What is still lacking in LCW?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by xymaerts, Mar 8, 2009.

1. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

You are wrong friend. LCW was the most humble person I ever meet. When he came to my town in Kuching, Sarawak for training few years ago, I went to chat with him after his practice and he treat me like a friend that he know for a long time even though that is the first time I meet him.:)

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    May be Chong Wei need the coach who will not take the loss likely(Li Mao comes to mind), I think Misbun is too nice and gracious after defeat. Is all propagate from the top, if the coach is "chin chai"(easy going) then student also "chin chin chai chai" :D
    Chong Wei needs to be more aggressive besides just train hard.

3. ^Tayo^

^Tayo^ Regular Member

I go with the belief that LD is a lefty and that all the greatest players that I like were lefties (Peter Rasmussen, YangYang, Xuaxiang Xie, etc.. ), I also include Nadal, even though he's a Tennis player but he's just awesome over the rest. As a lefty player myself, I denote a lot game perceptions which a righty can never achieve, for example righties keep lifting unconsciously to our forehand as if they think it's our backhand or weak spot or something, I mean wtf? If you righties keep wondering why, then ask yourselves why are we able to do so many smashes? Also our brain motor skills are more developped than righties, having said that even though i have the utmost respect for LCW for his footwork but LD not he only have mastered those footwork but his shot technics as way sharper than LCW. I can keep going with the list that I experience as lefty (like we're more patience, perfectionist, etc..) but I don't want to want to spoil this threat. Also bear in mind that these comments are purely and solely subjectives. That's just my 2 cents. hehehe.

4. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

I totally agree with you 100% on this fact because I'm also lefty :D:D:D

5. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    How stupid do you think a player would be to not recognise the swapped side for forehand/backhand with a left-handed opponent?!

6. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Just try to find ANY player who can take a set off of LD; taufik, CJ, BCL, PG, LCW, PSH, SDK; none of them can.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    woooah, hold ur horses, remember, u r still under training:p

8. Destricto_Ense

Student
    I don't seem to be learning much from my presumptive mentor..

9. ^Tayo^

^Tayo^ Regular Member

As suspected, some readers took it as a fireball hehehe. And you're it. Like Forrest Gump said "stupid is as stupid does". However I don't think that LCW is stupid, he's in fact an exceptional player and that LD is not an unbeatable player. My set of reasonings is purely Shakespearian, "there's a method to every madness". A Murphy's law by which you can't prove and only can be stated as "it's the way it is". So who's stupid?

10. Destricto_Ense

Student
    That's a very poetic way of saying nothing discernible.

11. ^Tayo^

^Tayo^ Regular Member

High five. Forgot to add in my list my important star Fu Haifeng, the lefty with the biggest smash :)

12. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    well true but u know I am here defending INA's pride. If I am not here who is there to defend INA's pride against constant bullying from our beloved friend MAS??? Well u see other INA's bcers never actually opposed me directly. I even received PMs endorsing me as I just speak my mind. I do encourage more INA bcers to speak their mind.......lets face it INA and MAS are not fond of each other anyway. so it is understandable if I am wishing for all MAS players to get knocked out as early as possible.....

13. Destricto_Ense

Student
    d65up2, you are doing Indonesia a disservice in your attack on Malaysian players. I don't see evidence of dislike for Malaysia from other members.. in fact, I saw the opposite in the National Indoor Arena when I saw Malaysia fans cheering Indonesian players.

14. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Tell me, what INA pride is exactly there to defend, considering not a single Pelatnas player made it past QF and no INA representative is in the final?
    And where the heck is this "constant bullying from our beloved friend MAS" ??? Did any MAS ever posted, "I hope INA doesn't win a single title tomorrow!!!" or "Hopefully no title for MAS, that'll be good" or calling an INA players arrogant without any proof, while the overwhelming evidence point to the contrary?? If there's any bullying, its all been coming out of your mouth, not to mention your favorite habit of dragging politics to baddy forum for God knows how many times.

Never oppose you directly? Funny, I'm sure this isn't the first time I've butted head with you and unless you've been living under a rock, I think its pretty clear to see that I'm a pretty staunch INA fans!
    Since you encouraging ppl to speak their mind, here's one for you. Stop embarrasing your beloved ibu pertiwi by acting like an uneducated preman. All you've succesfully achieve is implanting the stereotype of how unreasonable and rude Indonesians are!

Should've heed my own advice....where the heck is Oldhand when you need him.. :p

#154 badadum, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Constant bullying by Malaysians? Indonesia & Malaysia not fond of each other? Pak, ini bukan cakap main main.

You may want to reconsider your above claims. Personally, I got no problems with Indonesia or Indonesians and I am sure many Malaysians feel the same way. Infact, I love Indonesia. I love nasi padang, Hotel Mulia, CJ's bar, girls in Jakarta, Peterpan, Bali, Agnes Monica, Luna Maya.

Malaysia and Indonesia are actually like brothers, dude. Our KLIA, Twin Towers and even that Flagpole were built by you guys.

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    What is still lacking in LCW?

Isn't that obvious? Major titles la...

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

On the dot, bro. On the dot!

18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Malaysians should and must keep cheering for him. What kind of national spirit are you showing when you keep bashing him for finishing second?

Look at, for example, Marcos Baghdatis from Cyprus. What major titles has he won? Yet, everywhere he goes (especially in the Australian Open), he got the full support from the Greek community even when he loses. That's nice to see, instead of boos from his own people.

19. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

same answer,
    1) Is wrong for Malaysians to keep on chanting Malaysia Boleh
    2) He feel disgusted seeing Malaysians supporting our players, if win, most is shallow win or home titles, or beating second stringers only....
    3) LCW and the rest is wasting our taxpayers money...coz i think he pays a lot, maybe the rest of Malaysia Bcers didnt pay income tax or dont care....
    4) Malaysia already have biggest bla bla bla in the world, but cant even win
    a major titles in badminton, he is so sick with that...
    :cool::cool::cool::cool:

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

What LCW is lacking...................i think its ......genuine 100 % support from his own country fellas......................What he gets only...non stopping bashing............even though he had trained hard.......being so consistent
    in his game...........trying so hard to play good badminton.......for Malaysia............never give up trying to beat LD..........and yet still get the bombarded.............poor him.....:(