Who is Nguyen Tien Minh??!! Part 2

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Indonesia Open 2009' started by AlanY, Jun 11, 2009.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ok, i have the answer for this thread.
    Who is Nguyen Tien Minh?
    answer: Nguyen Tien Minh is a badminton player from Vietnam who plays in the mens single department.;) Just yesterday he shocked the world by defeating lee chong wei of malaysia;):D

2. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

Nguyen Tien Minh is a very low profile and unassuming player. He is a good rally player. He uses speed and good defense to out maneuver his opponent. Very shy and soft spoken. I've seen him practice and go out with Kendrick Lee of Singapore.
    I'm sad that LCW my idol lost. However my admiration for him as a true winner has never diminished.
    To NTM, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! STAY HUMBLE.:)

3. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    His improvement might be due to his training with the China Army team...
    I hope it was for real and not a one time improvement..
    He is nice person as well as soon to be great badminton player....
    I only wish I had been able to sponsor him....

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..i meant to write, the subject of the locked thread wasn't being discussed enough yet the thread got locked. Of course, it got carried away by all the non-NTM's related chatters til it got locked.

Back to NTM, the last time i saw him play live was nearly 2 yrs ago @ the U.S. Open. At that time he was an up & coming player. Indeed, he was still struggling at that time, losing to Richard Vaughn in 3 games. Looks like he's improved quite a bit. I'd guess by looking at the brief videos and by other BCers' comments, in his thread, he probably still needs more work in his defense.

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    dear ctjcad,
    sometimes i use your comments as notice :eek:. not that i comment on you :eek:.

whether NTM improved a bit or not, he won the match against LCW. well, LCW was off from his standard of play.....

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Yeh..^^

..that's why "one win doesn't a champion make" or "one win doesn't make a champion"..how does it go, again??..*scratches head* :confused::p

#26 ctjcad, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  7. Taydzuii

Taydzuii Regular Member

Banking
    Kisnan wrote :

Correct me if I am wrong... but I think he might be the undisputed best Vietnamese badminton player ever....

I've followed badminton for 25 years now and I don't remember any Vietnamese player that can defeat top guns like Taufik Hidayat and Lee Chong Wei...

Badminton in Vietnam will boom even further after his feats. I think many Vietnamese will start to believe that they can play top level badminton... This is good for badminton worldwide...

Hi Krisnan,

You are right,

Tien Minh(not Tian Minh) is the best Vietnamese badminton player ever.

More than that, he is the best Viet player in the history of any racquet sports, table tennis, tennis and badminton...

Tien Minh's style is unique and undefinable because the Vietnamese badminton doesn't have a solid structure for technics and training, like traditional schools : China, Denmark, Indonesia, Malaysia,... or India and Thailand...

But we hope his success will imply future developments in Vietnamese badminton.

;););)

#27 Taydzuii, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

But i tot he was trained regulary in Singapore that made such great improvement....?

Now what....China Army Team or Singapore......:D:D:D ????

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

that's the problem with the media world now. anything they said can be true or fake:cool:

10. Ti10Purple

Ti10Purple Regular Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karakalkat [​IMG]
    His improvement might be due to his training with the China Army team...
    I hope it was for real and not a one time improvement..
    He is nice person as well as soon to be great badminton player....
    I only wish I had been able to sponsor him....

But i tot he was trained regulary in Singapore that made such great improvement....?

Now what....China Army Team or Singapore......:D:D:D ????

Kind of curious . What makes you all think that he improved after training with Singapore Team ? If that is so ? Where are the Singapore Men's player ? As far as I know , Singapore did not send any players for singles event .Did they become trainers or sparing partners instead of competing in their own home ground

11. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    It is funny how every time a lower level player wins it is because the higher ranked player was "off his game"....Who is to say that he was off because of the player he was playing or because he was tired or sick or just having a bad hair day...:D Here in Vietnam we dont care how he did it...It was a great win for him...He deserves a few wins like this....We have a 19yr old player (Army Team) that with the right coaching could be better than NTM but he does not have the money to devote full time to Badminton...:crying:

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    oh.. pls get me some pho... ;) I miss the melbourne mekong.. ;)

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

After all, the good show seems was just for one match.....but still a good one from NTM.....I was supporting NTM to beat BCL...but obviously, NTM cant beat BCL who I think is in his not best but good form...i think....eventually lost in straight games.......:(

Keep it up NTM.....support u all the way....:p

14. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

This new kids on the board had no ball to answer to BCL.. A sign of raise for BCL & a fall for LCW?? :crying::crying::crying: