China Open Final

Discussion in 'Hong Kong / Chinese Taipei / China Open 2003' started by cool_angel, Nov 15, 2003.

1. SJ_Tan

SJ_Tan Regular Member

Student
    Melancholy too perhaps? Yeah..if only he knew in KL that we..or I for that matter is still happy and proud of him! :D

2. chen zi

chen zi Regular Member

student
    i really think that it was unfair for the zhu walkover,but now is useless.choong/lee try your best!!!now ,i was so tired after this ms final.choong/lee,try your best!

3. SJ_Tan

SJ_Tan Regular Member

Student
    Haha..oh well what to do right? U win some u lose some.

Whoa..u mean u felt tired for Choong Hann? :D

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Gao/Huang beated Yang/Zhang - 15:8, 15:12.

I'll start another message for the coming men doubles match (should be started in ~5 minutes).

5. cool_angel

cool_angel Regular Member

I think the real winner is Choong Hann. China played cheating. They rested Lin Dan so that he has enough energy. I think this is unfair to CH.

6. SJ_Tan

SJ_Tan Regular Member

Student
    Now now..we don't know for sure what really happened. Well at least Choong Hann won the Taiwan Open and made it to the finals right?

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Maybe its team orders.. anyway we will see how they fare each other if they face each other again..

8. chen zi

chen zi Regular Member

student
    i means that i was tired after ms and i want to rest for a while lah!(cause i can't afford the result lah)what i can sure is i will support choong hann forever lah ,how can i will felt tired with he.u had misunderstanding what i means;)

9. chen zi

chen zi Regular Member

student
    yes, this really unfair for choong hann ,but what we can do now?we can't do anything !!

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Keep supporting him and encouraging him. Don't criticise him when he is not doing well and trying his best.

11. chen zi

chen zi Regular Member

student
    whenever he had lost any competition or open,i even criticise him :) and sad for him only lah.after this will continue support choong hann again;)

12. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

Resting Lin is something we all can see and the reasons are obvious, considering his qf opponent. There're other things that went on in the stadium that anybody who knows a bit about badminton, the audience, the journalists, the umpires, the coaches, the other players, and most importantly Wong CH and Lin Dan know that you can't tell from your TV screen or your computer screen.

All i can say is, zhang jun has no right to criticise Kim/Ra skipping the Open for fear that they'll be treated unfairly by assuming China would be like the Koreans playing dirty. I am no WCH supporter, but I really symphatise with WCH for having to bear all the cr*p of the Chinese. As if Bao's intentional loss to Xia during WC wasn't good enough, they wouldn't even let him off in just an Open.

Sorry to all Chinese supporters out there. This is not directed at you all nor the players, but those self-proclaimed patriotic people up there who orchestrated all these acts. I mean, for god's sake, this is only an Open.

13. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    Indeed, these acts not only hurt the games big time, the big losers are the players. I really hope LiYBo will retire after the Olympics, and someone steps in to clean the acts. But, I am really doubtful that will happen. The Chinese mentality is out there to win no matter what.

IBF's hands are tied, bullied by the untouchable! Half mast for IBF.

14. Ang Kong

Ang Kong New Member

The dirty tactic is down right appalling. I think the Malaysian team should file a formal complaint and the IBF should come down hard on such dirty play.

Go, Choon Hann !
    Malaysia BOLEH !!

15. SJ_Tan

SJ_Tan Regular Member

Student
    Haha i see..Chill man i was just kidding! More of a joke than a misunderstanding. :D:p

Oh..i know i couldn't stand it when Choong Hann lost..i felt so sad for him :(

Of course u can feel tired for him ler! haha..u can feel mentally tired for him! :p Oh wells..;)

16. SJ_Tan

SJ_Tan Regular Member

Student
    Well i won't criticise Wong CH after this..i mean that would be really mean and harsh cos its not easy being a badminton player cos u have to please the fans, critics, coaches and of course urself...oh and not to mention take all the cr*p too..

SO..I will continue to support him, cheer and encourage him till the end!! Eheheh! :) ^____^

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LOL, i feel tired just from reading this thread:p

18. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

Isn't there a rule that states you can't use umpires from the home country when the home player is playing in the final?! :rolleyes: Apparently WCH got faulted for service two times in the 2nd half of the 2nd game and when LD served, he was awarded the point even tho WCH raised his hand to ask for a let.

More unfortunately, there is no rule in the IBF that says you cannot switch off the aircon in the middle of a match to distract ur opponent and mess up his game when he is leading because he is on the side of the court where the wind was an advantage, even though you took advantage of that same wind in the first game. :mad:

19. rejang

rejang Regular Member

Hi Nauknip: is that what happened? If it is, is is a total disgrace!! These (China) guys have no sportsmanship at all! I mean no offence to all the China fans out there by this comment.
    In fact if you were a China fan, how do you feel?? Fair play?

20. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    What did Zhang Jun say about Korean officials? Ouch!