Meanings of Level of Play

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by viver, Dec 31, 2000.

1. RacketlonCanada

RacketlonCanada Regular Member

Racketlon.ca webmaster
  2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Don't bump threads more than a few months old, it's really getting quite annoying now - we have lots of recent threads about skill levels and ratings.

3. chewablemorphin

chewablemorphin Regular Member

Lifeguard, and a little bit of autobody
    i think it goes something like this:
    beginner: sucky
    Intermediate: not entirely sucky
    Advanced: Among the best in your community
    Pro: Pro

4. brady6

brady6 Regular Member

uhhh i'd call a weak player a beginner. an okay player a novice and intermediates guys who give me games like 21-13/14. i'd consider myself advanced in my area since I'm probably in the top 10 or so in the province my age, or from what i've seen at high school singles in provincials so it's tough to say, probably lower.

5. hwidagdo

hwidagdo Regular Member

weekend warrior
    lock the thread

arent there any ways to locking up the old threads? because i saw many complaining about reviving old threads.

6. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    creating new threads that same with old threads are not welcome too.
    repetitive titles are quite annoying too. :(
    new members are best to browse through existing threads that they may want to ask some questions. rather than just create new threads just to ask same questions that might exist or just to ask simple questions.

7. chewablemorphin

Hahaha, people are bumping old threads? poor you. Those bastards making you to scroll down a page to look at a new thread? they should be shot for imposing such a burden on your life.

8. AerotusX

AerotusX Regular Member

Sales
    I was wondering, let's take a High School Varsity player and he was the #1 champion player in his league. What level would he be in the real world?

9. chewablemorphin

Nothing much, highschool generally is very low level competition.

10. AerotusX

AerotusX Regular Member

Sales
    So even in a D-level competition in the US, would this level be too tough for top high school players?

11. chewablemorphin

I'm not familiar with US competitions, but as a general rule, not always, highschool players are at a fairly low level of competition.

12. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    D grade is not difficult mate. For younger kids it is a good competitive style but for older fellow/highschoolers D grade shouldnt be too hard. Its a great start for getting into competition.

At the moment im at High end A grade pushing for Open grade. Then hoping to break into the international level if i start training really hard. Hopefully within the next couple of years :)

13. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    It depends on which high school region. For example, in my area, tons of badminton players + clubs, not to mention they're all clustered in one area. So the level of badminton here around my school is higher than the level farther north in another region where there isn't as much involvement in the sport. Also, in China, high school champ will probably be much better than one in USA, right?

14. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    1st to reply the thread
    beginner: just hitting the bird back and forth, try to make it over
    inter: know where to hit the bird, know the strategy
    advance: metality of the game, better power than inter, fast pace game
    elite: same as advance but simply just every shots are more accurate. 5 to 10 mistakes per game is the max
    SUPER: god mode hahaha, no i consider super as my on category only, which like elite is world class players but only players with their on unique style consider as super and has to be top 10. Or consider top 2 and 1 in world rank is super. anyone under 1 and 2 must have their unique style at least to make people see or remember that's them. (but again must not under top 10 ranking.
    example: taufik? crazy backhand smash
    lcw, good def quick
    lin dan, overall well balance, great fitness
    peter gade, trick shots
    2nd personal view on histories thread
    I personally think not allow duplicate the thread or post watever u want to call it, is kinda like not cool
    Because obviously most people like to get the quick answers
    oh hey i got a question answer this, rather than umm let see search...
    oh here it is let's read this
    omg it's about 247 replies, wtsdfk@sdf
    So then start reading?
    I know you guys going to say skip the pages stupid. But what happen if some information in the middle of the thread is pretty useful and all suddenly in the end of the post pretty much lame, head into another subject for the arguement. Wow I think that takes a long time just to get the answer.
    i would recommend to have interesting stuffs or basic stuffs be so called sticky i suppose. And other than that dude let it free. If there's too much to storage in the server or i dont know all the information where the admin stored them but delete the old once. I don't think the OLD MEMBERS would cares to reply another same answer. And if we don't allow to duplicate the same issue then there I would say there shouldn't be different issue to ask by now, because through out how many years? omg too long, i'm pretty sure all questions have already been asked. So lets say that time hasn't come yet, but wat about 3 months from now or whenever? The forum going to be completely quite?,
    "oh yea dude, I want to be active in this forum, buttttt..... there's nothing to talk about... I don't want to dig up old thread and start reading 'em and comment something... oh forget it"
    u know that might just happen
    So I personally think just let the people ask watever they want, if they ask something just too often in the forum then just refer them to the sticky. And of course don't put too much sticky. Not on every subject, that just going to kill the forum too.
    More people talk the more members. People come across the forum and see wow, this forum pretty active, let's see replies 1 min ago 2 min ago 5 min ago.
    And i think the more people talk about badminton the more they will play. And the more they play the better chance of badminton gets more popular. Because in USA as most of you know it is a same, in usa we think badminton sucks (when i use we here because i live in america, not that i think badminton suck, I LOVE badminton) sad enough that HOLLYWOOD UNIVERSAL insults badminton as a boring sport for their commercial. Kids rather go hollywood universal than playing badminton...

15. chewablemorphin

Gamepurpouse that is a very badly structured wall of text, I stopped reading after the fourth line.

16. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    hhaa same lol.....after scrolling too see if it tidyd up at all...i found it didnt and gave up.

Reading that would take a few years off my eyesight! haha

17. chewablemorphin

A few years off my lifetime anyways.

18. vorxaw

vorxaw Regular Member

ya this is very true, I have a bunch of friends that quit training after having success at the national level in canada simply because there is very little chance in competing internationally, the overall level here is way too low

so when playing national players recreationally, if...

you feel like youre actually playing badminton, but getting completely raped (youre advanced)
    you feel like youre simply having a heart attack in a large green hospital (intermediate)
    you feel fine, youre opponent is such a nice guy (beginner/intermediate me:p)

19. flyingfox

flyingfox Regular Member

well said!!! :D

20. soccerking888

soccerking888 Regular Member

How Do We Measure The Level Of Play?

Hi all,

I've tried searching but not able to find threads as the topic. I just wish to know how do we actually measure or rate the level of play for normal badminton players (not on the professional or national circuit)? Or is there even anyway we are able to do that? :confused:

#120 soccerking888, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013