Indonesia International Challenge, 4-8 August 2009

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by chemile, Jul 26, 2009.

1. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

Nice to watched Destiara/claudia match. They need to improve speed and power but glad to see how they play, fast, good rotations and most important excellent game plan

2. copadh

copadh Regular Member

Glad to know that 3 pratama's pairs are going through to final. Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputra, Della Destiara Haris/Ni Made Claudia Ayu Wijaya, and Irfan Fadhilah/Weni Anggraini beat former pelatnas player, and I wish them good luck for tomorrow's final.

3. Joe P

Joe P Regular Member

Software Developer / Electronics Engineering
    I must say I am becoming more and more intrigued in 'young' Hayom, mostly because I have not seen any of his matches and because of his string of good results recently. At the very least I think he has been consistent of late, which is something that I feel is somewhat lacking in our (Indonesian) players of late. Looking forward to watching his progress in the higher tier tournaments.

Good luck to him tomorrow.

Joe P.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hendra A. Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto Chandra are on course to win their first ever title as a pair after they trounced Teo Kok Siang/Goh Wei Shern in straight-sets easily, to set up a meeting with the Pelatnas Pratama pair of Angga Pratama/Ryan Agung Saputra in the Final tomorrow. AG/Alvent to win!

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

All-INA-Final in all 5 disciplines...good result but looks like poor TV rating. Fransiska 'Nana', Hayom, Alvent/Hendra, Vita/Nadya are expected to win title tomorrow.

6. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Yeah...its good but quite boring....but wait til next week when local channel will broadcast WC.....I'm sure the rating will increase dramatically....:cool:

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I would like to be proven wrong, but I predict that only Nova/Butet will progress to the SF. And the chance of them winning the WC is at best 50%.

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I pick Nana to win this one... but note, Fira (Maria Elfira) is in a high motivation state right now... Earlier in the year she said she is getting married next year and 2009 will be her last year competing professionally. But recently, we receive news that she broke-up with her boyfriend and she is thinking about not retiring after all. Instead now her inclination is that she wants more and more badminton glory (and naturally more money for her 'retirement fund' later on in life)... ;)

Febe, Nana, Fira, Pipin, Febby, and Ana are practicing and intensely competing with each other regularly these days... On any given day, any of them can beat each other... really depends on who is the fittest on that day. Argueably, these 6 WS are the best INA has below a healthy Maria Kristin and a healthy Firdasari... If MYK and Firda are hampered by some injury, any of these 6 can defeat them...

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    :D:D..I guess Women expect so much and she should know that Men change their minds too often.....:p

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Hayom needs more tournaments to gain more experience...this year..he has improved in term of thinking....he has a better game plan or strategy this year...last year..he just plays without any game plan..also he needs to learn more about opponent's body language...and also learn how to be a bit sneakier ( like you are tired...put some sweat on the floor..let them mop...kind of strategy)....like TH...

11. pramana

pramana Regular Member

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    That sound's more like your tactics, Hau-ge... :p I think those things are more relevant if you're 35+ years old... :D

13. Gunawan

Gunawan Regular Member

Hau-ge,
    No wonder you always have several bathroom breaks whenever you're down by many points against me...

14. Joe P

Joe P Regular Member

Software Developer / Electronics Engineering
  15. a.kurniawan

a.kurniawan Regular Member

student
    i remember at last year's NZ open GP, Wifqi wiped the sweat on his face, but instead of walking to the side of the court, he threw it down to the court. and only a second or two after, he asked the umpire to have the court wiped.

i don't know whether he forgot to walk or he was doing something that u mentioned, but i found it quite hilarious..

the strategy that players have been using recently is maybe diving down to reach the shuttle, and also mind games with the opponent by asking to change the birdie for so many times.

16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The legend show, Ricky A.Subagja/Icuk Sugiarto beat Alan Budikusuma/Kartono, 21-19.

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Ricky Widianto/Devi Tika Permatasari def Irfan Fadhilah/Weni Aggraini, 21-12 ; 21-18.

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Fransiska 'Nana' Ratnasari won WS title convincingly, beat Maria Elfira 21-12 ; 21-9.

19. hiltonmoreira9

hiltonmoreira9 Regular Member

student
    it is time for nana to win. winning international challenge is a great step. go nana!
    I'm waiting for women's doubles to play, can't wait to see vita marissa again.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Are they??..

- Is this the Nana aka Fransiska Ratnasari aka Nana from a couple or so yrs back, when she made a bit of hay in international competition and then for some reason disappeared??...Has she transformed??
    - Wow, haven't heard Fauzi's name being mentioned playing for a title in quite a while...