How to beat Lin Dan? Advice to Lee CW

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by 2cents, Mar 9, 2009.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u have a point, the closer the repeat matches the higher the chances. Look at the 06 AG, LD beat TH twice, and lost the 3rd match to TH in the same week. Of course, TH fans only remembered and talked about the last match. Selective memory loss from the TH fans too;)

2. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

As much as I wan CW to beat Lin Dan, I guess it's still not gonna be this time. Based on quarter final and semi final results, LCW was made to work so hard to earn a victory, I guess that is already a bad sign. Hopefully Chong Wei still can beat him.

3. kyiyu

kyiyu Regular Member

General Manager
    Same goes with me...as much as I love LCW to win, I still believe that winner could only be LD.
    With the current form of LD, he is one notch above any one of current Men single batch... and not because of LCW's tough path to Final.

4. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    He should have a better game against Lin dan compared to what he'd done in Olympic, and AE.
    Keep improving and trying.He should be able to do this.

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Can LCW beat LD more times at the net? :eek:

I think this is the key.

If LCW managed to trouble LD at the net and cause him to make more mistakes it will result in LD having to lift more for LCW to execute his full blooded jump smash.

"Full-blooded" because anything short of it will only enable LD to retrieve easily as he has superior footwork.

So the strategy for LCW should be:

Be brave enough to try more net play and SMASH at the earliest opportunity. Don't hold back!

I hope LCW has enough strength and stamina to last the distance though. :(

6. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

yes it's hammer if looking from their latest head-to-head record, edge is a more humble word as there are so many CW bolehians... :D

although the difference between LD and LCW is not 100%-0, but it looks like to shift towards 80%-20% from maybe 65%-35% last year. Just have a look on their head-to-head record from BWF website:

http://www.internationalbadminton.o...txtName1=dan&txtName2=chong+wei&Submit=Search

WINNING RATIO - (Dan LIN) 11: 3 (Chong Wei LEE)

(maybe 11:4 if include their match-up in team event last year)

what I like to say is that even LCW win this time, it might just be the case that his 20% finally comes, YET unless he could further increase his winning rate over LD stably, even a win this time could not be regarded as an improvement as a whole.

7. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Don't forget that LD can learn from their previous game as well... not just LCW ;).

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Thanks, got to kick the habit. :cool:

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Well, true.

I got worried for one thing, the more they play against each other, the more LD can read his game.Damn, Ld 's good doing that!

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

LD can improve by cutting down on the low backhand unforced errors

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I was told LD played only 70% of his full strenght in AE Final. So LD can easily improve by plays his 85% or higher........;)

12. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

1. LD did improved a lot on his net play in the past 2 years. He used to be toyed by TH (when TH was at his best) on net plays, but still like to suicidally confronted with TH with net plays and lost many points. LD's net play now is more or less in the same level with TH/LCW.

2. Apart from LD's improvement on net plays, he also player smarter and not blindly continue to play at the net even not in a good position. No longer suicidal continuous net play, but decided to lift the shuttle when he's not in a good net play position, i.e. lifting the shuttle is part of his controlled play, not a last rescue decision.

3. As LD's lifting is no longer a last minute change of play, the quality is normally good and most of the lifting would not give good or plenty chance to his opponent to smash.

the biggest problem LCW facing LD is that LD plays in a more mature and controlled way with better consistency.

I think LCW should be more focus on how to control his own game instead of focusing on the attempt to disrupt LD's game and end up being led by LD's play rhythm.

If LCW could make the least mistakes, the game would be closer.

13. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

that's the terrible thing that LCW could not overcome...

and I also think LCW's coaches is a problem... they always like to find excuse from others other than focusing on how to improve LCW's own game.

It would be too bad if LCW also pick up the same habit and limit his own development, which very much relies on a player's own mentality (i.e. how would you handle a set-back? find some escape-goat reasons or no-one to blame but yourselves and find your own weak areas for improvement?)

14. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    There are many different approach from different coaches. Chinese coaches are very aggressive and empahsize a lot on offense, that's create opportunity to attack while the Malaysian counterparts believe in overall game, a little bit of everything like "rojak". Certainly each of the phylosophy has it merit and winning or losing really boils down to player exercution. If Chong Wei able to exercute close to flawless, I believe his long-rally defensive style can win.
    Certainly I like to see Chong Wei play like Lin Dan go full assault but that strategy may backfire as he's not built to play that kind of style.
    I suspect Chong Wei will use the same strategy to play against Lin Dan in Swiss Open just like in All England, chance are not very good to win but ...
    All the best to Chong Wei and lets see how Rashid handles his first big test as a head coach.

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

let's see how this 2 man play again tonight:)

16. jensen9173

jensen9173 Regular Member

When LCW see LD face, i guess LCW must recall back his history against LD :crying:. I think LCW need to attack more against LD whereas LD seldom defence. :p

17. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Lee chong wei , i think will meet Chen Jin in Swiss open 2009 final, Lin dan will let Chen jin , win this time

18. jensen9173

19. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Ok thanks bro for your info, i think Lee chong wei will win this time, cause Lin Dan is prefer to win bigger events like All Englang , Sudraman cup, Asian championship and World championship

20. jensen9173

NP! mate, We pray for LCW to win the title at least 1 title in swiss open if not 2 from KKK/TBH.Well, if can 2 will much better:D BTW did you watch badminton?:confused: or play badminton?:confused: