Mp 88 worst MP?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Wizbit, Dec 7, 2002.

1. modious

modious Regular Member

We were there from 1pm-4pm.

2. krnkpboy

krnkpboy Regular Member

Student
    MP88 is better than MP100 if you compare its price....
    mp88 is much lighter with good solid feel and cheaper
    Ti in mp100 doesnt do crap but crack your racket
    I own mp100 and mp88
    If you are a strong person and need some weight for the power... gowith mp100

3. Kaffie

Kaffie Regular Member

self-employed
    Finally succumb to temptation and bought the MP88 today.
    Will try it out tomorrow.

Will give myself 2 weeks of geting used to an ISO racket and see what happened.
    :D

4. Kaffie

Kaffie Regular Member

self-employed
    The Mp88 feel so much different with 24/26 lbs instead of the one
    I previously tried which I was told was strung at 24/24 lbs.
    Control is good. Smashing power is not that bad either.
    Am still trying to get used to it.

Played 4 games with it today and am beginning it to like it. :D

Thanks to swijaya0101 for asking me to try it out again.

5. norby

norby Regular Member

musician
    I just purchased an mp88 4u. I still haven't had it strung because i want a high tension, but i don't know how high it can go. I don't want to take any risks because i bought it abroad, and it's very expensive locally. help!!!

6. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    totally agree with u jeff. i got both of them. seems the mp88(3u) can give me much more power rather than the ti swing power sr.
    i m not quite sure the popularity of mp 88 at other places but in hong kong it seems tobe a good selling racket coz it's out of stock at most of the stores for almost 2 months.

#46 red00ecstrat, Nov 24, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  7. mocha

mocha New Member

i want to get a MP88 in hong kong. i've asked a friend to buy it for me, but the shops he went to in mongkok all say they don't carry the 4U version! a store owner even said they don't carry the 4U version in hong kong. is that true? can someone in hong kong tell me where the 4U version can be found, if available?

thanks a bunch~ i've been very excited about getting a new racket.. and was thoroughly disappointed at the news :(

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Even if they don't have it, you can still come to Taiwan and get it here. :)

9. norby

norby Regular Member

musician
    i got my mp88 4u in the yonex store in bangkok. it seems they have a lot of stock there.

10. love2bad

love2bad Regular Member

I've got a MP80 from Japan(same as 88)

I'm so glad to hear these various responses in this thread. I just got mine in Japan(much more expensive, U.S.$189), but I love it. But I wasn't sure if I was getting the best power out of it because my smashes don't seem very powerful, but I probably just need a lot more practice. I'm glad to hear that it's not just how hard you swing, but also how and where you come into contact with the birdie. At least I have something to work toward and not lack of power, being that I'm a female. It definitely is great defensively against smashes. All I have to do is let the racquet come into contact with the smashed birdie, and it does it job for me. The smasher usually is surprised that it comes back at them so quickly. Mine is strung with the new natural string 100 not readily available here. I can't compare it to any other string, but as far as I'm concerned, it's great. I've had mine for two months and use it almost everyday. No signs of wearing out though I don't baby it. Net play is effortless also. I own the 4U.

11. red00ecstrat

that's true mocha. they said the 4u version is too fragile!

12. mocha

mocha New Member

bluejeff,
    want to too, but i'm in vancouver :(

red00ecstrat,
    too fragile so they don't carry it? isn't that for us to judge whether it's too fragile to buy? that just made me a very unhappy girl here now. :( :( :(

thanks for the info though..

the next question is ... .... ..... does the 3U version of MP88 really loses its character? i have to admit, the 4U part really was a big attraction to me .... :confused:

... :(

13. red00ecstrat

mocha:
    i've got 2 3u mp88. they are cool. infact i love them much more than my old cab 20 now and i think 3u is light enough for most of the players. u gotta give it a try.
    by the way, which racket are u currently using?
    regards
    red

14. mocha

mocha New Member

red,

hahaha, i'm using a cab20 too :p
    it's a 2U original cab20 handed down from an uncle.. i did occassionally use the isometric vf95-long (3U) which was a gift from a friend some years back...

;)

15. norby

norby Regular Member

musician
    i just used my mp88 4u for the 1st time, and i love it!!! it feels like someone watched me play and made a custom racquet just for me. i strung it with bg65ti at 22x24. a relatively safe tension for the rumored fragile frame. it's so easy to swing around and i feel like it cuts reaction time in half because of its light weight. although i did need to adjust my stroke a little bit for drops, it totally improved the speed of my smash. i don't know if it's because of the head heavy balance, or psychological (because i'm using a high end racquet), but i really had a good game that day.

i actually liked it over the mp99 3u that i also tried for the 1st time. although the majority says that it'll take a while to get used to. so i'll keep them both for a couple of weeks before deciding which one to sell. i did get to squeeze in some good hits with the 99, and i didn't get to try out my drops a lot with it. i'm very tempted to keep both of them. hehehe. but some friends are lurking like vultures, waiting for me to decide so they can bid on whichever i don't select.

16. equus

equus Regular Member

norby, just curious, which racquet did you decide to keep? mp88 4u or mp99 3u?

17. |BLAI|

|BLAI| Regular Member

i have never tried the 4u mp88, but my 3u mp88 is a lot lighter than some other 3u rackets that i have tried (ti-3 light)
    so mayb the 3u and 4u are not that much different after all?
    anyways..........."4u is discontinued because it is replaced by the at500/700 (which also comes in 4u)" storeowner of master keen in hong kong~

i myself don't think that the mp88 is that good.......wen it comes to control/accuracy/easy to get used to...........this is the racket.........but i do feel that it lacks in power ( i like smashing)

18. norby

norby Regular Member

musician
    Hey Equus!

Well, like a true badminton junkie... i kept them both. hehehe. i use the mp88 more though because i'm more of a defensive player and it's weight is easy to swing around.

Plus, since Blai says they stopped production of the mp88, i think i'll keep it. hehe.

I actually have an extra mp88 that i was trying to sell, but now i'm having second thoughts. If it's true that they stopped making them, it may turn out more valuable than i thought. I haven't even strung the thing, and the grip is still wrapped in plastic. I put it up for auction on this website, but now i think i'm regretting it. :)

19. |BLAI|

|BLAI| Regular Member

they only stopped making 4u
    still make the 3u

20. norby

norby Regular Member

musician
    Yes, that's what i meant. sorry. And that's the racquet i have (4u), so it may turn out more valuable in the future. but if anyone wants to buy it, just make me an offer :)