Funny and embarrassing moment on court

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Nic, May 4, 2002.

1. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Re: Embarrassing moments

This reminds me. Once in a tournament, the score was either 14-14 or 15-14 in the second set. My opponent suddenly requested me to stop our play because a spectator sitting near his side of the court has farted, and the smell was so foul that there is no way he would want to play badminton until all the stinkiness is gone. I obliged and gave him his request.

2. sinao

sinao New Member

engineer
    I was playing with my reguler opponent at new place. He smashed really hard and I saw it out but he said it was in.
    We were arguing for seconds and suddenly he ran out of the court. We all thought he was angry.
    While we were talking, he called my mobile asking for the toilet location. We all "LoL".
    When he came back, he told us that he had to go back home to change his pants.

Now I know that he was practicing "Fart Smasher" and has reached the highest level.:D

3. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

Hmm. . .

Mine would have to be getting tangled with my mixed partner who backed into me whilst I stepped in for a smash.
    Tried holding the two of us up but ended up copping a feel of her chest & then falling over in a compromising postion. . .

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    here is another real story.
    It was at the U of C badminton tournament. Couple of guys i know were playing men singles against each other. After each won a game, the decider 3rd game was to play after a water break. That's normal. However, when one came back on court for the 3rd game, one player is nowhere to be found. Everyone look around the gym and the locker room, and still can't find the guy. 5 minutes passed, nothing, 15 minutes passed, nothing 1/2 hour passed and still nothing. The organizer offer the on court guy the default win. After around 40 to 45 minutes this missing dude shows up and said he is ready for the 3rd game. His reason was that he didnt ate breakfast and was thirsty and hungry so he went out and drove his car to mcdonald for a big mac, coke and fries. The other friend decline the offer of default win and they both played the 3rd game. It was hilarious.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Lol... Did u get trouble for this? Like she's calling for security or her bf rushed on teh court and start to jump on u??? :D

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

LOL, it is called a double hit fault

7. n_0163

n_0163 Regular Member

my friend and i were playing with another pair in doubles. now one of the opponents had gotten afraid of our smashes when there is a huge popup at the net cuz he had gotten a bruise from one earlier that week, now we were playing in a huge rally, and after a while my partener managed to get the other side to force back a weak popup for us to smash, now they were playing front and back at his point, and so when my opponent saw this he promptly dove out of the way, my partner wound up, jumped and smashed it out, right into the path of diving opponent, now he was a full 5 feet out of the court, so after 20 seconds of us staring stupidfied at each other, we burst out laughing and we coulnt finish the game

8. syslakm

syslakm Regular Member

This was more amazing than embarassing, but it was funny for me...

I was playing doubles with a partner, who was this big, rotund kinda of guy, maybe 5'10, 200 pounds, who was really into the game, but was ok (decent position, decent shots)...

Anyways, he was playing up front, and our opponents made a beautiful drop to the opposite side of the court, so he, this big guy who's outta position, runs, dives and manages to get the bird up. Pops the bird right up there, midcourt lob, perfect for a smash. Meanwhile, he's just managed to get up, but still on his butt and sees the imminent danger, so he sticks his racquet right up there and manages to block the smash and we won the rally. It was hilarious because of how everything was just slow - mo. Him diving, the smash, the return, and the confused look on our opponents faces when they realized that he had just returned their smash.

Personally, I was surprised that it even landed in since he was so close. We ended up losing that game, but for a couple of rec players, that was the best play of the game.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

10. syslakm

syslakm Regular Member

No.... he was too big, too surprised, and too sore :)

Though the expression on our opponents faces were the same as JR's opponents :p

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Why I think this seems talking about me? ;)

I am not as tall, but the weight is around there, and I used to manage to get into a rally like those before (3 times total in my "career" hehehehehhe...)

Ok, ok, I still suck big time, and trying to improve... :eek:

12. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

Not really, We get on pretty well (even better now TBH) & where always a bit flirty anyway.
    Was a little embarrising at the time cos people where watching but we just laugh about it now.

13. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    torn shorts

I once played a fun tournament at a private club, with their club rules for all whites dress code. Not having a pure white shorts, I was loaned a pair by other team mates, but these were just slightly tight.

Anyways, I started play, thinking not much of it. We had some hard rallies - playing mixed doubles, so there was a lot of strecthing on my part. The side I originally played faced the viewing crowd, so there wasn't much notice. When we switched sides for the second game, As I was crouching in preparation for the start, there was some major giggles by the ladies, then I heard someone say something like - "I see, I see, black undies...". To tell you the truth I never even felt anything, until my mixed doubles partner took a quick look at my backside.... Hmmmmmm...

Well, since there was no other shorts, I wound up playing the rest of the game with my T-Shirt pulled out since it was relatively long to cover up my butt. But with some lunges, there was still wind blowing up the underwear... OOOOHHH....

14. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Fart smashes are one of them, definitely. I'm sure almost everyone would have been through it at least once.

One funny moment happened just last Saturday as my partner and I were playing against a pair of highly tricky opponents ie superb wrist action, ultra deceptive drops etc. but the funny part had nothing to do with that. Nevertheless, we lost really bad... ;)

We had the shuttle to our advantage, I was at the net holding the racquet ready to pounce while my partner is at the back hammering it down, but once, he tried to drop the shuttle down the middle and guess what? It hit my racquet as I adjusted my stance from the constant crouching!

The shuttle fell slowly down to my side after I heard a soft *thang* and a low tremor on the rim of my racuqet.

Don't sound so funny but it never happened before although I'd predict one day it would, considering how zealously I guard the net... :D

15. syslakm

syslakm Regular Member

What's funnier is when you're behind your partner and you're going for the smash, but miss completely and almost hit them while they're guarding the net... cuz they had no idea how close they came to getting pinged in the ass by birdie :D

16. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    similar experience to above.... i remember once during training, i attempted to jump smash and ended up hacking it.... it still went rather fast, and extremely sharp... right into the net man's arse..... first time, he laughed, second time, we traded positions :D

17. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

Mine Has got to Be the Time like 2 of my friends and I went to this gym to play badminton, but then since we were so early, (it was pro-d day or early dissmissal or somthing) we went about 1pm but it usally starts @ 4 pm, and we were jus playing with these really crappy brand Feather Birdies
    What happend was that we played some of them so hard most of the feathers where comming off, and it was squshsed so it traveled soooo Fast!, and we jus kept playing and then after a while my friend tried a smash and it hit me Right In the FACE! Ouch! it took less then 1 second of the bird to travel the length of the Court, it was really Painfull Lol But i laughed it off haha!

18. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

Mine Has got to Be the Time like 2 of my friends and I went to this gym to play badminton, but then since we were so early, (it was pro-d day or early dissmissal or somthing) we went about 1pm but it usally starts @ 4 pm, and we were jus playing with these really crappy brand Feather Birdies
    What happend was that we played some of them so hard most of the feathers where comming off, and it was squshsed so it traveled soooo Fast!, and we jus kept playing and then after a while my friend tried a smash and it hit me Right In the FACE! Ouch! it took less then 1 second of the bird to travel the length of the Court, it was really Painfull Lol But i laughed it off haha!

19. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    something like that happened to me as well.... at preofsaa, we were bored, so we did some 2 v 1 drills.... i was the one at the time, and the person in the back smashed it so that the cork came off! (it was a nylon bird) and the cork ended up hitting me in the forehead

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    My situation was like mindfield , but with a twist. I was not playing mixed doubles. During a situation when i dive to reach for a shuttle , i went straight to the audience seats. ( the court was small so there is not much room for the audience to seat. Court to stands is around 6 feet ). I lost my footing and slide to the stand and i was under the gal's leg! Good thing she didn't wear a skirt. The gal was pretty and we manage to take off after the game for a drink. :D

An incident that happened 2 weeks ago , while me and my partner was playing an intense game. During the rally which lasted for almost 1 1/2 minutes which consist of dives , tight smashes and netplay. While i was lunging for a shot. My Shoe came off!! I fell and i recovered , try to go for a smash and i slip and fell again , coz no grip on the sock. Was playing in a wooden court then. Kinda embarrasing for me. Anyway we lost that rally.