Armortec 900P advice?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by HDoan, Apr 6, 2009.

1. HDoan

HDoan Regular Member

Student
    What would be some good strings for a At900P? I don't want to get it stringed often because I don't want to risk the racquet getting deformed or cracked. What are some good strings that last quite awhile? Also what is the best place to get your racquet strung in Calgary, Alberta?

2. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Hmm well if you want a long lasting string, maybe it might be worth your while to shell out the extra few bucks for Yonex Nanogy 95 or 98 (the 98 is the thinner of the two so it won't be as durable of course). Otherwise I would recommend BG-65 or BG-70pro for durability. But then again, this all depends on the tension that you are planning to play at. I would also recommend Ashaway MicroPower/MicroLegend (I honestly can't remember which one it was I used but it lasted me the longest out of any string I've used).

The AT900P has a solid frame though, so the constant stringing shouldn't deform or crack it at all.

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    If you want power, take NBG95 but it lacks feel. For tension holding, take BG70PRO which lacks a bit in feel and power. Take BG65 for good feel, but the tension drops fast, so string ~2lbs tighter.

4. invisbear

invisbear Regular Member

student
    my 900p and my fd's nanospd9000 both have our bg95string broken today :D
    lasted me about 3months intense use (10up hours every week) + misshits +torture:p both at 22lb

I say it is a pretty all round string with very good durability, holds tension well too

5. HDoan

HDoan Regular Member

Student
    xD Yeah I noticed that the BG65 tension does wear off fast, only took a week or two for it to drop. Like I'm pretty sure that my tensions is around 24-26lbs with the BG65. Today I saw some tears in some strings that seem to be starting to break. Would the BG65 be good? They seemed to work for me last year when I last got it strung. Like I play singles sometimes and doubles often. I'm on the smashes when I can in doubles so I need a string that won't break half way through a match soon. My BG65 lasted me a year, with 6 hour sessions every week. So would the BG65 be the way to go? And would getting the tension at 26 deform it?

6. thejym

thejym Regular Member

I don't know how you were able to make your BG-65 last a year, by playing 6 hours a week, unless you were at low tensions. I wouldn't consider myself a power player by any means, but BG-65 at 26lbs only lasted 6-7 weeks for me, while other thinner gauge strings at 24lbs (BG-85, BG-66) last anywhere from 2-4 weeks. And with the BG-65 you can noticeably see it start fraying before it breaks. Maybe you should consider stringing your two rackets (if you have two rackets) differently for singles and doubles. For doubles, reduce the tension so you get more durability since you are smashing a lot. For singles, the extra control will be really beneficial and you won't be smashing nearly as much, so you can string it tighter.

7. patrickkc

patrickkc Regular Member

hey,

I will be purchasing a AT900P soon and I was wondering if BG65 Ti is good string to choose out of BG65, BG70 Pro, BG80, Nanogy 95? I may be purchasing from Max Sports and the stringing comes with the racket but I don't know which one is best for AT900P

maybe this will help the OP with his questions too :p

thanks,
    Patrick

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Like I said on your other thread bg65ti or bg80 bg80 as you need a power sting for a power racquet and the bg65ti for durabillity

9. HDoan

HDoan Regular Member

Student
    So where would be the best place to get it strung in Calgary?

10. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    More than the string you choose, you should be concerned about the tension you want to string the AT900P. On top of it being a head heavy racket, it is also a very stiff racket. So, you would want to prefer lower tensions for AT900P (unless you are as strong as Lin Dan). So, lower tensions mean, your strings will automatically last longer.

11. HDoan

HDoan Regular Member

Student
    Hows 24lbs with the BG65-Ti? I used 26lbs before but I don't want to risk breaking the racquet =/ Expensive and has tons of sentemental value.

12. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    If you like hard feeling strings, stiff, and holds tensions forever,great grip, but has a tad less feel and less power, BG70PRO is good.

13. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I owned 2 AT900Ps. I have had several strings and tensions in them. I play with these rackets 6-9 hours a week each week.
    27lbs N95 - Decent, but seemed to drop to like tension 25lbs quite quickly, the string snapped after about 2 months of playing.
    27lbs BG65Ti - Pretty good and long lasting, the racket broke after 6 months, and the string seemed to hold its tension for a long time.
    27lbs BG65 - Broke quite quickly, but its tension was good, I am pretty sure that it was a dodgy grommet that helped snap the string.
    25lbs BG65Ti - Still in my remaining racket and at a good tension, its been in for 3 months now and has no signs of wear.
    Factory tension BG65Ti - Seems ok, but I don't play with low tensions very often, so its not for me.

Hope some of that helps. Its a good racket and I hope you enjoy it.

14. HDoan

HDoan Regular Member

Student
    Thanks, I've been hearing people say that the BG80 gives some small extra power so I thought I'd try it out. Sent it in yesterday to get it strung at 26lbs with the BG80, same tension as it was before it snapped, with new strings.

15. _chiem

_chiem Regular Member

like most people have said, if durability is what you want go for BG65 but personally i like the BG85 more at 22 or 23 lbs. this should last you at least 3 months

16. dream18

dream18 Regular Member

I am using AT900P with BG80 strings at tension 22x24lbs...

17. HDoan

HDoan Regular Member

Student
    I just got it back from "Whats your Racquet & Ski", seems like a good job. They did the strings I chose and the same tension I asked. Gonna check if they did it right. Will repost with answer.

EDIT:
    The Armortec900 P stringing looks right, but the Muscle power stringing looks kind of off to me.

#17 HDoan, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  18. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

Nanogy 95 as recommend by yonex :p
    nanogy is thinner than bg 65 and yet it has more/same durability as it

19. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

NBG 95 is not as durable as BG65 IMO, and pretty much in general i believe. NBG 95 is a little less durable, but the power from the strings makes up for it.

20. hellopanda3

hellopanda3 Regular Member

TRAIN!
    Hello,
    I also have Armortec 900P and noticed that people are saying that BG 80 and NBG 95 are for power.
    My strings are about to pop and was wondering which one people prefer and why?
    Thanks.