Victor Super Waves 33P compared to ???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by 250integra, Apr 15, 2009.

1. 250integra

250integra Regular Member

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I just have a few questions. .

What other racquets can this be compared to? (preferrably yonex)

and does anyone have a review on this?

2. 250integra

250integra Regular Member

anybody?!?! :confused:

3. kmodak

kmodak Regular Member

I just bought this Victor racquet since my AT 900 is going for warranty replacement. The sales guy swears that this is very comparable to AT 900. Will see when I test in the coming days.

4. JavMen11

JavMen11 New Member

Victor Super Inside Wave 33 ?

I suppose you mean Victor Super Inside Wave 33.
    Yes, I bought the racq. a few days ago, after I tested it over a couple of days. To add, I tested the Victor Total Inside Wave 4800 and the brandnew Head Power Helix 8000 as well. (There was a Babolat X-Feel Essential with an impressing basic balance but string ripped immediately when started playing so I rejected it in my final decision.)

At first, the "overall balance" of all racq. were pretty decent although PH8000>[XFEssential]>TIW4800>SIW33 so I expected not the best features from the 33.
    For more technical information about the rac. see website of producers.

PH8000 is very light so you were able to react very quickly: advantage, when you are under pressure. It has a very good control but the main disadvantage was: no power while smashing.

TIW4800 provides you with hard smashes but it lacks of control and I felt like I reacted slower because I had to recover from my own hits. And for my taste it is too stiff. Maybe I need more power in my forearm?!

SIW33 suprised me with very good control and precision: defending was no problem at all and I played plenty of precise overhead drops and net drops.
    And I was very delighted about the powerfull and precise smashes. In fact, SIW33 is head heavier than the others (Balance 300mm). Note, that you need a little bit power in your forearm.

All in all: The performance result was SIW33>PH8000>TIW4800

Well, I can't compare to Yonex racquets directly due to lack of experience with the newer models. But TIW4800 remembers me to Yonex Armortec 900P (similar difficulties to play with).

I'm very happy with my decision and I recommend it. But test it yourself and take your time!