of what he achieved...so far..............Keep it up LCW...........there's always next meeting.....with LD.........dont give up......

4. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

There is nothing lacking in LCW.

He is the best MS and most prolific that malaysia could produce since Wong Peng Soon (actually S'pore) and Eddy Choong.

Misbun dazzle the MS stage for a while but his play was anachronistic and got blasted away.

Rashid was technically superior to the brother and far fitter. But still lacked physical and mental strength to stay consistent.

Ong Ewe Hock was like Foo Kok Keong but pack a good smash. But lacked finesese and physically weaker than his peers in the top flight.

Yong Hock Kin was the better hope. Naturally gifted. Good foot work and play badminton with a sort of ease that Morten Frost would describe his movement like Ballet . His carreer was destroyed by the Nipah Virus.

Wong Choong Hann, the most Chinese Like Singles Player M'sia produced. But still lack consistency.

Hafiz, immensely gifted but could not take the fire.

LCW had surpassed all of them save for those in the 50s. Most consistent. Just count how many finals have he graced for the pass two years.

LCW is LCW, LD is LD.

LD is one of those exceptional athlete in the mold of Thing Hien Hiow.

His muscles twitch one milisecond faster than the rest. Remember he was rejected by the national youth training camp for lack of talent. that is because they thought his natural skill ability was lacking compare to the rest.

But He trained with the Army wing and that where his faster than lighning reflexes came from.

Since OG 08 the pressure is off, He is more relax and less tense this has turned him into another sort of player. When he retires, you wont see China having another LD but more Chen Hong Bao Chun Lai and Sun Jun type of Players because it will take another 10 years to find a boy with muscles like LD.

As for LCW, he should relax now and go be himself. No point imtating another style of play when you end up just being a poorer copy of the other.

He should revert to the old LCW and hone his deceptive style and defence. He should also choose tournaments to best conserve energy.

Let those struggling youngsters try to put a mark for themselves go for every SS. LCW should concentrate on the coming WC and hope some viru inflect LD then.

LCW wins more tournament when he is N0 2 or 3.

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LD has proven in the AE that he is the best. I have to swallow my pride when I say LCW is only 2tnd best

6. williamtan2020

williamtan2020 Regular Member

sales
    Retire....

Retire....yes, if any of them players thinks he's only good enough to be second best.

7. williamtan2020

williamtan2020 Regular Member

sales
    If you're holding tickets in the arena of course the boleh spirit is there. You should try seeing the reaction in local pubs or coffe shops. At the Olympic finals the crowd is.....what should I say....restless....all they want to see is LCW giving SuperDan a run for his money but he ended up as Dan's whipping boy not once, not twice, not thrice but for how many consecutive matches now...?? C'mon LCW, get a set off Dan in your next match and give us something to really shout about.

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Depends which crowd you're in, there're many (around 80 to 90% in fact) who actually thought 'sure lose'. If one study the reaction of the general public for some time, that's more the reality of it than the so called boleh spirit.

9. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

limsy, you don't get my point from the Chinese old saying?

LCW is LCW, he is already a very good player. Without LD's presence, he could be the best player now. However, LD exists. LD is the best then.

LCW is not LD, you should not expect him to learn from LD and play LD's way to beat LD. This may be already LCW's best. Don't forget LD is one year younger than LCW...

LCW is already trying his best, but his best could not yet match LD's best, or LD's 80% of his best, at least now, and the foreseable future...

10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Well said Sonny, absolutely share your view...

LCW is already doing his best. Whether there would be another one better than him is out of his control...

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I think Lee chong wei should play like Lee Hyun-il, as in last year korea open final, play a very patience game. thats the only way to win

12. epaphroditus

epaphroditus Regular Member

There is nothing lacking in LCW. LD is simply a better player in terms of skills & mental toughness. I think LCW played pretty well in AE final but just couldn't match up with LD. Perhaps he could get some tips from Nadal. At once, Nadal was considered as "Jaguh Clay", but his will & mental toughness have transformed him into world #1 not just on paper. He has proven that he could beat Federer in numerous occasions. Hope LCW could one be the same one day.

13. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Why always Nadal....
    The guy is so much younger than Federer, while LCW is older than LD....

14. epaphroditus

epaphroditus Regular Member

One year older will not make much different :D

15. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    LCW still can not hold burden as Malaysia's only hope..

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    can i buy 1 year of your youth for a dime?

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    would that cut down on the bolehing:confused::D

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haiya...explain on ur word of FEAR....;)

19. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

I do agree with you that LCW looks more like a textbook player, all his shots are sort of predicted by Lindan, just try to replay AE09 in slow-mo, you'll notice the difference..... which personally think that LD is taught by intention to specifically beat LCW, probably the Chinese Team acknowledge that LCW will be the one to beat in the next 2-3 years..... anyways, WE ALL STILL SUPPORT LCW!! now probably he should focus on how to beat LD as LD will also be the one to be in the coming years!! GO GO LCW LETS GO!!

20. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I actually second this opinion. LCW indeed looked confused and reluctant when facing LD after OG. I guess this is because the performance of LD in OG totally exceeded LCW's expectation. Now LCW, when on court, has no idea what LD can do to his shots. I think LCW will do better and better as he plays more and more against LD, along the way establishing a new "model".