MP-33 review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by komr323, Aug 27, 2003.

1. komr323

komr323 Regular Member

Hi all,
    I've been browsing thru badminton forum for a while and benifit from it. I think it is time for me to share my experience to u guys.
    I just bought a MP33 (GR version) strung with BG-68ti @ 22lbs a week ago at Rose Sports Goods & Sports Clothing Co in Hong Kong. everything together costs $590HKD ($75.6USD) (is that cheap?)
    I used it for 2 hours a few days ago and found it very good. It's a little head heavy racket but it's still not that heavy actually since it's a 3U racket. It is as stiff as MP55 but MP33 is lighter, so the feeling is different..
    not bad at drop shot, but very good at smashing! I love it. it just perfectly suit my body size and strength. by the way, I am 115lbs with average or below avg strength but love smashing. If you consider yourself similar to me and thinking about MP33, go for it.

2. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

I too Prefer the lower Mp rackets they're easier to get used to. i have a Mp 24 and i can deliver some power from that it can with BG63 strings which are not bad at all, good power but not so good control. i did want a mp 33 but i could not find one so i got a MP24 they are easier to play with than a MP 99/100.

:)

3. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

You can look at it two ways. If the racket's regular price is $75, then some may think that's not cheap as it's not "on sale" or getting a deal. The other point of view is that if the person has a lot of money, he/she might consider $75 cheap.

Anyways, sounds like you really enjoy the racket, and if you think that it was a cheap price, it was worth your money.

4. |BLAI|

|BLAI| Regular Member

komr323 how long did it take the rose place to string ur racket?

5. komr323

komr323 Regular Member

2 days. but if you tell them that you are in a rush, I think they can get the racket strung in 24hrs

The racket is very good, I used it several times now. A good racket wouldn't make you stronger but certainly would give you the experience of badminton you'd like

after using it for long time, I do have a draw back on this racket. It takes time for you to learn how to make good drop shot. Maybe that's because I strung it at 22lb. If you are a beginner, you can string it at 20lb.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I do have a draw back on this racket. It takes time for you to learn how to make good drop shot.

are you sure your drop shot is related to the racket:confused:

7. |BLAI|

|BLAI| Regular Member

thanx for the info
    sigh......i guess wen i get back 2 hk i'll just buy strings + racket
    and get it strung wen i come back 2 canada
    thanx thanx
    2 days will be 2 much time off ma 2 week vacation:(

8. Rai_Korei

Rai_Korei Regular Member

Racquet Stringer
    Hahahaha, I got 2 MP33s with upgraded strings from BG65 to BG70 Pro and all done within about 2.5 hours, oh yes! But then, it was kinda not cheap either, I had to pay like 91 bucks per racquet due to string upgrades. Great racquet for the price, I'd say.

9. m.Sharp

m.Sharp Regular Member

Hey there, I've got my brand new MP33 today, with exactly the same spec as you did: MP33(SP version) with BG-68Ti @ 22lbs. looking forward to test it out this weekend.

I was using a Babolat Speed 2.0, which is 3U as well(89g), a little heavier than this MP33(3U as well) I feel.

Detailed info will be appended in the next few days.