Any more users of Tetracross 700 ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by twobeer, Oct 5, 2007.

1. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Yes, check out his website www.kaisengbadminton.com

He has the entire series of TC (300, 500 and 700).

I don't think he has the new GP series yet but no harm asking.

2. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher

I bought TC700 1st, than I bought At700. Before I bought the AT700, of course I feel TC700 is powerful. But after I bought that At700, I cant produce smashes as power as at700 when I'm using my tc700, and just a month ago I've bought another at700.

This is only what I feel, and only my opinion. I also never said that at700 is a better racquet than tc700.

3. liajy

liajy Regular Member

my lin dan'ed tc700

my new head heavier tc700, not tried yet, will try 2moro hopefully :D

Attached Files:

4. limak

limak Regular Member

New source for TC700 (and TC500, TC300 and GP10 also) :eek:. I bought it from www.badmintonshoponline.us for 130 USD (without string), it´s good price IMO.

5. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Reputable place? Did they take your cash and run, or have you actually received the goods?

e78 in Hong Kong has them too.

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I thnk they are ok.. I bought a racket from them, it took maybe a bit long to get it but I got it eventually..

/T

7. Easy Tiger

Bum
    How long is 'eventually'? I get stuff from the US in 7 days, so from HK to AUS I'd want it sooner than that.

8. limak

limak Regular Member

It took 10 days from HK to Czech Rep. No problem with this shop I already bought several rackets there. If I can compare with e78, there is no problem with english communication and no problem with PayPal payment in badmintonshoponline.

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It took betwwen 2-3 weeks.

Cheers,
    TJ

10. Easy Tiger

Bum
    Damn, 2-3 weeks is a bit rough.

e78 is the only place I can find with both Mizuno and Babolat, which is why I want to go with them because I want a TC700 and XFeel Power to try, and combining freight saves heaps.

11. Easy Tiger

Bum
    I emailled e78 about the time it takes to post. This is the answer I get (followed by the weird translation which makes no sense)

"可以寄平郵1KG$105/航空$123,平郵大約30~40天,如果寄拍,敝店不建議用平郵."

"May send the even postal 1KG$105/aviation $123, even postal about 30~40 days, if sends the racket, my firm did not suggest that with posts evenly."

12. limak

limak Regular Member

:D:D I´m not surprised that´s why I talked about difficult communication with e78.

13. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

Even postal = surface post. surface post for 1 Kg is 105 & air is 123. The translation program sucks. If you don't know anything about other languages don't jump to a conclusion. To deal with E78 is a pleasure, aussie & Czech would never understand.

14. limak

limak Regular Member

O.K. I think it´s so late for me to study chinese :eek:. But there is one strange thing in e78. Why they always answer in chinese when somebody asks them in english?!? It´s a little bit confusing for Aussies, Czechs and other people which would like to buy something from them :).

#294 limak, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
  15. Easy Tiger

Bum
    Where did I jump to a conclusion? Someone who has bought from them before said it took 2-3 weeks to order from them, so I emailled them to clarify. That's the OPPOSITE of jumping to a conclusion!

They may be a pleasure to deal with, but if they can't get non-Chinese speakers to order from them, how will those of us that "never understand" actually get to understand?

:confused:

16. BlueBanana

BlueBanana Regular Member

I have the Mizuno Tetracross 700 in my arsenal and i must say it is the most powerful racket and one of the stiffest i have ever had. Below is the comparison btw Mizuno TC700, Babolat X-Feel Blast and Yonex AT700:

Specification:
    Mizuno Tetracross 700
    Gosen R4x200 0.66mm 26LB, Babolat Pro Team Tacky overgrip, 675mm, 3U/G4, final BP:~300mm

Babolat X-Feel Blast
    Babolat Hyperbraid Micro 0.67mm 26LB, Babolat Pro Tour overgrip, 675mm, 3U/G5 final BP:~290mm
    Yonex AT 700
    BG-66 0.66mm 26LB, Toalson Volcanic overgrip, 3U/G5, final BP:~305mm

Review:
    1) Aesthetics:
    Mizuno Tetracross 700 feels equally solid with a green theme that has a lasting impression. Paint work leaves a little to be desired in my opinion. Babolat X-Feel Blast is a beautifully constructed racket with an excellent white paint work with black and red patch on the head and a very exquisite silver hologram butt cap. Of course AT700 needs no mention..juicy fiery red. Thus IMHO,
    (Most beautiful) Blast->AT700->TC700

2) Head heaviness:
    (heaviest)AT700->TC700->Blast(least heavy)

3) Stiffness:
    TC700 and Blast are the stiffest rackets i have ever handled by miles. They are so stiff that you need some good psychomotor movement, muscles and technique to put it to good use. Rather unforgiving and steeper adapting period than normal for me.
    (Stiffest)TC700=Blast->AT700(least stiff)

4) Lobs/Clears:
    All are excellent and special mention must be given to Babolat X-Feel Blast as they are almost effortless and yet flew miles out of court! This tiger needs some taming.

5) Smashes:
    Because of the stiffest, swing technique, speed and even the place you grip needs some adjustment. As i was abit reluctant to fully snap my wrists during smashes, smashes with TC700 and Blast gave a rather flat trajectory rather than the usual sharp straight down ones that i have no problem with AT700. Maybe this is due to my wayward technique? All rackets have the same shaft length if i am not wrong. However TC700 has a slightly longer handle, about 1/3 of a cone longer. TC700 seems to have a slightly smaller sweet spot. It could be due to the longer handle that you have to make adjustments to? Both Blast and TC700 have swings that i cannot easily get used to somehow unlike AT700 which works like a charm. Verdict: All are monsters if you get the sweet spot right.

6) Drives:
    Excellent "whipping" feel in AT700. But trouble adjusting TC700 and Blast. Stiffness problem?
    (Easy) AT700->Blast->TC700

7) Defence:
    Don't be intimidate by the "head heavy" balance of Tetracross 700, amazingly it is very much more maneuverable than you would imagine. Perhaps the slightly longer handle forces you to hold really high up in doubles that gives me the maneuverable feel? AT700 is simply so dreadful in this department.
    (Easy)TC700->Blast->AT700(difficult)

8) Power:
    I really have problems taming Babolat X-Feel Blast. I do not know if it's bcos of the hyperbraid. Almost every lob/lift with Blast in my normal strength were miles out of boundary. I have a feeling the fact i am not very used to Gosen R4x200 on Tetracross 700 didnt give me the extra power that everyone is talking about.
    Blast->AT700=TC700

Verdict:
    I must say AT700 is better suited for singles as maneuverability is pretty poor while the other 2 are reasonably good all round rackets. All of them are power crazy monsters but AT700 is easier to adapt for me perhaps due to the less stiff shaft. All rackets requires some strong arms to play with. AT700 feels the most head heavy but maybe due to the less stiff shaft it somehow absorbs the impact while you get the full force of the impact using the other 2.

As all of them have their merits and weaknesses, it depends on what you are suited and looking for. For me, i prefer the maneuverability of Tetracross 700 than AT700 but if i were a singles player, i would have picked AT700.

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Arrived today

Worth the wait :cool:. With the wait being the waiting on customs process which took over a month again!! :mad: Could've had them 9th of July already :rolleyes:.

Anyway ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First impressions: balance and swingspeed very much to my liking [​IMG]. Doesn't feel headheavy indeed (haven't measured yet). Swingspeed excellent, on par if not better than Ti-10 II/III which I also like for it's swingspeed.
    Colour was a bit of a letdown with the grey being a lighter shade than I expected from the pictures in this thread :eek:. Was going to keep all three but now willing to let one go to my friend who wanted to try a Mizuno as well (ordered the third one for him anyway but haven't been paid upfront :p)

18. Easy Tiger

Bum
    That "Made in China" sticker is going to get some people's panties in a knot.

ps: Those rackets soooo need to be strung with Ashaway PG65 in 'power green'!

19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Sooner or later people needs to be educated that "made in China" is NOT bad..

On the TC700 it is written "Made in China on strict speciications from Mizuno..." :)

It's a bloody good racket, both performance and quality wise.. that is all that matters, in the long run.. :)

/Twobeer

20. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

I Luv This Racket!!!

hey dude nice racket where u got them from ?