World Championships lineup(China)

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by LI De Quan, Jun 22, 2009.

1. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

they have registered 5 pairs, so I think, hmm... they still can choose the four out of five since 5 pairs are already registered :rolleyes:

2. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Pictures of the PK match

Pity PP/TQ.......

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      28.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      31.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      27.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      43.6 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      43.1 KB
      Views:
    • 19215438.jpg
      19215438.jpg
      File size:
      39.7 KB
      Views:
  3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

LOL...funny last photo from suetyan.............they actually dry their clothing included under wares in the stadium...?

Or....its for sales....? LN products...lol...!

4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    i think my key point here was that China has more chance to win XD than MS, WS and WD. Of course, it's impossible 120%. Since China has 4, and Korea 1, INA 1, I think China's chance may be close to 70% for XD.

China's still strong in WS and WD, but I hardly pick a single go-to person in those 2 events. Their continuous failures in Singapore and INA were not unpredictable.

I knew Wang Xin just won Philippines, she defeated Zhou Mi and Nehwal convincingly. Who else in the China team can do that? If Wang Xin is not qualified called the best, who else would be qualified?? The only loss was to Wang SX, but Wang Xin has managed to win back with huge edge.

Same comparison applies to Wang XL/Ma Jin too. They won 100% in all their 3 tournaments, and beat all big names. Zhang Yawen/Zhao Tingting has lost to Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei, while Yu Yang/Du Jing were injured, I have mentioned that already.

Theoretically, China has confirmed Pan p/Tian Q's registration. They have passed the final date for further changes. But there is a special scenario which allows Wang XL/Ma J replace PP/TQ provided that PP/TQ are sick or injured and not physically capable of playing. I don't think LYB has any problem to get physicians proof if he needs it.

#44 2cents, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  5. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

who else can't do that? Wang Yihan did it before in the month of German Open, All England, and Swiss Open? She defeated Zhou Mi in All England as well as Swiss Open. By looking at that, can we just say that she is the best player? The answer is no. She is the best player of that month only, not means that she is the overall best player. Don't forget, Wang Lin had defeated Wang Xin last Friday in the internal competition ;) Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli has won all their matches also not means that they are the best. Did they meet Du Jing/Yu Yang before? Did they meet Zhang Yawen/Zhao Tingting before? (I mean in 2009). No right? Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli still have to learn from the seniors ;) I would not say they are the best now, but I can't guaratee they are the best in the future ;)

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

i thought your judgment were based on their seniority, it seems I was not wrong.

Wang YH was the best female single player after European tour, for sure. But she's not any more. The best player is not a fixed person. It always changes as competition continues.

Internal competition doesn't count, Wang Xin had won many of that before too.

Yu Yang/Du J's absence cannot be used as a way to keep their untarnished fame. Same logic to Wang YH. YY/DJ were the best before, but they has not played for long time, it's not Wang XL/MJ's fault.

Same applies to Lin Dan too. I have counted him not as hot any more.

Well, all these are personal feelings, you can have yours, I will keep mine. It's good to see our differences.

#46 2cents, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

And..

..what's the winning chance for CHN's MS and WS if you have their XD winning chance @ 70%?..
    What makes you think CHN has more chance to win the XD title? Do you think He Hanbin & Yu Yang are a stronger pair than Ma Jin & Zheng Bo? The former have only competed together in 2 tourneys this yr, the last 6+ months, winning only the AE title. And then you've got the Olympic champs, LYD & LHJ and another KOR pair; the former INA world champs in Widianto & Natsir; then the Danes and the 2 THA pairs in the mix; don't forget also the IND pairs. For LYD & LHJ, their only achilles heels are Ma Jin & Zheng Bo pairing.

For MS, other than LCW, who else will put a challenge to LD??..
    For WD, other than the Koreans' #1 pair, which other pair will challenge them?..
    For WS, other than Zhou Mi, Tine and maybe Saina, who else will challenge CHN's ladies?..

#47 ctjcad, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

only the AE title? wonder how many players, professional or otherwise will have their arm/leg for that!!

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

not many, i suppose. otherwise he/she will have to win the next tournament single handed!

10. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

It's too bad for PP/TQ. I happen to like them more than CS/ZYL. Maybe this will motivate them to finally "breakthrough" though. They've been playing internationally for as long (I think longer) as CS/ZYL with good results but have never really risen to the big stage.

11. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

opps Chris, you have forgotten the MAS WD pair :D:p

12. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Tian Qing won the WJC with Yu Yang before. Too bad she ain't improving as fast as the other chinese :(

13. whack_d_net

whack_d_net Regular Member

Student
    WD and WS for CHN?

For WS and WD, the only player/pairs who can beat CHN gals is likely only their own teammates
    LHJ/LKW seems like in the declining mode after get OG silver
    Besides, LHJ have some kind of "alergy" towards MJ
    Plus she still have those split personality disorder (the one with flash of genius mixed up with bunch of error prone)
    CEH/WPT sometimes brilliant but still inconsistent,
    how bout CEH injury, any news kah?
    Too bad VM/LN no longer pairing 2gether....
    How bout WS?
    At their good day TR, MKY, WMC could shake CHN gals domination
    But now they're limping and still struggling w/ their injuries
    could they perform another miracle?
    Yet i also wonder how much MKY rankings will dropped, had she failed repeating her magic like last year?
    AFAIK points from this WR is substitution for OG points, no?
    CMIIW
    ,-)

14. freelast

freelast Regular Member

you confused me.
    • what you mean "3 stages"? 3 rounds? I read from other sources, saying it's only 2 rounds which means each pair need to play 4 matches totally
    • now Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli 2-0; Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei 2-1; Tian Qing/Pan Pan 0-3;
      • if only 2 rounds, Tian Qing/Pan Pan is always out;
      • if 3 rounds, they don't need to win in 2 sets in the coming competition as you said, if 3 rounds, Tian Qing/Pan Pan still have 3 matches to play, if they win them all, they will definetely qualified. Even they just win 2 matches and lost 1 more again, they still have chances.

15. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Well, as a team manager, the most important thing is to know how to play politics. I saw many "IF I WERE LYB..." posts, I am sure that if those guys were LYB, they would not hold the position longer than a month.

As a team manager, you have to protect the most important stakeholders welfare and interest, and maximize them the most if possible. it's too simple and naive to think LYB can pick whoever he likes for the winning. In fact, LYB doesn't care that much. He doesn't need to do that, he doesn't want to do that, he is not even capable of doing that.

16. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Your questions are too simple. :D

For MS: LD just lost to Chen Jin several times. In fact, LD just played 1 tournament; what you expect? He cannot lose to 2 persons in 1 single tournament.

For WD, Mas world ranked #1 just defeated CHN and won the INA open

For WS, Zhou Mi, Tine and Saina are enough.

#56 2cents, Jul 15, 2009
  17. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I read from the news saying that it is divided into 3 stages :confused: But I asked Cheng Shu just now, she said Zhao Yunlei and her already been chosen after yesterday match.

18. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Haha. I can't stopping laughing see this picture. How can they do that inside the gym instead of the dorm? At least we know that Chinese team is thinking green. :)

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..exactly..
    - Yes, it's true not many player/pairs can win the AE title; maybe even will sacrifice parts of their limbs.
    - I am not taking away anything from their win. I am just pointing out the fact that they've only participated in 2 tourneys this yr. And winning only their lone title, the AE title. And they are considered CHN's #1 XD pair??
    ..i didn't forget them. I would rank them just below the KOR pair who've been, arguably, the only ones capable of challenging the CHN's WD. See whack_d_net's reply.:cool:
    ..politics schmolitics...If you were LYB, you have 2 spots left, please tell us who will you choose out of those 3 WD pairs? Thank you.:cool:

..if they're too simple for ya, please give us the percentage for CHN's chance to win the title in MS, WS & WD. I guess you will rate their chance, in those 3 events, lower than the XD event? Thank you.:cool:

#59 ctjcad, Jul 15, 2009
  20. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

I said that this forum had been too many "If I were LYB..." posts, you are now now inviting me joining your game.

Anyhow, If I were LYB, I will first make my boss happy, if my boss says who should go, and who shouldn't, I will execute his policy 100%.

My boss usually asks me to take 3 titles at least in this kind of tournaments. I will keep that in mind. If I deliver poorer results than that, I will have problem to keep my job.

after that, then I have to see who's my friends and who's my foes. I will make it clear that I will always compensate friends and punish those who are against me.

I also know that my retirement plan and future welfare are controled by Liaoning province, I will do any possible things to make them happy.

If there are some conflicting interests, my careless decision could hurt myself. Then I will try to let others to decide, for example, leave it to the coaches, or let them have an internal competition, just like the women's doubles. If I decided not using Pan Pan myself, I could be in trouble myself.

MS chance for China should be 50% roughly; WS is about 60%.

WD is a different story now. First, don't know Yu Yang's recovery. Second, don't know whether Wang Xiaoli/Ma Jin are in the team. The chance is between 60% to 90% which could be higher than XD, because Wang Xiaoli/Ma Jin were not in the team in the final release. Since Wang Xiaoli/Ma Jin have never lost while other CHA did lost, their presence will increase China's chance big time.

China
    MS: 50%
    MD: 25%
    WS: 60%
    WD: 60%-90%
    XD: 70%

What's your percentage when you claim China only has chance in MS, WS and WD. especially for the XD? :cool: Thanks a lot for giving me your answer as I detailed very much on my analysis.

#60 2cents, Jul 15, 2009